Roper press conference notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://florida.247sports.com/Board/...-Kurt-Roper-press-conference-Sept-30-31615076

Thought people might be interested to read them.

I like this one

"Roper said the decision to pull a starting quarterback is up to the head coach. They went back and watched all third downs. 8 were on Driskel, 29 were solid as far as the execution. It's really a team thing, he said. Driskel is a tough-minded guy.

Asked how that conversation would go about changing starting quarterbacks, Roper said Will would initiate that conversation. "But again, we have 100 percent confidence that Jeff is the guy we can win games with."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n65586 said:
"But again, we have 100 percent confidence that Jeff is the guy we can win games with."
My God, we are doomed. Just flat-out doomed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n65593 said:
My God, we are doomed. Just flat-out doomed.

Yep its pretty obvious Muschamp is in control when it comes to the QB situation. I really thought he would be job scared enough to let Roper fully run things on offense. I remember Duke struggling against FSU last season and still trying to make something happen even though they weren't moving the ball well earlier. I think that was 100% a Muschamp directive before halftime to run it right up the middle.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n65596 said:
You left out something.

When asked about the conservative play calling, Roper stated, " Will would initiate that conversation".

Kurt Roper said they've been pretty good in the run game, haven't been able to stay healthy, but guys have stepped up. Asked if they go to the run game a little more with Driskel struggling. "I think we've got a chance to a pretty good run team."

Tenn was probably going to do it anyway but all they have to do is load the box unless Driskel miraculously finds some accuracy on deep passes. I am starting to really feel nervous about this Tenn game.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not defending JD's play, but why would Roper come out and say "Yeah, Jeff sucks you internet guys are right"....?

He also said he doesn't think Harris is really ready. Guess we'll gloss over that one.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n65607 said:
Not defending JD's play, but why would Roper come out and say "Yeah, Jeff sucks you internet guys are right"....?

He also said he doesn't think Harris is really ready. Guess we'll gloss over that one.

I am actually surprised he didn't deflect more on who starts the QB conversation saying its a mutual one started by both of them.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Gator Fever;n65586 said:
"Roper said the decision to pull a starting quarterback is up to the head coach. They went back and watched all third downs. 8 were on Driskel, 29 were solid as far as the execution. It's really a team thing, he said. Driskel is a tough-minded guy.

Sounds like CYA to me so when/if Muschamp gets fired he will get rehired real quick.

orange60

Banned
Banned
Sep 30, 2014
As everyone has finally figured out that Roper is not a real OC. He didn't call the plays @ Duke, Cutcliffe did, just like he did @Tenn. Roper couldn't call a square dance.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
orange60;n65619 said:
As everyone has finally figured out that Roper is not a real OC. He didn't call the plays @ Duke, Cutcliffe did, just like he did @Tenn. Roper couldn't call a square dance.

Roper did call the plays there. I don't believe that - I think he is in shock he has a QB that can't even grasp running the zone read correctly however.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n65620 said:
Last year none of the backups were ready either. I'm sensing a pattern.

What ? Murphy played decent before the injury.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The staff has no one to blame but themselves. They ran off the other back ups and if that is the case that Treon is not ready...that is all on the coaches. JD, without an NFL defense, isn't a starting caliber QB in D1 ball. I've been saying this for years. Dude isn't good enough and we got nearly every break in the world in 2012. I imagine his overall record(which people point to as some end all be all when it comes to JD) will pretty much even out after this season. Sorry to say it but it is the truth.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n65625 said:

Nope - he did play well before the LSU injury. We were actually scoring in the red zone etc and he had a little pocket presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.