Rumors on Will Grier

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Gatorcountry tweeting the rumors are false. No clue how to post a link from my phone, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
The other problem with transferring is that you have to learn another playbook already putting you behind whomever was already there. He has an advantage over anyone who is or potentially may be on campus having already built a report with the WR and coaching staff here. You forfeit that along with another 6 games if you transfer. My guess is that Mac plays it week to week like he did at the start of this year. If del rio is average (taking any freshman QB out of the mix because most coaches hate playing true freshman QB's) WG will get a shot

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Ferg obviously didn't hear it from a guy in a boot.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
MiamiGator Retweeted
#InAllKindsOfWeather ‏@AllKindsWeather 7m7 minutes agoAllentown, PA
The rumors that Will Grier withdrew from UF are false. He remains on track to be reinstated to the team October 10th, 2016. #Gators

Has Grier even been seen on campus? Last we heard he was chillin' in NC. So how does that work? Does he get an "incomplete" in all his classes? I'm sure they are all jock classes but don't you have to at least show up for a test? What does "withdraw" even mean? I don't think you have to file any paper work like you're disavowing your nationality. I started on my Master's at UCF (and FIT) but then stopped taking classes. I have yet to be chased down by a process server demanding I sign my withdrawal papers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, Threat is a fugitive from The Law (no relation)?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Has Grier even been seen on campus? Last we heard he was chillin' in NC. So how does that work? Does he get an "incomplete" in all his classes? I'm sure they are all jock classes but don't you have to at least show up for a test? What does "withdraw" even mean? I don't think you have to file any paper work like you're disavowing your nationality. I started on my Master's at UCF (and FIT) but then stopped taking classes. I have yet to be chased down by a process server demanding I sign my withdrawal papers.

He's flying up on the weekends. It's about a two hour flight.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Got a source that is telling me he is transferring as well. Take it for what it's worth.

If this turns out to be bogus, Ill never cite said source again.....but normally he is right on.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
I cannot but wonder if Mac said going isn t a bad idea for him, then Fla can move forward with the players Mac brought in. I m off to wk. It will be 330 pm my time, 930am for most of you when I find out if he s really going. Lots of D2 schools would open the door for him.
Bayergator

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
This is insane if true. And watch this whole QB dance blow up in our faces.

Grier transfers. Franks throws a hissy over Eason's visit and flips back to LSU. Eason decides he really does love UGA and sticks with the Dawgs.

And we end up with :kiffin:!!!

:doh:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is insane if true. And watch this whole QB dance blow up in our faces.

Grier transfers. Franks throws a hissy over Eason's visit and flips back to LSU. Eason decides he really does love UGA and sticks with the Dawgs.

And we end up with :kiffin:
I can't believe your attitude. Are you forgetting we already have a seasoned qb on the roster?

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Take it for what its worth (nothing), but I know somebody who knows a former player who claims to still have friends in the program, and he said there is more to the Grier saga than has been made public and that its going to get more interesting before its all said and done. He would not elaborate further, and for all I know, he knows nothing more than anyone else and its just blowing smoke. As for me, I would not be shocked at all if he left, I have said all along I doubted he would ever take another snap as a starting QB at UF. Everyone who thinks we're just going to sit around and twiddle our thumbs waiting for him to be eligible again, and then hand him the keys and he's going to ride in 7 games into the season, having not played in a game in a year, and rescue the offense, its pure fantasy.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I believe he's going to walk as well. What a waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.