Sam Bradford tears his ACL again, will collect another $14 million anyway

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There's even some Tebow speculation, but I'm not holding my breath.

Or maybe even Tim Tebow. That’s only partially a joke. The Rams are one of the few teams to show any sort of interest in Tebow over the past few years. With a crippling defense and Tebow’s panache for turning close fourth-quarter games into dramatic wins, maybe Tebow becomes the best option.

It also would give offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer a chance to display the ultimate one-fingered salute to the Jets, who dumped Schottenheimer not long before embarking on their disastrous one-year Tebow experiment.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-re-tore-acl/

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Having suffered a torn ACL, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. However, for $14M, I'd do it again.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
jereed16 said:
Having suffered a torn ACL, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. However, for $14M, I'd do it again.
:lol:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Sucks for the guy. As for Tebow, I guess we'll believe it when we see it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n33985 said:
Sucks for the guy.
He's getting $14 million for doing nothing. Does it really suck for him?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It sucks he got injured. I never wish that kinda stuff on anyone. He's going end up as a huge bust.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n33990 said:
It sucks he got injured. I never wish that kinda stuff on anyone. He's going end up as a huge bust.

People said the same of Derrick Rose after he suffered a second knee in as many years. He's come back strong with Team USA. It's different nowadays. Surgical techniques are lightyears better. Bradford is young enough that, if he commits to rehab, he can come back as good as new. It's not like he was dependent on his mobility to begin with. He's a tremendous talent.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n33999]He's a tremendous talent.[/QUOTE]
He's been a complete mediocrity in the NFL even when he's been healthy. He was a bust even before this most recent injury.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
[QUOTE='78;n33999]He's a tremendous talent.
He's been a complete mediocrity in the NFL even when he's been healthy. He was a bust even before this most recent injury. [/quote]He was off to a tremendous start last season. You can't deny that.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I feel a lot worse for the Rams than I do for Bradford, but the human in you can't help but feel empathy for someone who just went through a ton of rehab only to have the same injury again almost immediately. But yeah, sign me up for a $14M contract where I get paid even if I don't work for a whole year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
He's been a complete mediocrity in the NFL even when he's been healthy. He was a bust even before this most recent injury. [/quote]For the 3 plays before he blew out his knee? He's missed 31 out of 80 games in his career.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
He's been a complete mediocrity in the NFL even when he's been healthy. He was a bust even before this most recent injury. [/quote]262 pass attempts, 14 TDs against four picks, is a little more than three plays.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
'78 said:
People said the same of Derrick Rose after he suffered a second knee in as many years. He's come back strong with Team USA. It's different nowadays. Surgical techniques are lightyears better. Bradford is young enough that, if he commits to rehab, he can come back as good as new. It's not like he was dependent on his mobility to begin with. He's a tremendous talent.
Basketball has much less contact and wear & tear on the body.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n33985 said:
Sucks for the guy. As for Tebow, I guess we'll believe it when we see it.
Early reports are the Rams are interested in trading for Mark Sanchez, yes, Mark Sanchez. It's over for Tebow, mysteriously.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did someone say "Sam Bradford was sacked again"? Sorry, couldn't resist. Sux he got injured.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n34044 said:
Early reports are the Rams are interested in trading for Mark Sanchez, yes, Mark Sanchez. It's over for Tebow, mysteriously.
Schottenheimer hated Sanchez when he coached him with the Jets. That won't happen. Plus, Schotty is a Gator and I'm sure he loves himself some Teebs.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n34046 said:
Schottenheimer hated Sanchez when he coached him with the Jets. That won't happen. Plus, Schotty is a Gator and I'm sure he loves himself some Teebs.
Maybe this is his last, best hope then. The other hope is that Donald Trump acquires some sort of ownership and decision-making of the Buffalo Bills. He's already on record saying he'd bring Tebow in to replace the disaster, EJ Manuel.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta agree with Jereed, done both my Acl's a couple of times and would've loved to have gotten $1 mil let alone 14. Hate to see anyone except a few :nole: rapists go down but if you play the game you take that risk.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n34060 said:
Maybe this is his last, best hope then. The other hope is that Donald Trump acquires some sort of ownership and decision-making of the Buffalo Bills. He's already on record saying he'd bring Tebow in to replace the disaster, EJ Manuel.
Pretty sure Tebow is going to do exactly what Kurt Warner did in this exact same position 15 years ago. He's going to come in and take them all the way to a SB victory this season. Yup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator