Sam Bradford tears his ACL again, will collect another $14 million anyway

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n34066 said:
Pretty sure Tebow is going to do exactly what Kurt Warner did in this exact same position 15 years ago. He's going to come in and take them all the way to a SB victory this season. Yup.

Buffalo would pick up a bunch of new fans wearing orange and blue.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
oxrageous;n34066 said:
Pretty sure Tebow is going to do exactly what Kurt Warner did in this exact same position 15 years ago. He's going to come in and take them all the way to a SB victory this season. Yup.

Buffalo would pick up a bunch of new fans wearing orange and blue.
I meant for the Rams, just like Kurt Warner did when Trent Green blew out his ACL in a preseason game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
[QUOTE='78;n33999]He's a tremendous talent.
He's been a complete mediocrity in the NFL even when he's been healthy. He was a bust even before this most recent injury. [/quote]You a relative? Bradford sucks.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
[QUOTE='78;n33999]He's a tremendous talent.
He's been a complete mediocrity in the NFL even when he's been healthy. He was a bust even before this most recent injury. [/quote]Checkmate.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
The Original DC;n34060 said:
Maybe this is his last, best hope then. The other hope is that Donald Trump acquires some sort of ownership and decision-making of the Buffalo Bills. He's already on record saying he'd bring Tebow in to replace the disaster, EJ Manuel.
Wouldn't that be story line? Except something about him wearing a helmet with horns on it.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't see Schotty bringing in the Butt-Fumbler. Not sure how much imput he would have but who knows in the NFL. Would love to see TT go Kurt Warner for the Rams. That would make for an awesome story.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n33999]

People said the same of Derrick Rose after he suffered a second knee in as many years. He's come back strong with Team USA. It's different nowadays. Surgical techniques are lightyears better. Bradford is young enough that, if he commits to rehab, he can come back as good as new. It's not like he was dependent on his mobility to begin with. He's a tremendous talent. [/QUOTE]

it's not just acl tears he's proven he can't stay healthy and he sucks balls when he is? What has he not injured?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n34016 said:
I feel a lot worse for the Rams than I do for Bradford, but the human in you can't help but feel empathy for someone who just went through a ton of rehab only to have the same injury again almost immediately. But yeah, sign me up for a $14M contract where I get paid even if I don't work for a whole year.

The rams had the whole off season to move in a different direction. They're idiots for paying a possibly the most injury prone an ever. I don't feel sorry for them idiots.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n34113 said:
The rams had the whole off season to move in a different direction. They're idiots for paying a possibly the most injury prone an ever. I don't feel sorry for them idiots.

Well they could have released him, meaning they still have to pay him. Or they could have traded him, which they weren't going to do because he's been a solid QB in the time that he's been on the field. He was offensive ROTY, slumped a bit and struggled with injuries his 2nd year, then had a solid 3rd year and was having arguably his best season last year until he got hurt. So your reasoning is that since he missed 9 games with an injury last year, they should have gotten rid of their franchise quarterback?

Can you take over the Cowboys as GM so they can remain horrible forever? Thanks.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
t-gator;n34113 said:

Well they could have released him, meaning they still have to pay him. Or they could have traded him, which they weren't going to do because he's been a solid QB in the time that he's been on the field. He was offensive ROTY, slumped a bit and struggled with injuries his 2nd year, then had a solid 3rd year and was having arguably his best season last year until he got hurt. So your reasoning is that since he missed 9 games with an injury last year, they should have gotten rid of their franchise quarterback?

Can you take over the Cowboys as GM so they can remain horrible forever? Thanks.
I don't think anyone needs to take over in Dallas to keep them horrible. The Jones' are doing just fine on their own.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
'78 said:
People said the same of Derrick Rose after he suffered a second knee in as many years. He's come back strong with Team USA. It's different nowadays. Surgical techniques are lightyears better. Bradford is young enough that, if he commits to rehab, he can come back as good as new. It's not like he was dependent on his mobility to begin with. He's a tremendous talent.
But unlike Rose, Bradford was injury prone in college. He was a risk going into the NFL with his shoulder injuries his junior year playing only 3 games. He as only completed 2 of his 5 seasons (including this one) in the NFL. Now as you pointed out he isn't a moble guy and unlike basketball there isn't as much cutting so the stress on the liagment isn't as constant.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
t-gator;n34113 said:

At least Stephen Jones is stepping up to try to get his father to think more logically and long term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.