A ugly win is better than a "curb stomping"! I'd take it

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
Gator Fever;n60076 said:
Trying to look at it without O&B glasses I think Georgia and SC would be clear favorites over us due to their offenses and LSU would be favored because their defense could probably cause us a lot of problems with no passing threat and Missouri would be a danger to still outscore us.

I never said they wouldn't be favorites. At this point they should be. No O&B classes, just looking at the match-ups logically. LSU wasn't that impressive against Mississippi State or Wisconsin. South Carolina's best win is against Georgia where their Defense didn't show up either. Georgia's best win is against a questionable Clemson team, that should have beat FSU saturday night by 20 if it didn't continually shoot itself in the foot. Missouri who played horrible against Indiana. Right now we are a step below the not very good teams in the East, but we also do not know what is going to change on any of those teams who all indentity issues. I don't trust any of the mentioned teams right now. I would take Auburn or Alabama by 20 over any of them.
Didn't say Auburn or Alabama is a great team, you did. So lets not get to ahead of ourselves Mr. FSU lover. FSU did everything they could to hand that game to Clemson, and Clemson didn't take care of business. Any good team would have beaten FSU by 20 points Saturday night, by the way FSU played alone. Auburn had a tough game at Kansas State which should have been expected on a Thursday night. Limited preparation and at a hostile environment where K-State is giving everything they can because its an SEC team and the National Runner Up. Alabama is a better team now then they were against West Virginia, but they aren't a great team. They may be the best team in the SEC and when playing at home they are a better team. Alabama and Auburn are currently the best two teams in the SEC. Saying that, both teams are worse than they were last year.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
Zambo;n60869 said:
Hell I'd probably drink beer and go to strip clubs with Muschamp. I don't hate the guy. But we need a better coach.
Don't know if I'd go that far. I'd be afraid he'd try to get a grip on some gal's midline and all hell would break loose.
Let's hire you. You must know what a "midline" is, apparently that qualifies you. I'm just another one of the poor slobs that still don't know what Muschamp was talking about when he was explaining why the Gators lost to Georgia Southern.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Concrete Helmet;n59893 said:
Learn how to coach. Here's something to chew on. Muschamp coaches the safety's and that's the 2nd worse position group on the field at this point behind QB. It would be easy to say that's because they are new starters. Well consider that Marcus Maye has been here for 4 years. Jabari Gorman has been here for 5 and they continue to be below average players despite coming in highly ranked. Consider also we have more highly recruited safety's than any program in the country. Yet we see what has happened there the last 2 weeks.
We also see a coach who names a starting QB before the season begins and sticks with him despite below marginal results without even getting his back up in a game that was lost midway through the 4th quarter. We still see more than an acceptable amount of stupid penalties and dropped passes by the same players. There are probably a handful of other examples.

So in response to your question, yes winning those games would help his cause but it won't save his job if he lose 3 more games this year IMO.

Actually, the Safeties didn't play real bad, as most people think. Poole was the weak link, most of the day. I can't believe we didn't call time out on that first TD pass, when Morrison was matched up out wide with one of the fastest players on their team. How do you blame the coaches when some of your top receivers drop perfectly thrown passes? No, I'm not defending Muschamp, but, I think the criticism needs to be accurate - there's plenty of that. Dunbar looked scared of Collins taking his head off. I have watched the game 5 times, a lot of slow-mo and couldn't believe have he almost crapped his paints right before the ball hit his hands. You could see him cringing, like he had walked out in front of a train. Too bad Worton broke his hand, because we need to give him a shot.
Oh really! Well that's good to know. Wonder why the officials didn't are it. They don't miss anything else they claim we do.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n61088 said:
I dunno the blind devotion to Muschamp is cult-like

I'll be damned if I know what you are talking about... I haven't seen one post since the Bama game that offered any support for Muschamp but you keep bringing this idea up as if there are dozens of people saying everything is ok and WM is doing a fine job. Maybe you should actually read some post before you keep saying inane things.

Inane=stupid

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:

I'll be damned if I know what you are talking about... I haven't seen one post since the Bama game that offered any support for Muschamp but you keep bringing this idea up as if there are dozens of people saying everything is ok and WM is doing a fine job. Maybe you should actually read some post before you keep saying inane things.

Inane=stupid
Gotta agree with dc on this. Even the long suffering and the optimists are realists about our situation. Just because some don't call WM names and take all this personally does not equate to cult-like devotion.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You all are mean. Will Muschamp is a Gator. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for picking on him. :headshake:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:

Inane=stupid
So which posts in this thread gave you that "vibe?" Please use the quote function.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
You all are mean. Will Muschamp is a Gator. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for picking on him. :headshake:
Hold on a minute while I back up the bus and run his ass over again :)

Aug 5, 2014
TheDouglas78 said:
As I said before the season, win the SEC East and he stays. If not he goes. Right now we are where most of us expected us to be at this point in the season, minus a win verse Idaho.
Mr. Douglas,
Did you honestly think 3OT to beat Kentucky and give up the most yards ever to bama? And for the starting qb to look so bad?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
As I said before the season, win the SEC East and he stays. If not he goes. Right now we are where most of us expected us to be at this point in the season, minus a win verse Idaho.
All will be forgiven in those two games, if he goes to the SEC Championship game. Because we will be back to completing for Championships. Now, right now that outcome looks unlikely, but it is the standard and 3 games into a season doesn't change that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.