Say we win Tenn, LSU and ugly

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
You still want champ gone? Just wondering what he has to do to stick around in some of y'all's minds?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Learn how to coach. Here's something to chew on. Muschamp coaches the safety's and that's the 2nd worse position group on the field at this point behind QB. It would be easy to say that's because they are new starters. Well consider that Marcus Maye has been here for 4 years. Jabari Gorman has been here for 5 and they continue to be below average players despite coming in highly ranked. Consider also we have more highly recruited safety's than any program in the country. Yet we see what has happened there the last 2 weeks.
We also see a coach who names a starting QB before the season begins and sticks with him despite below marginal results without even getting his back up in a game that was lost midway through the 4th quarter. We still see more than an acceptable amount of stupid penalties and dropped passes by the same players. There are probably a handful of other examples.

So in response to your question, yes winning those games would help his cause but it won't save his job if he lose 3 more games this year IMO.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
bailing water on the titanic...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
T REX;n59895 said:

More or less. The reason I say he's gone with 3 more losses is at 7-4 we will make a bowl game but we cannot wait until after a bowl to start a coaching search. If we lose to UT the silent search will begin. I also believe that regardless of him being fired they will not announce until after the season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Those are must wins IMO. UGAly as well. I think WM gets to around 4 loses he's gone especially if the Leghumpers win.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
Concrete Helmet said:
T REX;n59895 said:

More or less. The reason I say he's gone with 3 more losses is at 7-4 we will make a bowl game but we cannot wait until after a bowl to start a coaching search. If we lose to UT the silent search will begin. I also believe that regardless of him being fired they will not announce until after the season.
7-4 and a bowl game, Mushcamp keeps his job and fires Roper.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How many ways can we wrap the same package?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think it really depends on the rest of the games. If we beat USC also and end up winning the East (even if we get clobbered by FSU and West Champion) then he stays. The reality is that in order to do that the team would have to show a ton of improvement. The QB play and safety play would have to be better.

Muschamp is not fired yet.. he is on his way out the door, but if he finds a way to turn the team around he will stay as coach. Based on what we have seen this year... I think that is unlikely.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In reality, nothing has changed regarding WM's status since before the 1st game except we are 2 - 1.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n59912 said:
Make it to the SEC championship game or get fired.

I said this earlier this year. The SEC has new QBs ALL OVER the league. That's why play hasn't been good. Particularly in the East. We have a veteran team with a veteran QB. Win the East. Or be fired.

That's it.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
If we beat UT soundly, then beat a highly ranked LSU (currently 17, but they play Auburn before us and could be ranked higher) we could possibly be a ranked team beating the dawgs. That would clearly be the best possible outcome.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
deuce said:
In reality, nothing has changed regarding WM's status since before the 1st game except we are 2 - 1.
3-1. I am sure Foley is counting Idaho when considering Muschamp's tenure.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What if we win the super bowl?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As I said before the season, win the SEC East and he stays. If not he goes. Right now we are where most of us expected us to be at this point in the season, minus a win verse Idaho.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Here is where I stand on WM. We would have to win the East, beat UGLY, show that he can fix the issues in the secondary, either fix Driskel or bench him, and not get skull-dragged against F$PUE like we did against Bama. That is what good coaching does. It shows that you can see the mistakes made and fix them.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see a noticeable change in the way the offense is run. 3 different coordinators and still the conservative play-calling and playing it close to the vest. Muschamp may not be calling the plays, but he's definitely influencing what's happening.

I was a complete supporter of Muschamp for awhile, but I've just reached the point where I don't care about UF football anymore. There's very little that's exciting about this team.

I'd like to see some personnel changes, or at the very least, see more rotation of skill players throughout the game. I have a feeling we are going to stick with JD at least to start UT and Muschamp will say something like, "a 4th year player gives us our best chance going into a hostile environment" and it will take several series of suck before a move is considered.

Muschamp will have to make a lot of changes for this team to be in contention for the SECe. I don't think he will make the changes he needs to. Let's move on

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
What if monkeys fly out of your butt. You'd be surprised and no sane man expects that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.