Scott Frost: Nebraska and Florida

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Money isn't going to be the make or break for him. He will care more about where his heart is at and what money he can get for his assistants. His wife is from Arizona (Scottsdale) and lived in Oregon for a while. Weather isn't going to matter much to her. She will care more about the educational system for her kid.

When you are making millions ur kid isn't going to public school so that really doesn't matter. Not to mention it will be 6 years before that's even an issue.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
My experience with Nebraska weather....(skip if you have ADD or just don't care)

So I have to travel with my job and had to go to Omaha in the middle of January.....it was 13 degrees BELOW ZERO. When I parked the car and got out to go into the hotel, there were two squirrels in the brush next to the car. I wondered why they were not running as I was less than 5 feet away from them. THEY WERE FROZEN....FROZEN SOLID. I went into the hotel and the desk clerk asked me if I had plugged my rental car into the outlet in front of the car. I asked why and he told me that at the temperatures they were expecting that night (-25 or colder) that my car battery would most likely be dead and if not, the oil in the car would be so thick it would not pump through the car...potential leaving me stranded somewhere. I was like WTF??? Then, the next morning, I had to borrow a hammer and screw driver to chip off the ice on the car so I could open my door and see out the windshield. I went to my meeting and told the story to the folks I was meeting with and they all just looked at me like, "yeah...so?" I thought to myself, "what the hell is wrong with you people??" and vowed to never go back to the state ever again. That was 17 years ago and I handed that account over to a newbie who later told me he quit the company because he did not ever want to go back to Nebraska.

image.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Money isn't going to be the make or break for him. He will care more about where his heart is at and what money he can get for his assistants. His wife is from Arizona (Scottsdale) and lived in Oregon for a while. Weather isn't going to matter much to her. She will care more about the educational system for her kid.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/articles/how-states-compare

• The gold and silver awards reflect which schools are most successfully preparing students for college, based on students participating in and achieving passing scores on Advanced Placement tests. For a school to be eligible for a gold or silver medal, its students must also do well on the appropriate statewide tests and graduate at high rates, as explained in the rankings methodology.
State: FL
Number of eligible high schools**: 722

Gold medal schools (percent and total number): 5.4%
39 Schools

Silver medal schools (percent and total number): 19%
137 Schools

Total number of gold and silver medals: 176

Percent of schools with gold and silver medals: 24.4%

State: NE
Number of eligible high schools**: 238

Gold medal schools (percent and total number): 0.4%
1 School

Silver medal schools (percent and total number): 1.3%
3 Schools

Total number of gold and silver medals: 4

Percent of schools with gold and silver medals: 1.7%

:whistle:

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are going to be sorely disappointed. Personally, I think he's already got most of a deal done in principle with the Gators. It's already over.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His wife is from Arizona (Scottsdale) and lived in Oregon for a while. Weather isn't going to matter much to her.
Right. Keep telling yourself that.

Weather wont matter and recruiting and the ability to win championships wont matter. Everyone loves freezing their eyeballs out six months of the year. It is why so many people retire to Nebraska.

All the Frosts will want is a good public school.... as if they wont be attending the best private schools one after we hand them several dozen millions of dollars.

The family thing is a draw though no doubt, but, again, dozens of millions is life-changing money. He has no doubt made mid six figures as an OC and a mil or more now, but the 5+ mil with a 4-6 year contract is a different thing. They can afford to move mama out of that frozen shythole now.

Have you posted us a pic yet?

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NetEngGator said:
I base my decisions on facts. Because of that, Jessica, I will need to see some pics of you before I can decide which way I think Frost goes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMHO, Jessica cannot supply us with a photo, they're in such demand she's got none on-hand. No way is she gonna unpin the photo on the face of that cornfield scarecrow.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like it takes 3 days to drive through either one.

Ohhh, look! A tumbleweed!

Marlin Perkins here, for Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom. Today, we'll be stalking the wild tumbleweed. In winter here in Nebraska, campers with camfires have to be vigilent because tumbleweeds cannot take the freezing cold; so they are known to commit suicide by purposely rolling into the fire. Shhh! There's one resting now. Let's see if we can get close without spooking it. Darn it! He's spotted us 'cause there's nothing else to see on this Nebraska landscape. Dang! We got a runner boys! Just ignore the camera bounce & my heavy breathing, while I chase this Tumbleweed down. Ugh, Umph, hard bounce ground.

This is a very mature Tumbleweed, judging by its circumference. Look, as you can see on this one's outer circumference, this critter has dust-prints from all areas of Nebraska 'cause that's where dust is. Let me pull out its insides. As you can see the Tumbleweed is a great symbol of the state, nothing inside. Tom here is gonna brand this one while I try to hold him ... has to be done quick 'cause the last one burned totally up. Ruined our shoot.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
You guys are going to be sorely disappointed. Personally, I think he's already got most of a deal done in principle with the Gators. It's already over.

Is it though? I just don't see it as a good idea to not have a face to face meeting with a guy before making a deal. Especially after the lesson learned with MacElwain and not being the right fit for our program. I am very sure there have been communication between proxies, but pretty sure there has been no face to face, right?

Also ... your words are a deja-vu to the famous Bob Redman "Stoops is a done deal" quote. Respect the hell out of your input, but you are going to jinx us! :)

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
My experience with Nebraska weather....(skip if you have ADD or just don't care)

So I have to travel with my job and had to go to Omaha in the middle of January.....it was 13 degrees BELOW ZERO. When I parked the car and got out to go into the hotel, there were two squirrels in the brush next to the car. I wondered why they were not running as I was less than 5 feet away from them. THEY WERE FROZEN....FROZEN SOLID. I went into the hotel and the desk clerk asked me if I had plugged my rental car into the outlet in front of the car. I asked why and he told me that at the temperatures they were expecting that night (-25 or colder) that my car battery would most likely be dead and if not, the oil in the car would be so thick it would not pump through the car...potential leaving me stranded somewhere. I was like WTF??? Then, the next morning, I had to borrow a hammer and screw driver to chip off the ice on the car so I could open my door and see out the windshield. I went to my meeting and told the story to the folks I was meeting with and they all just looked at me like, "yeah...so?" I thought to myself, "what the hell is wrong with you people??" and vowed to never go back to the state ever again. That was 17 years ago and I handed that account over to a newbie who later told me he quit the company because he did not ever want to go back to Nebraska.

-13 is kids play...

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it is going to come down to money. I think it is going to come down to where he wants to coach and possibly sees the best opportunity. It is certainly possible that his loyalty takes him to Nebraska. If that is the case then I would certainly rather he go there. I don't want a coach who would rather be somewhere else. I think the money will be close enough or either school will match so that it isn't what makes the difference.

It really is going to come down to where he and his family would rather be. I hope that is UF... I think without a doubt it is a better opportunity and job, but I wouldn't blame him if he choose to go coach at NU.

I am with you.
I really want Frost but only if he REALLY wants the Florida job.
I don't want a guy that dreams of another job, or calls every other job his dream job. Nor do I want a guy that might leave for another job in a couple of years.
If Frost's goal is the win a national title then the decision is easy. If he wants to answer the "call from mama" then go to Lincoln and freeze to death.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I hear you but believe it or not, some of Florida's schools are top notch as well AND they have a little more diversity than a vanilla wafer so there's that too.
It's not about money and it's not about trivial things like schools (I say trivial because of the educational options available when you earn 7 figures) it is about what his objectives are.
If he wants to win titles, he will be headed to Gainesville.
If he wants to restore his alma mater to some level of relevancy then he is on his way to Lincoln.

I don't know the man so I don't know the answer.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
Hey Jessica ... why don't you just get back with us when ... A. You got some pics ... 2. Nebraska has a coaching vacancy to fill.

It is almost kinda creepy how Nebraska is out flirting with all the hot coaches out there while they still haven't publicly committed to needing a new coach soon.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think the intermediaries have made the connections that express UF has chosen Frost and the agent has provided a guage to Frost's interest. All are waiting 'til UCF & their HC have played their very last game.

I know this has been hit upon, but it is very, very important that we get a scientific S & C coach -- God, it's the University of Florida! Get someone (GS) from the kinestheology "dept." and human physiology. Go for scientically adding musle-strength. Go for fortifying against injury, even remedying muscle soreness after games. Clad them all over with Tommy Copper compression sleeves. (Oh did y'all know that those weird "lines" of tape have to be prescribed by a medical proffessional trained by a 3-day course on the how-to and the whys of tape placement?) Comes with a textbook.

The greatest pure science book on maximizing strength-gains is entitled "The Power Factor". The science is simple i.e. you don't need electronic guaging, just written "journals" recording weight totals, # of lifts, length of rest-periods, etc. I read it long ago & have forgotten too much. It does show several techniques that today's strength trainers are doing wrong, even preventing strength increases. The Power Factor was published around 1945! That's good because its results came before the discovery of testosterone, the first steroid isolated. So no gains are due to unnatural boosters.

I remember they emphasized that the greatest contributor to muscle strength gains is "the rest-period". And every person has their own unique "rest-period". You see, you stress your biceps muscle in the lifting. Your muscles should be sore afterward. You have caused microtears in your muscle fibers that need to rest & heal. Your miraculous biofeedback system says : "Hell, if he's gonna put that new heavier stress on these biceps, then I'm gonna build back these torn fibers even stronger so that weight can be lifted smoothly without tearing & sore pain".

This is from sketchy memory. Bench press ... doing full bench presses is counter productive. Starting with the bar on your chest puts your arm muscles at too much mechanical disadvantage (bone lever angles) because the arm muscles are not suppose to work from there. It is a weakest position. So a lifter has to cut down the weight to satisfy this weakness. From the chest, the lifter has to work out with 225 lbs; but if the spotter hands him the bar at a partially higher start position, he can stress his muscle fibers with 245 lbs. If you work out and would like surer strength-gains, order the book from Amazon.
But surely no high-salaried S &C coach should be without this book.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator