Scott Frost: Nebraska and Florida

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
I really want Frost but only if he REALLY wants the Florida job.
This. I don't want a mercenary who goes to the highest bidder, I want a guy who WANTS to be a Gator. I pray this isn't a money grab but someone who is committed to UF....the good, the bad, and the ugly. I remember Urban's first press conference and he channeled a lot of SOS bravado and reference to "the school out west", etc. I got the feeling he "got it", at least in the beginning. I want a coach who "gets it", who "wants it" and is prepared to do WHATEVER it takes to work with the administration, booster, and recruits to build a sustainable, successful program that takes us out of this 3-4 year cycle of "rinse and repeat" failure. I am not smart enough to determine who this person is, but I want someone as excited to go to Gainesville as I was, my daughter is, and the folks who make Saturdays in the SWAMP so special.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gainesville is near to Tampa, St. Petersburg, Orlando, Daytona Beach, Jacksonville. Lincoln is close to...Omaha.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I would add Crescent Beach, Cedar Keys, Ginny Springs (divers), and plenty of other cool places.

Omaha. I'm sure you can get a great steak there. And snow chains for your tires.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I believe Frost will love coaching Florida. Florida will be his foundation-school for winning championships, for getting ahold of the best athletes, etc. This guy is "no-nonsense". He's learned well from every mentor he's been exposed to. I expect that he'll be thrilled to have Spurrier around.

I believe that here Frost will have better athletes than at UCF - already in place at UF. If a number have been so irretrieveably McEnized, Frost will develop less into more, just like he's done at UCF. We gotta consider the possibility that Mac approved of lazyness in coaches and in players? Mac may have been subconsciously sabotaging the program in an internal tantrum to get out. I think now we've seen enough to know that there was more dismantling than imagined. (This total team collapse did not happen to LSU when Miles was fired with games remaining to be played.)

Anyway ... right now were all vexedly peering into the fog trying to make out the figure coming our way. Not 'til Nov.28 or December? Whoever that is will be better than the prior Mac guy. Corral will rally the troops and possibly is already connecting with other stars in casual social media chats. Wish signing da was further away, so who gets HC would have more time to recruit. Hope Frost gets named and he and his staff come in with recruiting rabies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You know, it is interesting that Nebraska's downfall started the year my cousin got there, in 2002. Do you think my family is personally responsible for the crash? Bland blood is toxic.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
My experience with Nebraska weather....(skip if you have ADD or just don't care)

So I have to travel with my job and had to go to Omaha in the middle of January.....it was 13 degrees BELOW ZERO. When I parked the car and got out to go into the hotel, there were two squirrels in the brush next to the car. I wondered why they were not running as I was less than 5 feet away from them. THEY WERE FROZEN....FROZEN SOLID. I went into the hotel and the desk clerk asked me if I had plugged my rental car into the outlet in front of the car. I asked why and he told me that at the temperatures they were expecting that night (-25 or colder) that my car battery would most likely be dead and if not, the oil in the car would be so thick it would not pump through the car...potential leaving me stranded somewhere. I was like WTF??? Then, the next morning, I had to borrow a hammer and screw driver to chip off the ice on the car so I could open my door and see out the windshield. I went to my meeting and told the story to the folks I was meeting with and they all just looked at me like, "yeah...so?" I thought to myself, "what the hell is wrong with you people??" and vowed to never go back to the state ever again. That was 17 years ago and I handed that account over to a newbie who later told me he quit the company because he did not ever want to go back to Nebraska.
As I have said before, I spent a decade in Lincoln one year. It was the winter people remembered. Still, for 43 straight days the high of the day did not reach UP to freezi
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I would add Crescent Beach, Cedar Keys, Ginny Springs (divers), and plenty of other cool places.

Omaha. I'm sure you can get a great steak there. And snow chains for your tires.
I was in Lincoln when they got their first seafood restaurant--Red Lobster!!! Everyone thought it was wonderful. You couldn't get in the restaurant for months.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As do I good sir.
I never blamed Tommy. He seemed like a good kid. He even used to come to the swamp to watch Rod Frazier play for us.

I always blamed Zook for being a moron of a half prepared acting DC/co DC or whatever they called him after Pruett got hired by Marshall.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
As I have said before, I spent a decade in Lincoln one year.

wedding-crashers-wtf.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I flew into Lincoln Nebraska on business in the mid 90s. The airport had A womans bathroom and A mens bathroom. How small was the airport? The mens and ladies rooms were on opposite ends of the airport.

What a hole.

They did have some of the best steaks I've ever had, then or since. Wicked, we aren't in Kansas anymore, type storms. (creepy for a Florida boy).

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You know, it is interesting that Nebraska's downfall started the year my cousin got there, in 2002. Do you think my family is personally responsible for the crash? Bland blood is toxic.

I dunno about toxic, but it doesn't have much taste.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I never blamed Tommy. He seemed like a good kid. He even used to come to the swamp to watch Rod Frazier play for us.

I always blamed Zook for being a moron of a half prepared acting DC/co DC or whatever they called him after Pruett got hired by Marshall.
I appreciate his talent, but damn I was 15 when he torched our asses and it is a painful memory. :haterade:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe the stuff on YouTube. Here's Bland in the flesh sealing up the victory against Texas A&M with an interception in the end zone.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Full disclosure that I am a Nebraska fan. I'm glad that UF fans realize that Scott Frost is a legit head coach. I'm just passing along a radio interview that was done today by our AD and also a tweet about the connection between UNL's Chancellor and how he knows Scott Frost.

Please take a couple of minutes to listen to the radio interview.

Chris Dunker‏ @ChrisDunkerLJS 58m58 minutes ago
Replying to @ChrisDunkerLJS
Q: We all know winter is coming to Nebraska, when is Frost coming? A: Green laughs. Tells story about how athletics is "just like any other business." About management, performance, metrics and customers. "When you realize the need for change, you act."

Chris Dunker‏ @ChrisDunkerLJS 57m57 minutes ago
Replying to @ChrisDunkerLJS
Green adds university is evaluating its business. Says he was at 97 Orange Bowl. Wife's roommate was Frost's cousin. "Yeah, I know who Scott Frost is. We will do what needs to be done in the right way."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/carrik...cle_369b626a-c413-11e7-9cd1-af19c41a1674.html

Sorry but I’ve only ever heard or seen one other person refer to Nebraska as “UNL” - another poster here. No one calls it that.

Jerking our chains?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.