Scott Stricklin kills it in press conference

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
We've been speculating for months whether Stricklin was hired as an extension of Foley. If what you say is correct, then the man really wasn't ready to assume the controls as AD.

If UF wanted an autonomous and fully functional AD, the last thing it needed to do was hire a yes man to Jeremy Foley. I'm hoping we have it all wrong.

Purely speculation on my part, but one of the vibes I got out of that press conference was that Stricklin was going to make sure that everyone knows who is running the athletic program. I wonder if Mac thought that he was bigger than Stricklin and in control of things once Foley left (and when he had a $12 million buyout, he might have thought he was untouchable), as often happens with big-time football programs. Maybe part of the friction was from Mac getting too big for his britches, while Stricklin was quietly assessing his work.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I mentioned on another thread that I have a buddy who worked for a while with Stricklin in the Mississippi State athletic department. He speaks very highly of him and says he is top-notch.
Last night he texted me and said "he will make a great hire". I realize this is anecdotal but the way he handled last night's press conference reinforces what I have heard first-hand from good friend.
Anything like this is worth sharing.:thumbup:

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Does anyone know if Strickland hired Mullen at MS? I do think Mullen is a great fit for MS. He has done as well as anyone could at that school. I do not want Him here! I trust Strickland.

Stricklin did not hire mullen

This will be Stricklin's first football head coach hire. I'm thinking it's going to be a lot like Timmy's first minor league at-bat.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
HOF worthy.
I like Tebow and Spurrier in the background. But it should be Stricklin in the backseat and Mac walking to the car. Go back to work and clean it up.
I cut 2 scenes together. Al Paceno walking away and Carlos getting in the car. Stricklin is Al, McYet is Carlos. BTW...Thats Danny W. beside Spurrier. Pay attention!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I cut 2 scenes together. Al Paceno walking away and Carlos getting in the car. Stricklin is Al, McYet is Carlos. BTW...Thats Danny W. beside Spurrier. Pay attention!
Didn't notice Danny. Good little easter egg. So it's Pacino walking away not Abe walking to the car. Hmmm maybe ditch that because although technically Stricklin is Pacino it has more impact if Stricklin is in the back seat about to garrot Mac.
Oh, or put Shannon in the back as the executioner.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't notice Danny. Good little easter egg. So it's Pacino walking away not Abe walking to the car. Hmmm maybe ditch that because although technically Stricklin is Pacino it has more impact if Stricklin is in the back seat about to garrot Mac.
But my reviews are huge. Best ever. So, so good.

ufdano

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2017
If you are unable to view this message correctly, click here.

TICKETS | FAN INFO | SHOP | DONATE |

Gator Fans:

You have all probably by now heard the news about the University Athletic Association mutually parting ways with Coach McElwain.

There have been a lot of rumors and speculation about the details of the announcement, so I wanted to give some background on the process.

Sunday morning I began conversations for the first time with Coach McElwain and his representation about Coach Mac’s future. By early evening, we had reached the decision to mutually part ways. Out of respect to Coach McElwain, I will keep those conversations between me, him and his representatives private.

We appreciate the way Coach McElwain has handled this and I want to thank him for his time and effort serving as our football coach.

On Sunday, I also met with Randy Shannon and asked him to serve as our interim head coach moving forward and he accepted that offer. We are very fortunate to have someone like Coach Shannon on our staff during a time like this.

We also met with the team and then the coaching staff. These are difficult times for those involved, including the families.

Our student-athletes are always our top priority, especially during unusual circumstances like this. In my meeting with the team, I told the players that the athletic department did not release anything about Coach McElwain until I talked to them face to face.

Moving forward, I am confident that Coach Shannon and our staff will provide the guidance our program needs the remainder of the season. I know our players and coaches are anxious to get on the field and compete against Missouri.

Our search for the next head coach of the University of Florida begins immediately. The search is my responsibility, but I will utilize my contacts and relationships to help us find the best coach for the Gators. I will do everything I can to keep the search process and details confidential. We all understand that rumors tend to run rampant during these situations, and because of that, a lot of what you read and hear will not be accurate. It will not be practical to respond to every rumor. I ask for everyone’s patience as we go through this process and at some point, I will stand up in front of a podium and announce the next head coach at the University of Florida.

At the University of Florida, we have all of the resources here to be successful. We aim to deliver a championship experience with integrity and our goal is to have across the board excellence in everything we do. We have a passionate, supportive fan base, our student-athletes will get an education from a top-10 public institution and we have all the support services for them to excel both on and off the field.

I also want everyone involved with the program, the fans, the players, coaches and staff to have fun.

We are very thankful for your support and appreciate the many ways that provide that support, from buying a ticket to one of our events, wearing Orange and Blue, hanging a flag on your porch or simply saying, "Go Gators!"

Scott Stricklin
@ScottStricklin

This same as his presser basically but thought some of you might be interested. Sorry if this is already up.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
This is pretty encouraging. Didn't see the presser, so thanks for posting. Hope is a wonderful thing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was very reassuring. Said all the right things. Definitely calmed most of the Gatornation, I think.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Great to hear. My biggest fear was the Administration was fine with mediocrity. I'm now hopeful thats not the case

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.