Scott Stricklin kills it in press conference

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
He doesn't have any choice. Frost isn't going to bail on his players while they are in line for an undefeated season and a BCS or whatever they call the non-playoff top bowl games. It's a great thing that he says we are going to wait b/c it means there's a good chance it is Frost.

Urban didn’t either, but Still took the job.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Beginning the search for a new head coach on Nov. 1 is like having an extra week to prepare for an opponent. It's a yuuuuuuge advantage. There's no excuse for us not finding a truly viable candidate.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ever heard of the word due dilligence? Most all people in that 1/2 of 1% income levels do that! If I were a candidate, I sure as hell wouldn't walk into a situation like that unless I was there just for the money. Is that the kind of coach you want? No, I didn't think so.
Amber's IP address shows Tallahassee.

Durty's Toe

drunk AF
Sep 2, 2017
SS seemed giddy during that whole presser. He looked like a guy who just had a 10 pound wart cut off his ass. In agreement with all on here who heard the right message and tone from him.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought it was a great press conference. Observations:
  1. He was professional when discussing Mac as he should be. No overt criticism just move on.
  2. "Fun", he get's it.
  3. He worked the press pool on rumors. Good move.
  4. I like his emphasis on making it exciting for players, staff, and fans.
  5. Based on his comments of "evaluating as you go" and Mac's demeanor this year, this has been in the works for some time. Monday was probably the last straw.
Go Gators!

I agree completely.
I thought he did a great job of dodging the specifics he needed to while still allowing us to hear and feel what we needed to.
I was not real excited about him when he was hired, other than him not being Foley, but I was impressed tonight.

He might just get this right.....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we know he can handle a presser. Let's see how well he handles the task of bringing "the best available coach" to Florida. There'll be plenty of competition. Make it happen, bro.
I've got confidence in him. Dude fired mac 6 games into his tenure. Jumped at the first chance. I'm giving him props right now.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NCAA hasn't even sniffed it yet? They're waiting for Student Code of Conduct outcome

Keep it coming Amber, you are hilarious.
These guys never played a down this year even though no formal charges were filed for weeks. UF went overboard with precaution to ensure that nothing would impact the team or the NCAA.
I am sure that FSU "I am praying for a misdemeanor" would have handled this the same way.

Swampfire

Sep 23, 2017
I think he had a great presser. I didn't expect much of him, thinking him Foley's tool. He handled this better than any press conference I can remember from that arrogant ass Foley though.

+1 for making the right noises
+1000 for firing Hee Haw

Now he needs to go make the slam dunk hire.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Outside of any specific answer Stricklin gave, it was nice to see an AD that can speak relatively well and handle the room, unlike Fooley's stuttering and stammering.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Really liked what I heard from Stricklin. Was obvious this was coming but NumbButts gave them a giant opening. Now we'll see what he does, but it seems obvious he's going for a splash hire.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hear Fuchs was the one up in arms, but I'll give Stricklin his credit where it's due.

After I rake him over the coals for extending Mac four months ago. :giggity:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've got confidence in him. Dude fired mac 6 games into his tenure. Jumped at the first chance. I'm giving him props right now.
He did the right thing exactly when it should have been done. Piss poor coaching examples aside, when McElwain embarrassed the entire community of Gator fans and supporters while trying to elicit sympathy/deflect criticism of the job he was doing with unfounded allegations, it became time to change immediately. There was some fear that he might be a toadie for JF. I believe he has put that notion to rest at this point. Kudos for taking care of the first half of the problem. Now go get us a good one and take care of the second half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator