Scott Stricklin kills it in press conference

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Beginning the search for a new head coach on Nov. 1 is like having an extra week to prepare for an opponent. It's a yuuuuuuge advantage. There's no excuse for us not finding a truly viable candidate.

Starting search on October 30 is even mo betta.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He doesn't have any choice. Frost isn't going to bail on his players while they are in line for an undefeated season and a BCS or whatever they call the non-playoff top bowl games. It's a great thing that he says we are going to wait b/c it means there's a good chance it is Frost.

Urban took an undefeated Utah and crushed Pitt while he was recruiting for us. So yes. He could do it.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Very impressive Scott! This next hire will be well-researched, unlike a Foley hire and have a great chance for success.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Starkville Mediocrity. The fact that the 9 players in any way shape or form haven't been told to GFTO permanently is a big red flag. Piss on the student hearing, they all were selfish and embarrassed UF, NONE of them deserve to be on campus ever again, much less wear the orange and blue uniform.

Strychnine said all the right things, but so did Fooley. The fact Fooley has his ear at all adds to the doubt I have that this hire will be a good one and be just like Fooleys past two, a royal cluster****, and not telling the 9 players to pound sand will have the NCAA lurking.

Just my .02, and god I hope I am 1,000,000% wrong.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Starkville Mediocrity. The fact that the 9 players in any way shape or form haven't been told to GFTO permanently is a big red flag. Piss on the student hearing, they all were selfish and embarrassed UF, NONE of them deserve to be on campus ever again, much less wear the orange and blue uniform.

Strychnine said all the right things, but so did Fooley. The fact Fooley has his ear at all adds to the doubt I have that this hire will be a good one and be just like Fooleys past two, a royal cluster****, and not telling the 9 players to pound sand will have the NCAA lurking.

Soooo, you also don’t like like this guy.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

I have no idea how you can listen to that press conference and feel such pessimism. God bless you!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He is a grad of Starkville and cut his administrative teeth there. He has Foley still in the building.

Seems like a nice guy. Not the issue. The two strikes against him in the sentence above, along with a weak kneed response to student athletes facing felony charges, are not confidence boosters.

Again, I want y'all to bring this post back in a year or two and force feed me the crow laced with cow ****. Trust me, I would love every morsel, but I'm unfortunately not worrying about it.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
He is a grad of Starkville and cut his administrative teeth there. He has Foley still in the building.

Seems like a nice guy. Not the issue. The two strikes against him in the sentence above, along with a weak kneed response to student athletes facing felony charges, are not confidence boosters.

Again, I want y'all to bring this post back in a year or two and force feed me the crow laced with cow ****. Trust me, I would love every morsel, but I'm unfortunately not worrying about it.

I have no issue with him being from Starkville. He handled himself professionally which is exactly what I would expect from a "manager" of a multi-million dollar organization. And as C2 said, he acted when it was necessary.

Regarding the suspended players, he's done exactly what he should; the players were suspended while letting the legal process play out followed by the student disciplinary process. He would be out-of-line to do anything else.

I for one think the process is in good hands.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I have no issue with him being from Starkville. He handled himself professionally which is exactly what I would expect from a "manager" of a multi-million dollar organization. And as C2 said, he acted when it was necessary.

Regarding the suspended players, he's done exactly what he should; the players were suspended while letting the legal process play out followed by the student disciplinary process. He would be out-of-line to do anything else.

I for one think the process is in good hands.

We'll stated sir, even though I don't agree with all of it. Process or not, those players should not be permitted back, you are basically inviting the NCAA to camp on your doorstep if you do.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
By going through agents everyone involved can legitimately say all leaks are purely rumors = whatever an agent "leaks" to his client and visa versa. Stuff gets done through paralell channels. At least I hope we aren't stalled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator