SEC Media Days 2017: July 10-13

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The UAA is a complete joke. They just released the "updated" roster w/ NO updates to sizes/weights:

Florida football releases preseason 2017 roster in annual media guide

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/2017-sec-media-days-florida-roster

SEC Media Days start on Monday, and the back-to-back SEC East champion Florida Gators will have their turn to speak on Tuesday in Hoover, Ala.

But before the four-day event begins, the school released its annual media guide, which contains the team’s official roster for the season.

A few notables on the roster:

• Jake Fruhmorgen, the offensive lineman transfer from Clemson who gave up football three days after officially enrolling at UF, is included in the media guide. He is no longer on the roster posted on the school’s website.
  • Freshman wide receiver James Robinson, who still has not officially enrolled, is on the roster without a head shot to accompany his player bio. He is listed as No. 85.
  • With the exception of senior defensive back Duke Dawson growing an inch (up to 5-foot-11), the heights and weights of every returning player are identical to the online roster from 2016.
  • Freshman Tedarrell Slaton, Florida’s highest-rated signee from its 2017 class, is listed as an offensive lineman, even though he was recruited as a defensive tackle and is likely to get reps on the defensive line during his first year. He will wear No. 56.

Here is a look at Florida’s full roster, ordered by player jersey number, including their position, height, weight and year in school. The roster below does not include Fruhmorgen.

(see link for roster)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The UAA is a complete joke. They just released the "updated" roster w/ NO updates to sizes/weights:
If past history is a guide, and you know I think it is, it is entirely possible that no one actually gained weight or even worked out this summer.

I heard PBJs are the best way to prep for a football season.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If past history is a guide, and you know I think it is, it is entirely possible that no one actually gained weight or even worked out this summer.

Must be working for Antonneous Clayton..he claims he is up to 256 lbs :lol:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Boy Swonky, you use your knife for a lot more than spreading peanut butter.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When asked: Reporter = "Is it telling to consider who you didn't invite to Media Days?"
Mac = "No Nussmier stayed home to relearn the playbook. He gets stuck on page #106. How kewl is that."

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I heard Clayton is way up, but Cece shed weight. I guess Cece is finally a DE exclusively. With Zuniga, they might turn into a great little group together.
agree...I like some of the newer players too, could be some good players, just need to get em put there.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I heard Clayton is way up, but Cece shed weight. I guess Cece is finally a DE exclusively. With Zuniga, they might turn into a great little group together.

Supposedly Clayton was almost 250 in the Spring game. He had definitely gained a lot from how thin he looked before but was still getting pushed around pretty good on some plays when we ran his way. Hopefully he can get up to 260 +

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
GREG SANKEY SEC MEDIA DAY PRESS CONFERENCE NOTEBOOK

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/greg-sankey-sec-media-day-press-conference-notebook/

HOOVER, ALABAMA- SEC commissioner Greg Sankey took to the podium on Monday afternoon to kick of the 2017 edition of SEC Media Days. Sankey like always addressed the state of the SEC, plus went into detail on some changes and recapped the past year.

GatorCountry is live in Hoover and brings you a recap of what Sankey had to say on Monday afternoon in this notebook.

• On December 9th the SEC will turn 85 years old as a conference. The conference was created in 1932 in downtown Knoxville.
  • The SEC won national championships in six different sports and had two playing in the national championship in both women’s basketball and baseball.
  • Sankey says the SEC is seeking permission from the NCAA to expand the use of instant replay in baseball.
  • Going to a 14-week season is something that Sankey isn’t opposed to but says he doesn’t want summer practice to start earlier.
  • Sankey also says that they’re continuing to make adjustments on shortening the breaks between action in football games. Mentions keeping half-time as close to 20 minutes as they can making sure they come out of media breaking quickly.
  • The SEC will continue to focus on player safety and two things being looked like are blocking below the waist and blind-side blocking. Sankey believes the targeting class are doing their job right now.
  • Starting on Monday’s at 7:00 P.M. the SEC will have a new show called “thinking out loud” that will feature Greg McElroy and Marcus Spears in one-hour football discussion show.
  • Starting next spring, the SEC network will host some swimming and diving meets along with the indoor track and field finals on TV.
  • The SEC commissioner now has the authority to say when and where a make-up game will be played.
  • Division realignment is something that has not been a topic of discussion for Sankey and the athletic directors.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
14 week season is a mistake.

It seems 3 or 4 out of every 10 years the calendar has 14 weeks in it, so they'd have to adjust those years that don't have 14 weeks. I'm torn on this one.

I do think they should allow at least one "OTA" type session, where the team gets together w/ the coaching staff for 1 or 2 non-contact sessions vs. starting fall practices early. Either do it in mid-February or in June.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Football is a sport that has a lot of injuries. Going to 14 games favors the teams that can withstand injuries better i.e. the teams with the most depth. At the end of the day it will shift the balance of power more to the haves and away from the have nots. IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator