SEC Media Days 2017: July 10-13

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Football is a sport that has a lot of injuries. Going to 14 games favors the teams that can withstand injuries better i.e. the teams with the most depth. At the end of the day it will shift the balance of power more to the haves and away from the have nots. IMHO

It's not 14 games....it's 14 weeks, so there's 2 bye weeks every season.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Slimebaum and Spears talking today about how UcheaT will win at least 8 games.:lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I heard Clayton is way up, but Cece shed weight. I guess Cece is finally a DE exclusively. With Zuniga, they might turn into a great little group together.
Yes, if we go to the 2-2-7 defense and find a way to play without DTs, I agree. Ive heard that every great defense is built soft right up the middle.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
- Greg Sankey says the SEC is not against expanding the season an extra week earlier, but there are issues.

“There's not opposition here to a 14-week season. There's curiosity and interest,” he said. “There are two important points that were communicated; one, we don't want to see practice begin even earlier in the summer. It moves back this year a few days because of the health and safety changes introduced. …

“As I understand the start dates for practice, not everybody moves back a week (with elimination of two-a-days). There is sensitivity to student athletes who are completing summer school and not adding further interruption to their process. There's also an interest in keeping the number of preparatory practice opportunities. The number is 29 right now, and we'll do the math at the podium for you. Not all of our programs use those 29 opportunities, but all were clear that they wanted that flexibility if the situation dictated that that was appropriate to be used.”

- Florida made LSU its homecoming game this year. Your thoughts, Coach Orgeron?

“Here's what I got to tell you, people going to do what they going to do,” Orgeron said. “And Florida is a great rivalry for us. We respect them. Any time we go into the swamp, it's going to be a battle. We need to prepare.

“I have a lot of respect for Coach McElwain and the job that they do. We are going to be ready to play regardless of what it is. We have an upcoming opponent that week that is very tough, and I'm going to get our team ready to play."

LSU plays five road SEC games this year, after the drama over the hurricane-postponed game last year was moved to Baton Rouge.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Booger must be smoking crack as he thinks we will have the best O line in the SEC this season despite teams like Bama having true freshman last season that were able to shut down top NFL bound defensive linemen.

The whole panel seems to think Zaire will be the QB and not Franks.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Booger must be smoking crack as he thinks we will have the best O line in the SEC this season despite teams like Bama having true freshman last season that were able to shut down top NFL bound defensive lineman.

The whole panel seems to think Zaire will be the QB and not Franks.

He also said McElwain is the 2nd best coach in the SEC...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't feel like I'm watching the 2nd best coach in the SEC... just saying

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some dumbass just asked what McElwain thinks about FL/GA moving to home and home. They literally just signed a 5 year contract extension....so if this was even a realistic question it's - at a minimum - 5 years down the line.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When asked about saying this later... he denied he knew...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some dumbass just asked what McElwain thinks about FL/GA moving to home and home. They literally just signed a 5 year contract extension....so if this was even a realistic question it's - at a minimum - 5 years down the line.

That was the reporter from "Red and Black"... guess which team he supports...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator