SEC Media Days

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This all sounds great. I have my DVR set. That way if Muschamp's vein explodes we can upload it to the site. He'll have to get a grip.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Malzahn said that Auburn has the toughest schedule in the country. LOL! He must have meant Alabamistan!

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
I seem to remember him specifically mentioning Dawson but not Tabor but I might have missed Tabor's name. I wonder if Dawson is in line for that 2nd CB slot as of right now.
Dawson balled in the spring, and he should see some time in the nickel and a lot of special teams, but by the end of the year Tabor will have had the most impact on the team imo.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n13871 said:
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
Asked to ID a breakthru #Gator player this yr UF CB Vernon Hargreaves raved DeMarcus Robinson. "You've heard here first. He is THAT good."
Driskel had some good things to say about Drob when asked about under the radar guys on offense as well. He is by far our most talented WR, but he needs some polish. McGee and Dunbar will probably be the workhorses as pass catchers. I am anxious to see Chris Thompson this year too. He had a very good spring as a deep threat. The coaches have also been very impressed with C.J. Worton's speed and quickness, although I don't expect him to contribute on offense much right off the bat.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Another quote "I'm looking forward to getting to know all the QBs in the SEC this year. I want you all to know that."
Dante Fowler

That's gets me excited!

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n13900 said:
Another quote "I'm looking forward to getting to know all the QBs in the SEC this year. I want you all to know that."
Dante Fowler

That's gets me excited!
That quote is Easley-esque. Which is a very good thing. Please stay away from any tweaks of the knee.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
GIGator;n13858 said:
What do you think that philosophy is?

see above^^
He is way too hung on TOP. Driskel even mentioned how they weren't so worried about that this year. The Miami game is cherry picking.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB said:
Captain Sasquatch;n13825 said:
Honestly, I have no idea. Part of it could be it's hard to get sexy recruits running that type of offense, part of it could be not as many coaches know how to teach the triple option anymore, and part of it could be you can't win it all these days without at least having a serviceable passing game. Because at some point, you're going to have to come from behind, and it's not a great come from behind offense.

All I know is, if Georgia Tech ever figures out how to throw the ball, they'll win the ACC every year.

This is the reason why most schools don't run it. I work for a Division 2 school that runs this type of offense. Before they implemented it 5-6 years ago they were not known for having a winning program, but now they have had several consecutive winning seasons. While that offense has given schools fits, they also haven't had many come from behind victories either. It's a very good offense if you simply want to be relevant. Maybe UT should run it?
:lmao: @ Maybe UT should run it

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
I seem to remember him specifically mentioning Dawson but not Tabor but I might have missed Tabor's name. I wonder if Dawson is in line for that 2nd CB slot as of right now.
If you read the article posted today about Tabor getting busted for weed back on May 27th, you might understand why Dawson is leading for the starting spot.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB said:
Captain Sasquatch;n13825 said:
Honestly, I have no idea. Part of it could be it's hard to get sexy recruits running that type of offense, part of it could be not as many coaches know how to teach the triple option anymore, and part of it could be you can't win it all these days without at least having a serviceable passing game. Because at some point, you're going to have to come from behind, and it's not a great come from behind offense.

All I know is, if Georgia Tech ever figures out how to throw the ball, they'll win the ACC every year.

This is the reason why most schools don't run it. I work for a Division 2 school that runs this type of offense. Before they implemented it 5-6 years ago they were not known for having a winning program, but now they have had several consecutive winning seasons. While that offense has given schools fits, they also haven't had many come from behind victories either. It's a very good offense if you simply want to be relevant. Maybe UT should run it?
to complicated for utooth's "ahem" student athletes to understand.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
A bunch of writers actually were saying Dawson was tied or ahead of Tabor in their est.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
Jackson is the only player going into camp not cleared for contact who will be playing next year. He should cleared very soon.
he's coming in hurt?

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
Jackson is the only player going into camp not cleared for contact who will be playing next year. He should cleared very soon.
He was hurt in spring in his hometown. He should be available soon I gathered.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;13979 said:

I can't believe that someone asked:

Q. I wanted your thoughts now with Missouri, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida being so competitive in the SEC East, what gets you excited about this coming season competing for the SEC West and a trip to Atlanta?

That guy should have his media credentials for this meeting automatically revoked.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
More like banned from all things SEC related including stadiums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator