Serious question: Who still thinks Mac has us headed in the right direction?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Stand and be heard. Please, tell us why.

This is not a bash thread or to label you a pumper. I'm asking because the mob is out with our pitchforks and torches. Are we wrong? If so, why?

Mods if you would be so kind as to keep the mob at bay for a thread...I'd like to hear some rational reasons why Mac is still the guy to lead us to championships.

Thanks.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Seriously!

Kirby Smart has Georgia headed in the right direction.

Mark Richt has Miami headed in the right direction.

Since Grier left this program Butters is barely above .600 and it's not going to get any better. He's about to lose 3 out of his next 4. That's heading in the wrong direction.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I will have to speak on behalf of Stricklin, as he is too busy counting those SEC East titles under Mac to respond at the moment.

Stricklin obviously believes he is doing an outstanding job, along with his brilliant assistants, as noted by the recent extensions, pay raise and bonuses. He looks at Mullen, then Mac, then Mullen, then Mac, then screams, "eureka, back to back division titles in his first 2 years, he can probably walk on water if he wasn't so humble" . He asked his kids to name the next grandchild - Anyet.

And therein lies our biggest problem, an AD that was used to mediocrity. The fans realize Mac is not the answer, TV analysts and sports writers are finally voicing it. I think the idea of running off Stricklin if he doesn't pull the trigger soon, needs to be put out there just as much as getting rid of Mac. Let him know his gravy train at a top destination is in jeopardy too.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
In say getting better facilities I would still say yes. In coaching and leading our team I never thought he was that good, just the best we could obtain. Now I am beginning to think we can and should do much better.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

This is not a bash thread or to label you a pumper. I'm asking because the mob is out with our pitchforks and torches. Are we wrong? If so, why?

Mods if you would be so kind as to keep the mob at bay for a thread...I'd like to hear some rational reasons why Mac is still the guy to lead us to championships.

Thanks.

What I wonder is does anyone think McElwain has UF headed in any direction?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is like inviting a criminal on the FBI's Top 10 Wanted List to come down to the police station just to "tell his side of the story", then he can be released.

You aren't going to get any honest responses....possibly because there truly aren't any pumpers left. If there are, they probably aren't going to drawing a lot of attention to themselves right now. 2222 disappeared for a reason.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we've made Mac a very wealthy man for pushing to get some facility upgrades, but now it's time to hire a coach that can build a roster full of players that don't think losing is ok and can coach them up to be champions. Thanks for the facility upgrades Mac, but it's time to get the healing started.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
The article that Ergator posted is all you need to know about the direction of the program and where this will end. The whole staff is on borrowed time. No chance they make it past next year

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016

Thanks.

I've never been one to run with the mob, especially one carrying pitchforks and tiki torches. So here goes.

First of all the mob is neither right nor wrong...yet. Any predictions of how the rest of the season will play out are just that... predictions. Not facts yet. Here's a fact: Florida still controls it's own destiny in the SEC East and will until it loses another SEC game and Georgia keeps winning.

There are some who feel TAMU will roll Gators this Saturday and that may very well happen. If in fact an Aggies win is a foregone conclusion, why even play the game? Cuz stuff happens like stuff happened last year at Tiger Stadium in Red Stick. A Gators win sets up an epic Outdoor Cocktail Party in Jax.

I am as upset as anyone with playcalling and erratic use of available playmakers. I don't know if it will improve without a coaching/coordinator change and have no evidence to suggest otherwise. But if the team plays with the intensity and commitment they did last year with their backs against the wall, good things can happen.

I don't care if Mac has yellow teeth. I don't care how many times he says "and yet" or "you know" or "that's kinda cool". I don't care if the chat room sounds like a dumper echo chamber. Gators are capable of beating A&M and I'll be watching to see if they do.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Year 1 with Grier gave me hope.

Year 2 had me questioning Mac, but thinking maybe we just need the right QB and OC to fix things.

Year 3 has me completely baffled.

If Mac fires nuss, I’m willing to see how it plays out, but not really confident. At all.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
I think we suck and its nearly impossible for me to say that we are headed in the right direction, but we have been snake bitten in recent years. Will Grier's NCAA suspension isn't the staff's fault as far as I can tell. Who knows where the truth lies as far as his transfer. With him at the helm, we'd have an experienced and capable QB at the helm. We'd also look a lot different without the crazy suspensions due to the fraud case. With Calloway and Cleveland on the field at the same time, Franks would have to try even harder not to find the open receiver which would make teams respect our down field passing game, which would open up the running game, etc, etc, etc. Maybe Mac and staff would still find a way to make us look like crap and not score any points, but I doubt we'd look as hapless. Ultimately, the coaches have to answer for the product they put on the field and the actions of their players, but they really haven't had much luck off the field. They've had more than their share on the field as our record the last few years probably should be a lot worse than it is. Having said all that, I still don't think that Mac is the right guy to get the job done. Bad luck or not, we are producing an ugly, ugly brand of football thats hard to watch and isn't going to attract too many top recruits.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My opinion is worthless, lets let the numbers speak
2015 Florida 10–4 (SEC) 7–1
2016 Florida 9–4 (SEC) 6–2
2017 Florida 3–2 (SEC) 3–1

lose to GA and AM and thats 3 SEC loses which would also give us a total of at least 4 loses.

You have to ask yourself 2 questions
Do those numbers go up or down? and Which direction do you want to go?

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015

Pretty kewl, huh?

So, coach Mac has a win % of 86.7%, while spurrier was 93.2%, sustained over a much longer time.

So the Gators OFFICIAL endorsement of Mac is, "he's kinda close to Spurrier"

I'm so tired of Gators laziness from administration to bottom, except for the players who are "playing their tails off".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator