Serious question: Who still thinks Mac has us headed in the right direction?

Sep 29, 2015
I'll play. Yes, because the freshmen now cutting their teeth will be exceptional next year and beyond (Toney, Davis, the corners, Campbell, Slaton, Conliffe) and because it appears that the 2018 and 2019 classes are shaping up to look like the traditionally loaded classes we became accustomed to that lead to national championship contention (assuming we get a quality LBer and some Olinemen). Corral, Chase, Pierce, Copeland look better than any recruits we have had committed on offense since the Urban years. Do I have doubts that Mac can do anything with them? You betcha. But he has won with elite talent before. These classes look like they have elite talent finally.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'll play. Yes, because the freshmen now cutting their teeth will be exceptional next year and beyond (Toney, Davis, the corners, Campbell, Slaton, Conliffe) and because it appears that the 2018 and 2019 classes are shaping up to look like the traditionally loaded classes we became accustomed to that lead to national championship contention (assuming we get a quality LBer and some Olinemen). Corral, Chase, Pierce, Copeland look better than any recruits we have had committed on offense since the Urban years. Do I have doubts that Mac can do anything with them? You betcha. But he has won with elite talent before. These classes look like they have elite talent finally.

I appreciate your view but based on the .....*ahem*....."quality" of play so far during Mac's career here and the rumblings starting to be heard from some past, current and possible future players, do you think we will actually hold on to this recruiting class? If Corral goes the dam breaks and it will not be pretty.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
I was on board with the coaching staff but I've honestly lost my hope. I feel like an idiot for reading and absorbing every piece of UF football I could get my hands on all off season. I should have realized after the suspensions that I as a fan shouldn't care more than the players on the team.

1 Offense still sucks
2 Zero creativity in play calling. We're in trouble when the wildcat is the most most creativity they can muster.
3. Tackling has gotten worse
4. No ability to play with urgency
5. Why do we only throw the ball to the line of scrimmage or try a 50+ yard bomb? Where are the intermediate routes?
6. We all knew Franks was a project but.....that's all I want to say on that.
7 Why does Goolsby Still struggle to pick up a block?
8. N Washington is a tenth year senior and still makes bone headed mistakes.

Ultimately I think the problem is that Mac wants to be a father figure but struggles with disciplining his players. As a fathers of two sons I realize it's my obligation to correct them when they are wrong in order to raise productive men in society. I believe I would be causing them a disservice if I always tried to be their friend and not their parent.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta love the counting their chickens before they hatch crowd... verbal commitments from 17yo... :lmao2: and then they meet Mac and Co, the dysfunctional wannabes. If the staff is revamped, I'll lean maybe... if not, your purported talent is going to be busts.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My opinion is worthless, lets let the numbers speak
2015 Florida 10–4 (SEC) 7–2
2016 Florida 9–4 (SEC) 6–3
2017 Florida 3–2 (SEC) 3–1
Sorry, but those numbers are lies. Fixed it for you!

Why are you lying? Are you not aware that Alabama is an SEC team? Not sure why you guys keep making (blowout) losses disappear. If you were really proud, you wouldn't be trying to add asterisks. You did it with Chimp, too.

Last edited:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Found the compass Mac uses to determine the direction of the football program

tumblr_ng9lafDsib1t03xlto1_500.gif

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This thread was just asking for the excuse makers to come in and talk about player suspensions and talk about player injuries and talk about things out of the coaches control, etc etc. etc and on and on and on and on.

I seriously can't take it anymore b/c anyone who is still in the camp of he needs more time and it takes time, and he has to get his players, was left a mess and install his system, etc.. etc. is clearly missing the point as to why 99% of us that think Butters sux for these reasons.

We have all kinds of talent deficiencies, yes, but only Callaway and Davis might have made a difference of the suspended players. We have replaced a mediocre Scarlett just fine. None of the other 7 would have sniffed the field. We have had 7 or so weeks of practice and games without all of them and we have made exactly ZERO improvement.Even if you care that Butters is the 3 star king, the BS he puts on the field has nothing to do with stars. The LSU RB who was wide open the other day without a Gator player within 50 yards of him, would have scored had not the pass been overthrown by 10 yards has nothing to do with stars. It has to do with assignments. All the defenders who come thru our line UNBLOCKED every week has nothing to do with stars. Running imprecise routes has NOTHING to do with stars. Whiffing on a chip block has nothing to do with stars. Mis-Managing the clock and game situations every single week has NOTHING to do with stars.

Defensive players are told where to stand and who to watch or key on. Sure a 5 star CB is with the WR and a 3 star is beaten by 2 steps, but they are both there. But when guys are running totally free, that is coaching. Whiffing on Blocks, Coaching. Game mismanagement, Coaching. Unable to teach your QB to throw the ball into the stands before stepping out of bounds for a loss, coaching. Send 12 guys out on the field out of a timeout on 4th down to defend a FG, coaching. No stars, no missing players, no nothing will ever change that. Our own 2 eyes have shown us what we get. 30 + games is a good enough sample size. Why should the fans who care and are knowledgeable not speak up?

As someone said earlier, the AD is not truly in charge when it comes to firing a head football coach with so much money still left on the deal, but if enough of the money guys have the balls to walk into the AD's office and say do it, trust me it will get done. But more time is not needed. if you think time is the answer then you clearly fit the definition of INSANITY!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I appreciate the response and the civility.

We are all still Gators at the end of the day.

Does anyone think that because SOS is one of our own...he just can't do anything wrong?

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stand and be heard. Please, tell us why.

This is not a bash thread or to label you a pumper. I'm asking because the mob is out with our pitchforks and torches. Are we wrong? If so, why?

Mods if you would be so kind as to keep the mob at bay for a thread...I'd like to hear some rational reasons why Mac is still the guy to lead us to championships.

Thanks.

If he is headed to Corvalis, OR, then he is definitely headed in the right direction.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
AFTER 32 GAMES AS FLORIDA HEAD COACH

Overall record

UM - 26-6

WM - 22-10

JM - 22-10

SEC Record

UM - 15-6

WM - 16-6

JM - 15-6

Home Record

UM - 16-1

WM - 15-2

JM - 13-2

Record against ranked teams

UM - 10-3

WM - 4-7

JM - 4-8

Record against rivals (UGA, FSU, UT, scUM)

UM - 8-1

WM - 5-4

JM - 4-4

Game weeks ranked in AP top 10

UM - 25 of 32

WM - 10 of 32

JM - 4 of 32

Number of times scored over 35 pts

UM - 12

WM - 8

JM - 5

Number of times held under 21 pts

UM - 7

WM - 11

JM - 14

Average points per game

UM - 31.2

WM - 25.8

JM - 23.5

https://sports.yahoo.com/mark-mcelwain-shown-more-muschamp-035837096.html

Answer....

HELL ****ING NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but those numbers are lies. Fixed it for you!

Why are you lying? Are you not aware that Alabama is an SEC team? Not sure why you guys keep making (blowout) losses disappear. If you were really proud, you wouldn't be trying to add asterisks. You did it with Chimp, too.
Thanks for fixing it. I just pulled those numbers from Wikipedia.

The point is Mac is trending downward, that's what the numbers show. We're on the same team here. I would literally pack Mac's uhaul myself, this weekend

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for fixing it. I just pulled those numbers from Wikipedia.

The point is Mac is trending downward, that's what the numbers show. We're on the same team here. I would literally pack Mac's uhaul myself, this weekend
Sorry, I thought you were in on it. Didn't know you were duped.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
From a football standpoint, no, not without at least trying some changes. Even if he does, I'm not convinced.. Show me, stop friggin talking about it.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014

Overall record

UM - 26-6

WM - 22-10

JM - 22-10

SEC Record

UM - 15-6

WM - 16-6

JM - 15-6

Home Record

UM - 16-1

WM - 15-2

JM - 13-2

UM - 10-3

WM - 4-7

JM - 4-8

UM - 8-1

WM - 5-4

JM - 4-4

UM - 25 of 32

WM - 10 of 32

JM - 4 of 32

UM - 12

WM - 8

JM - 5

UM - 7

WM - 11

JM - 14

Average points per game

UM - 31.2

WM - 25.8

JM - 23.5

Answer....

"We're close, but we have a long way to go." - Ron Zook

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015

Overall record

UM - 26-6

WM - 22-10

JM - 22-10

SEC Record

UM - 15-6

WM - 16-6

JM - 15-6

Home Record

UM - 16-1

WM - 15-2

JM - 13-2

UM - 10-3

WM - 4-7

JM - 4-8

UM - 8-1

WM - 5-4

JM - 4-4

UM - 25 of 32

WM - 10 of 32

JM - 4 of 32

UM - 12

WM - 8

JM - 5

UM - 7

WM - 11

JM - 14

Average points per game

UM - 31.2

WM - 25.8

JM - 23.5

Answer....

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvM296OHhWanhUUE5FenlLUktVL3NvdXJjZS5naWYlog.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator