Serious question: Who still thinks Mac has us headed in the right direction?

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Well lets see.
  1. Season isnt over. So the results of season 3 are not completely in. As someone mentioned, the games need to be played.
  2. Wins and losses. I agree the wins havent been pretty and losses have been ugly, but a win is a win and better than the alternative
  3. SEC East championships, yes, the East is a crap storm, but someone has to win it, and he figured out a way to do that unlike our rivals. Still has to count for something
  4. 10+ missing scholarship players taken away literally days before the start of the season. Some critical players. One has to admit this has some negative impact on overall team and should be taken into consideration when making an overall evaluation of the season
  5. Infrastructure support, which he appears to have been successful in changing the culture in the AD that football needs significant investments around support staff, facilities, etc.
  6. Youth, the team is close to the youngest team playing right now. This is magnified by the fact that all three offensive positions are counting on freshman for production (Franks, Davis, Toney)
  7. Recruiting, top 10 class and looking like a top 5 class this year
I guess I am neutral and reserving until we at least get to FSU. In the same manner that we shouldn't jump on a win and scream "we are headed in the right direction" we shouldn't do the opposite with every loss. The rational thing is to wait for the season to be done, assess the situation and take action. Am I concerned, absolutely. What I think one has to ask themselves is if they believe the certainty of the trajectory of this current staff is greater than the uncertainty of making a change. And right now there is a lot of uncertainty of making a staff change.

Fire away

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need positive people.

The problem in my mind is that if for some reason tomorrow, Butters and staff woke up and became the best recruiters on the planet, and suddenly started landing classes like Bammer and OSU, he wouldn't know what to do with talent.

He is an ultraconservative playcaller to his core. He is the guy who lost 6-9 to LSU while being even more conservative than Less Miles. At his core, it is who he is. Regardless of all the "I can win with my dog at QB" and "I don't feel pressure, I apply pressure" BS he is actually EVEN MORE SCARED OF OFFENSE than Chimp.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We need positive people.

The problem in my mind is that if for some reason tomorrow, Butters and staff woke up and became the best recruiters on the planet, and suddenly started landing classes like Bammer and OSU, he wouldn't know what to do with talent.

He is an ultraconservative playcaller to his core. He is the guy who lost 6-9 to LSU while being even more conservative than Less Miles. At his core, it is who he is. Regardless of all the "I can win with my dog at QB" and "I don't feel pressure, I apply pressure" BS he is actually EVEN MORE SCARED OF OFFENSE than Chimp.

This. All of the positives are basically negated by this.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We aren't heading in the right direction. The staff will have every opportunity to change that over the next six weeks, but I don't see anything changing with this bunch . We'll likely split the next six ball games and end up 6-5 (7-5 if you want to count Northern Colorado). Which is a terrible year for our standards.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
16-Office-Space-quotes.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics