Shane Matthews: AR can’t throw the ball

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Same. We were there 89-93 and bias for being present aside, those teams, especially the defenses, are still hands down my favorites.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Shane nailed it with AR regardless of what you think of Shane. Dude can’t hit the ocean from a boat with his passing. How do you game plan around someone whi can’t do the basics of the qb position ?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Shane nailed it with AR regardless of what you think of Shane. Dude can’t hit the ocean from a boat with his passing. How do you game plan around someone whi can’t do the basics of the qb position ?

You don’t. Especially when said QB is wanting to prove he’s not mainly a running threat. You simplify things to the best of your ability and hang on, or wait until the other team is up 20+ and playing prevent.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Shane doesn't always give the easy answer.....he calls out lack of talent because he has spent decades around the game.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Actually, he said he wondered if that is now a factor in the decision making for all coaches. He doesn't know the answer.
True...he did not know for sure.
I think that's whacked.
JC was obnoxious.

I do think AR is a Franks not a Trask. Looks great on paper not on turf.

But this is the team Napier was delt. Interesting that the best players are Napier's.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You weren't supposed to see that post :ugh:

:lol:

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Which of our starters do you think could break the 2 deep at Georgia, Kentucky, Tenn, or LSU in their particular scheme, since coaching scheme is the the reason we lost those games. I’d truly like to hear your take.

TheMarylandGator

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2022
Helpful. Hadn't noticed through eight games. Glad Shane help me to crystalize my thoughts here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator