Should jhbyrd be banned from the Chatter?

Should jhbyrd be permanently sent back to Swamp Ass?

• Yes

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • No

Votes: 64 75.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Foley blew it on Zook, Muschamp and Mac. Munchkin was the one who brought over Meyer. So basically, Foley was "0" for football.
It is in Foley's job description to hire the head coach. To be consistent he gets credit for the good and the bad.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
It is in Foley's job description to hire the head coach. To be consistent he gets credit for the good and the bad.
no.........read the PF............our heroes get credit for the good and we overlook the bad..............Foley did notthing but ruin UF and the UF brand and all references to him at UF should be put where the ones for Mad Max went. We need a ring of dishonor for him. A statue made of manure. Another fckn thread for weeks about his failing.............

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You can give him "credit" all you like, but his boss is the one who strongly "suggested" Meyer and he was the one soley responsible for the other three. Muschamp I can kind of understand. But Foley actually sat down across from both Zook and McElwain for hours and hours interviewing them and actually came to the conclusion that, "Yep. These are the best candidates in the country to lead Florida football to a national championship." Gimme a f'n break. :rolleyes3:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You can give him "credit" all you like, but his boss is the one who strongly "suggested" Meyer and he was the one soley responsible for the other three. Muschamp I can kind of understand. But Foley actually sat down across from both Zook and McElwain for hours and hours interviewing them and actually came to the conclusion that, "Yep. These are the best candidates in the country to lead Florida football to a national championship." Gimme a f'n break. :rolleyes3:
If you do it that way then the President is ultimately responsible for hiring Mac. Meyer was a no brainer as the best available to hire and they both wanted Meyer. Foley interviewed them all. Foley had to compete against Notre Dame to get him. All the 5 star recruits that Zook signed sweetened the pot at UF for Meyer.

I understand it is a grey area as both are responsible for hiring the head coach. You are trying to make it black or white which means the President is ultimately responsible for hiring Mac. I blame Foley for hiring Mac and he was very involved in hiring Meyer. Technically the President could have blocked Foley on Mac.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you do it that way then the President is ultimately responsible for hiring Mac. Meyer was a no brainer as the best available to hire. Foley had to compete against Notre Dame to get him. All the 5 star recruits that Zook recruited sweetened the pot at UF.
For the 1,239th time, ultimately and practically are two different things. For all practical intents, Machen was the one who hired Meyer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But Foley actually sat down across from both Zook and McElwain for hours and hours interviewing them
You know him, right? I mean youve talked to him at least? Dude isnt very bright. He could be in the room with 3 janitors and there's no chance he's the smartest in the room the room.

I guess some people think he's a nice guy. I never saw it.

Just arrogant and extremely stupid.

Diplomatic yes. But some of that was just laziness. SOS deserved an AD who would back him up.

Even better, Fooley actually was leaning toward Mark Hudspeth at La La--you know because he had to have been a great coach to almost beat chimp with a directional school--but went with the "sure thing" in Butterteeth, despute the cost.

What an eye for talent that dude had.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
LOL @ BMF disliking comments by people who voted 'no' to banning jhbyrd.

You’re my favorite poster, but missed the point. Plank was not banned because of his views, and had byrd been fired it would not have been because of his opinions either.

Years ago, Alvin wasn’t banned because he was a Vol. He was banned because he was a pot-stirring obnoxious punk who blew up every thread he participated in and actively tried to disrupt the board. There’s a difference.

I appreciate that, I just occasionally have to remind people that there is no freedom of speech on message boards and never has been. Swamp Gas obviously feels that people who criticize the program should be flushed from their board, and that's their prerogative.

If I had banned everyone I disagreed with on here over the years, there would be no Gatorchatter left.

Ox, you are one of the biggest pot stirrers here or on the GSMB back then. Granted, now it is YOUR site and you have say on who is doing it to be disruptive and who should be allowed to do so in the sake of off season chatter. But the hypocrisy of banning someone who makes statements solely to stir sht up is undeniable. I accept that the difference is you ALSO make posts that contribute constructively (somewhere...sometime, I guess? :grin: ) and others may offer NO value beyond stirring traffic. But even with the increased off season traffic I'd have expected you to allow it...at least until football kicks off then we could ban the annoyances.

FTR, I'm not bent about it like I used to get. Hell, I don't pay attention to byrd nor can I recall seeing any posts by plank. I just know you've put up with a lot of people most wouldn't have tolerated so much...so I'm a bit thrown by you actually banning someone. Must have been exemplary egregious to have struck such a nerve. :dunno: Whatever. Your board, your rules.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Foley interviewed them all. Foley had to compete against Notre Dame to get him. All the 5 star recruits that Zook signed sweetened the pot at UF for Meyer.
BillyD had a hand in it also. But Foley is our designated enemy from now on. Get with the program. or buy one the first game. W

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
BillyD had a hand in it also. But Foley is our designated enemy from now on. Get with the program. or buy one the first game. W
Very accurate and Foley hired Donovan. The big tech companies are pushing that right now where their official black and white opinion is the only one that counts regardless if it is accurate or not. I am just pointing out that this is a grey area and not black and white.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I am just pointing out that this is a grey area and not black and white.
The narrative in here is set in stone (black and white) Jeremy was poison to our athletic program (football) Forget he was here for our only SEC titles and National titles in the major sports..........he had nothing to do with it.........all the other sports mean nothing btw.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
The narrative in here is set in stone (black and white) Jeremy was poison to our athletic program (football) Forget he was here for our only SEC titles and National titles in the major sports..........he had nothing to do with it.........all the other sports mean nothing btw.
Funny. As a rookie here I try to play by the rules but I try to be accurate. I to make mistakes that I will take responsibility for. Who's opinion is the only one that counts here? Maybe we should put out a black and white opinion list.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Its a quorum of dozens.........:pumper: is harshly discouraged or ridiculed. Funny thing in here is probably over 80% of those that follow this forum or read DO not post. But im betting more of them are :pumper: than not. Just dont wanta incur the wrath and sh#t that come with being positive about our "damaged" program. It is mostly fun crckljerkn in the summer while waiting for the new guy to show us what he's got. We have some seriously damaged posters after a decade of futility. I wonder how they would have survived all those years of REAL futility. But then again that is because people like me and other old gators accepted mediocrity and did not CARE as much....................:rimshot:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
LOL @ BMF disliking comments by people who voted 'no' to banning jhbyrd.

Posters like BMF who threaten you for pointing out the grey areas are why I do not disclose my identity here (as most people do not). I would love to put up $100,000 and bet 78 that I am not the professor narrative he made up. I love a sure thing. But I want BMF not to kill me for my not toeing the official line more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.