Should jhbyrd be banned from the Chatter?

Should jhbyrd be permanently sent back to Swamp Ass?

• Yes

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • No

Votes: 64 75.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Your poll was a pleasant surprise. The vocal negative posters generally post the most here. Appears you have posters here who want the positive and the negative on UF.

Wow. You’re delusional. As others noted, we voted no on principal of not banning posters, notwithstanding their developmental challenges. Many no voters have already posted elsewhere that you’re a buffoon.

Mac blew it year three and needed to go.

This continues to be your most ridiculous stance that there wasn’t a “strike one” until Michigan 2017 or that MAC blew it “in year three”. This shows you just don’t know what you’re talking about and can’t truly objectively allow yourself to see what is happening with the program. That’s ok and I’ve voted no in this poll. But, that is also what is so obvious to the rest of us and why you’re labeled the biggest pumper. It’s blindness to reality. You didn’t realize you were slobbering on mac’s junk by defending his garbage performance until it blew up all over your face.

So you missed the point too then?

NO ONE was banned because of their views. People get banned because of their behavior.

I don’t think they missed the point, but we’re focused on the Byrd, not Plank who proved himself bam worthy by actively bragging that he was harming the board and trying to do so deliberately.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
BillyD had a hand in it also. But Foley is our designated enemy from now on. Get with the program. or buy one the first game. W
Not the enemy of the program, but there is no straw man or hyperbole you can come up with that will obfuscate the fact that he made what turned out to be 3 atrocious and questionable hires in the sport that matters most. The sport that is really the driver of all other sports. Thesport that defines the school's athletic standing and is responsible for 70% of it's athletic revenues. His hires and approach to facilities set back that sports program at least 10 years.

He did a lot of good things in a lot of areas but he also failed pretty spectacularly in some pretty big ones.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
He was too busy at the end doing speaking engagements telling his story

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I still kind of miss throwing Cane Thing under the bus and pissing on Alvie... :lol3:

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
So you missed the point too then?

NO ONE was banned because of their views. People get banned because of their behavior. I really have no problem with pumpers or homers.

And besides, this isn't the government. No one has any "rights" here. It's not a democracy or a republic. Hell, have any of you guys even read the rules?

10. The moderation staff reserves the following rights:
- To delete any post even if it does not violate any stated rules
- To ban or suspend a member even if their post does not violate any stated rules
- To lock any thread even if it does not violate any stated rules
- To amend or modify these rules whenever necessary

It's a full blown dictatorship, just like Swamp Gas and every other message board that has ever existed.

I didn't miss the point at all. I just stated/agreed with an opinion. I don't agree with byrd on a lot of points, but I'm ok with him arguing his position. I'm also aware of the dictatorship! My opinion is that posters needn't be banned, but that is my opinion only.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But the hypocrisy of banning someone who makes statements solely to stir sht up is undeniable.
You're missing a big part of this. Plank is a member of Swamp Ass, he only brought byrd over here to try and annoy us. Stirring up crap over here and then bragging about it on his preferred board is not something I'm going to put up with. If you think Swamp Ass is superior, then by all means post over there full time. I helped him do it and have no regrets.
But I want BMF not to kill me for my not toeing the official line more.
There IS no official line - we have dumpers and pumpers, and I could easily make a list of 20 people or more on BOTH SIDES of that right off the top of my head. You are simply the worst of the worst, someone that can't have an honest debate because you feel that anyone who has ever worn the O&B is beyond reproach. You claim your opinions as "facts" and act superior to everyone you come into contact with. That's why people can't stand you. It's been stated before, but if this was a real sports bar someone would have given you a knuckle sandwich within 10 minutes. You have no idea how to communicate your opinions without annoying and offending people with your superiority.

It's SWAMP GAS that has an official line you have to toe, and you damn well know it.

PM me if you'd like some advice on how to improve your position here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fortunately the summer rankings don't count. The only ones that count are on signing day.

I will be able to tell you on August 1st whether this class will be sh*tty or not unless something crazy happens this year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're missing a big part of this. Plank is a member of Swamp Ass, he only brought byrd over here to try and annoy us. Stirring up crap over here and then bragging about it on his preferred board is not something I'm going to put up with. If you think Swamp Ass is superior, then by all means post over there full time. I helped him do it and have no regrets.

There IS no official line - we have dumpers and pumpers, and I could easily make a list of 20 people or more on BOTH SIDES of that right off the top of my head. You are simply the worst of the worst, someone that can't have an honest debate because you feel that anyone who has ever worn the O&B is beyond reproach. You claim your opinions as "facts" and act superior to everyone you come into contact with. That's why people can't stand you. It's been stated before, but if this was a real sports bar someone would have given you a knuckle sandwich within 10 minutes. You have no idea how to communicate your opinions without annoying and offending people with your superiority.

It's SWAMP GAS that has an official line you have to toe, and you damn well know it.

PM me if you'd like some advice on how to improve your position here.

:popcorn:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You can give him "credit" all you like, but his boss is the one who strongly "suggested" Meyer and he was the one soley responsible for the other three. Muschamp I can kind of understand. But Foley actually sat down across from both Zook and McElwain for hours and hours interviewing them and actually came to the conclusion that, "Yep. These are the best candidates in the country to lead Florida football to a national championship." Gimme a f'n break. :rolleyes3:

Agree, it's not really that hard to tell if you made a great hire. Going back from SOS to present, there were only 2 hires that we felt confident were absolute home runs. And sure enough, both produced the fantastic results you expected. We'll call these the "A" hires.

Then there were the rest of the (Foley) hires that at best you felt indifferent about, to downright perplexed and pissed off about. And sure enough they all ended badly and the program hitting serous lows ending in the coach getting fired. These were the "B" hires.

Now ask yourself how you felt when Mullen was announced and if this felt more like an A hire or B hire?

There's a reason why ask the audience is almost always right on "Who Want's to Be a Millionaire." Ironically asking WWTBAM is apparently Foley's main criteria for hiring coaches.

I doubt this is going to end well, but maybe Mullen will be the exception.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't someone say it was T-Rex who referred Jason here? Now I'm reading it was Plank.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I don't have an issue with the Professor, I just employ selective reading and skip right over it when it gets too much.

Plank on the other hand was acting like a kid in middle school; acting like he wants to hang out with one kid but then runs back and talks shyt about the kid to his buddies. I mean, and I say this with utmost sincerity, W...T...F?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator