Should Negative Nelly's be banned?

Should chronic complainers of the program be banned?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
if i had a gripe, it would be the ruining of every thread with negativity.
:burn:

Okay, we finally have someone step to the plate here. How exactly is a thread "ruined" by negativity? So one asshat says something negative, so what? You don't have to respond, you know.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
I cant wait for 2017 to roll around and Law finds out Trask is the starter...

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No.
Takes a village. :whistle:
There's a few NNs that aren't always negative, all of them are obviously intelligent (being a Gator fan, ya know), most have good points and I enjoy reading what they have to say, especially if it's breaking something down and not just complaining. Some have their specific subjects they like to harp about - Law has Trask, BMF and others have recruiting, then there's this one guy who doesn't have a single positive atom in his body and complains about everything. Wait for it, he'll be here shortly to share his special brand of black sunshine with us and antagonize us pumpers, provoked or not (note: he is obviously provoked in this instance :lol:).
tumblr_lohqdbjOs61qbqrtb.gif

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Okay, we finally have someone step to the plate here. How exactly is a thread "ruined" by negativity? So one asshat says something negative, so what? You don't have to respond, you know.

it's not the lone negative comment, it's the 35 - 40 negative comments and all the other that goes along with it. it's also the exact same negative comments in every thread. it's not like the negativity changes, it just changes threads.

i don't respond to it, but i usually stop reading once it goes south, which quite frankly is very often.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Gotta agree. I've become a Trask nutswinger just so I could see Law take it in the shorts.

Can we just have a sticky Trask thread. That way it will always be here.

And no, don't ban the negative nellies.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I admire your passion. I'd actually like to see that thread die, too. If it wasn't the offseason, it would have been locked long ago.

It's a classic. You can't kill it. Ever.

But you can eventually move it to the lounge.

Which is almost the same thing.

Alex.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No.
Takes a village. :whistle:
There's a few NNs that aren't always negative, all of them are obviously intelligent (being a Gator fan, ya know), most have good points and I enjoy reading what they have to say, especially if it's breaking something down and not just complaining. Some have their specific subjects they like to harp about - Law has Trask, BMF and others have recruiting, then there's this one guy who doesn't have a single positive atom in his body and complains about everything. Wait for it, he'll be here shortly to share his special brand of black sunshine with us and antagonize us pumpers, provoked or not (note: he is obviously provoked in this instance :lol:).
tumblr_lohqdbjOs61qbqrtb.gif

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, as a pumper I respect everyone's opinion equally, even if they are rather negative on most topics, we definitely don't want to become swamp gas

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
it's not the lone negative comment, it's the 35 - 40 negative comments and all the other that goes along with it. it's also the exact same negative comments in every thread. it's not like the negativity changes, it just changes threads.

i don't respond to it, but i usually stop reading once it goes south, which quite frankly is very often.
Put him on your ignore list.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
How exactly is a thread "ruined" by negativity? So one asshat says something negative, so what? You don't have to respond, you know.

Any discussion without an opposing view is worthless, IMO. Where you have a problem is if a person drops an opinion, repeatedly, as if that were all they had to contribute. Some would define a troll as a person who jumps on one nerve over and over regardless of a sane counter argument, or perhaps in an effort to get those responses. We have some members who do harp on their singular view to no end, and it does lessen the quality of the thread, IMO, as it doesn't bring anything new to the discussion. But that's them.

You want stones to be thrown? Ok.

Law - I no longer get as upset about his Foley bashing as I understand that's how he is. There are personal reasons on his side, and I accept nothing anyone says will change his distaste for the AD. Likewise, if we win the Galctic Championship in football from here to eternity, I am confident law would still blame Foley in some respect that it wasn't good enough. For me, law is like the toddler who **** his pants and doesn't realize how bad it smells everytime he shows up and drops another Foley turd comment. But unlike a toddler, he has qualtiy insight and can help a discussion be worthwhile.

Trex - I'm almost, but not quite, to the point of fully accepting him how he is. I can understand people are born with chemical imbalances or physical and/or mental deficiencies. A stutterer can't help that's how they communicate, and they do their best to work through that and be understood. Someone with turrets syndrome can't control how they talk, they are offensive as all get out, but they are doing the best they can. I can appreciate there are some facts and reality behind his statements, but that they are the same damn thing over and over, yeah that gets annoying. I wish he'd bring more to a discussion than the same thing he just dumped in every other thread. He is entitled to his opinion same as anyone else. I just wish he'd present it as his opinion rather than a fact and recognize when it's been stated too many times already. He reminds me of a kid in that he will get stuck on what HE wants and never hear a word anyone says otherwise.

Some of the PF regulars - Sometimes I wonder if they are really that close minded and unable to reason. If it is a facade for entertainment (theirs, or the ones who ridicule them) then I can't fathom it based on my mental guidance of not wasting time or energy. Bottom line, they come off like cartoon idiots. I know this, and whether that's really them or not, fk it, not worth my consideration and I tend to skim or skip their posts.

Ox - despite presenting himself as a benevolent site owner, truth is he likes to be a sht stirrer. He throws out zingers in the PF that can be taken the wrong way (ie, literal or as the truth) when in fact he may have no opinion at all and just wants to shake the cage a bit. Likewise, when he is too busy spending site funding on his Corvette to be bothered with actual discussions....he'll drop by and offer to ban offensive members "if the majority want it" knowing full well and good it's another zinger, no substance just stirring the pot a bit more to keep things going in the slow season. And his site takes up too much of my work day for me to be productive. That dck will get me fired one day.

==============

tl;dr

Some people are not nice. Choose to skip, use ignore, or accept them. Removing them from the site only degrades the balance and overall quality of the site.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Any discussion without an opposing view is worthless, IMO. Where you have a problem is if a person drops an opinion, repeatedly, as if that were all they had to contribute. Some would define a troll as a person who jumps on one nerve over and over regardless of a sane counter argument, or perhaps in an effort to get those responses. We have some members who do harp on their singular view to no end, and it does lessen the quality of the thread, IMO, as it doesn't bring anything new to the discussion. But that's them.

You want stones to be thrown? Ok.

Law - I no longer get as upset about his Foley bashing as I understand that's how he is. There are personal reasons on his side, and I accept nothing anyone says will change his distaste for the AD. Likewise, if we win the Galctic Championship in football from here to eternity, I am confident law would still blame Foley in some respect that it wasn't good enough. For me, law is like the toddler who **** his pants and doesn't realize how bad it smells everytime he shows up and drops another Foley turd comment. But unlike a toddler, he has qualtiy insight and can help a discussion be worthwhile.

Trex - I'm almost, but not quite, to the point of fully accepting him how he is. I can understand people are born with chemical imbalances or physical and/or mental deficiencies. A stutterer can't help that's how they communicate, and they do their best to work through that and be understood. Someone with turrets syndrome can't control how they talk, they are offensive as all get out, but they are doing the best they can. I can appreciate there are some facts and reality behind his statements, but that they are the same damn thing over and over, yeah that gets annoying. I wish he'd bring more to a discussion than the same thing he just dumped in every other thread. He is entitled to his opinion same as anyone else. I just wish he'd present it as his opinion rather than a fact and recognize when it's been stated too many times already. He reminds me of a kid in that he will get stuck on what HE wants and never hear a word anyone says otherwise.

Some of the PF regulars - Sometimes I wonder if they are really that close minded and unable to reason. If it is a facade for entertainment (theirs, or the ones who ridicule them) then I can't fathom it based on my mental guidance of not wasting time or energy. Bottom line, they come off like cartoon idiots. I know this, and whether that's really them or not, fk it, not worth my consideration and I tend to skim or skip their posts.

Ox - despite presenting himself as a benevolent site owner, truth is he likes to be a sht stirrer. He throws out zingers in the PF that can be taken the wrong way (ie, literal or as the truth) when in fact he may have no opinion at all and just wants to shake the cage a bit. Likewise, when he is too busy spending site funding on his Corvette to be bothered with actual discussions....he'll drop by and offer to ban offensive members "if the majority want it" knowing full well and good it's another zinger, no substance just stirring the pot a bit more to keep things going in the slow season. And his site takes up too much of my work day for me to be productive. That dck will get me fired one day.

==============

tl;dr

Some people are not nice. Choose to skip, use ignore, or accept them. Removing them from the site only degrades the balance and overall quality of the site.
Such a negative post :shakehead:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Ox, I would prefer we ban the pumpers. Their constant positivity puts me under a lot of stress to be happy. And I don't need that kind of stress in my life.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I realize Law is viewed as a negative guy, but he's my favorite poster. A board needs the negative guys, the pumpers and the realists. It is what makes GatorChatter a fun place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator