Should Negative Nelly's be banned?

Should chronic complainers of the program be banned?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
images

Don't get me started about the rest of the staff.
tumblr_inline_o1hmxpoh3N1se2xkb_500.gif

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
No.

As a UF fan I come here for education and entertainment on all things Gator, especially football. As a fan of free speech I enjoy reading both the measured or fervent, pros or cons on any topic. What I don't enjoy is when discourse descends into personal insults...on and on and on. In posts such as those, this hound hunts elsewhere for his daily ration of Gatortainment. And if it reaches a tipping point on GC, then I will leave.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I don't believe in banning people.

What about caning? Can we do that? Or beat our nellies "lightly" if the Muslim cleric named Ox says that is acceptable?

How about we make a sub-forum where we restrict the nellies so they cannot post elsewhere, similar to placing them in medieval stocks. Then the rest of us can throw produce at them in the form of pumper-isms and watch them squirm and thrash about within their confines? Then the rest of us can go back to our hovels in peace and enjoy our pitifully poor surroundings? Oh, and we should burn one of them every so often as a witch, just on principle and to keep the other nellies from joining the site. (/looks at Alvin and LOF)

images

I need to stop, I've lost the plot. Time to quit work early for today before they figure me out and fire me.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely not. A lot of these Negative Nellies don't like the direction of the program. And they question a lot of the moves. However, most of the personal attacks are by the other side in retribution for not being positive about what's going on.

Last edited:

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's the offseason, and I've actually been rather pleased that the board seems a little more active this year. And while I haven't been participating an awful lot, I read most of the threads and check the board many times a day.

I've been reading a lot of harping lately about the "Gator trolls", those who always seem to be on the negative side of every issue. We seem to have a push again to silence them or ban them, like we did a while back with Law. Someone mentioned they aren't coming back to this board as much because of so-and-so. Just so you know, there is an ignore list, and unlike our last software, this one actually works.

So I'll throw out a poll again. If you think the chronic complainers should be banned so we can become Swamp Gas, just say so.

Discuss.

Wait. You want to create a thread for pumpers to dump on dumpers. But that makes pumpers dumpers and not pumpers.

So, in essence, you're trying to trick the happy people into being Negative Nellie's, thereby nullifying any future argument by the pumpers to dump the dumpers...

35126999.jpg

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wait. You want to create a thread for pumpers to dump on dumpers. But that makes pumpers dumpers and not pumpers.

So, in essence, you're trying to trick the happy people into being Negative Nellie's, thereby nullifying any future argument by the pumpers to dump the dumpers...

o7x1oEZ.gif

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
No banning just because they are negative. Heck catch me thinking about the Tennessee game and I'm a pumper. The bowl game, not so much.

I think we could be a better board without the name calling.

And I'm not afraid to use the Ignore button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator