Recruiting Simmons’ father explains flip: The schedule was too hard

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the dad wanted his kid to be the #1 guy and I applaud BN for waying no thank you to that. If you look at some of the best QB's of late, most of them sat behind another great so they could learn and mature. Expecting a 17yr old to come out and start on top is a wet dream by dad. Why on earth would he be afraid to compete against the best? Maybe he's just not up for it.
So go to a team stacked with QBs?
How does that make sense?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
When SOS retired he told a story I've never heard. He said Dr. Lombardi told him the football program is his and he could do whatever he wanted with it but understand its football and can be in the ditch in 5 minutes. It's in the ditch. This is two groups with two different goals and Billy is just caught in the middle. Austin's dad is looking for the 3 years removed from highschool date as fast as he can get there, so he can declare.
Ole Miss accommodated the family UF wouldn't.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Good thing Simmons’s dad wasn’t running the show when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

I was as frustrated as anyone yesterday, and still think we needed to change something regarding the offense/QB position to bridge until Lagway. Next two years are setting up to be a disaster.

But that aside, this father’s comments are an odd combination of pouting (“UF wanted someone else more”), and weakness(“schedule too tough for him”). I haven’t seen a lack of masculinity like that displayed since the season finale of Million Dollar Listing LA. No doubt in my mind this guy has the pride flag, Ukraine flag and pronouns listed in his Twitter bio. Good riddance to this embarrassment of a family.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
I was as frustrated as anyone yesterday, and still think we needed to change something regarding the offense/QB position to bridge until Lagway. Next two years are setting up to be a disaster.

But that aside, this father’s comments are an odd combination of pouting (“UF wanted someone else more”), and weakness(“schedule too tough for him”). I haven’t seen a lack of masculinity like that displayed since the season finale of Million Dollar Listing LA. No doubt in my mind this guy has the pride flag, Ukraine flag and pronouns listed in his Twitter bio. Good riddance to this embarrassment of a family.
Yes, his comments on the eve of Father’s Day must have made the boy proud. Essentially he told the world “my son ain’t up to dealing with tough situations”.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think it's a cover, but who knows maybe the kid is retarded.
Sounds like it to me,,,,I mean it's not like over the 3 or 4 years he plays at Ole Miss their magically gonna avoid playing 5 or 6 top 20th ranked teams every year....And having Bama and LSU in your grill might be just as bad if not worse than UGA and possibly UToothless like at UF....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I haven’t seen a lack of masculinity like that displayed since the season finale of Million Dollar Listing LA
Hopefully his Dad will get front row tickets when they play at Bama and LSU at night and then he can see how weak their blitz packages are if/when his son is playing...

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Found the common denominator of whose ****ing up these QBs with us…dudes a cancer

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
We’ve all been watching sports for many years. Being serious, when was the last athlete you heard say I don’t want to play a team or in a conference because it’ll be too hard? Due to its rarity, that is such a red flag I don’t want the kid at UF.
Bobby Bowden (not an athlete, but still…)

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When SOS retired he told a story I've never heard. He said Dr. Lombardi told him the football program is his and he could do whatever he wanted with it but understand its football and can be in the ditch in 5 minutes. It's in the ditch. This is two groups with two different goals and Billy is just caught in the middle. Austin's dad is looking for the 3 years removed from highschool date as fast as he can get there, so he can declare.
Ole Miss accommodated the family UF wouldn't.
What is "in the ditch"?
Who's "in the ditch"?
Where is "the ditch" anyway?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Good thing Simmons’s dad wasn’t running the show when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
John Belushi Eyebrows GIF

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

iu

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.