Recruiting Simmons’ father explains flip: The schedule was too hard

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I was as frustrated as anyone yesterday, and still think we needed to change something regarding the offense/QB position to bridge until Lagway. Next two years are setting up to be a disaster.

But that aside, this father’s comments are an odd combination of pouting (“UF wanted someone else more”), and weakness(“schedule too tough for him”). I haven’t seen a lack of masculinity like that displayed since the season finale of Million Dollar Listing LA. No doubt in my mind this guy has the pride flag, Ukraine flag and pronouns listed in his Twitter bio. Good riddance to this embarrassment of a family.
Hurtful… and again, I only watch for the purpose of “research”

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I was as frustrated as anyone yesterday, and still think we needed to change something regarding the offense/QB position to bridge until Lagway. Next two years are setting up to be a disaster.

But that aside, this father’s comments are an odd combination of pouting (“UF wanted someone else more”), and weakness(“schedule too tough for him”). I haven’t seen a lack of masculinity like that displayed since the season finale of Million Dollar Listing LA. No doubt in my mind this guy has the pride flag, Ukraine flag and pronouns listed in his Twitter bio. Good riddance to this embarrassment of a family.
They just couldn't get past Lagway so they chose a school said to have a loaded roster, and probably signed a higher NIL. Lagway most likely the main obstacle. We have to hang on to Lagway.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
They just couldn't get past Lagway so they chose a school said to have a loaded roster, and probably signed a higher NIL. Lagway most likely the main obstacle. We have to hang on to Lagway.
Which still doesn't explain the short sightedness of the kid and his family.....Do they really think Kiffen is going to stop recruiting other talented QB's? This kid is likely to face twice as much quality competition over the next 2-3 years at Ole Miss than he likely would here.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Which still doesn't explain the short sightedness of the kid and his family.....Do they really think Kiffen is going to stop recruiting other talented QB's? This kid is likely to face twice as much quality competition over the next 2-3 years at Ole Miss than he likely would here.
For sure, Kiffen keeps recruiting. Betting we lose Lagway or sometime during his career Lagway is injured would have been a better calculus. Not wishing any of that, just that even with Lagway, his son stood a better chance of being next man up, and it’s Florida, not Mississippi. Hope they enjoy the drives.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The staff is still recruiting ’25 kids to take Simmons place. Would be nice if one popped at FNL. I see us grabbing a one yr rental out of the portal next year and let Lagway learn. Hopefully we don’t get caught in another Pratt situation.

As for Simmons, if he can really throw mid 90’s, he’ll be drafted. And if he’s drafted does his dad pass up that money?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Clearly we’ve moved on from bashing our schitty baseball team/coach!
Thank God Seinfeld GIF by HULU

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I don’t know, man. A 162 game season is a lot of games. Plus there’s Aaron Judge.
Well lucky for him, Savannah Bananas season is just over 100 games. He just needs to be comfortable wearing a kilt or banana costume

Irish Kilts GIF by The Savannah Bananas

Dance Dancing GIF by The Savannah Bananas

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Saturday down South had a good article about the entire situation and how Napier's been more than a bit unlucky about it all (having his #1 transfer QB back out last-minute; having his top '23 recruit back out last-minute; and now this fall apart last-minute).

But still--the entire thing around Simmons makes zero sense and more of the media are starting to pick up on that.

First off: his odds of playing significant minutes this season are far higher here than at Ole Miss, which has 3 other QBs in there with college experience--all of whom are either 5 or 4☆ QBs.

Second, the "schedule" argument is a load of dogchit since Ole Miss has to play Bama, LSU, and UGAy this year (in addition to the other SEC West teams)--certainly no easier or worse than FL's schedule this year.

If he wants to play baseball in college, who has the better program? I know Sully's getting fired and all, but let's be real who the better program is...

Not to mention academics. For a serious student, FL's a MUCH more respected school in damn near every field of study over Ole Miss.

NIL is robbing people of common damn sense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Saturday down South had a good article about the entire situation and how Napier's been more than a bit unlucky about it all (having his #1 transfer QB back out last-minute; having his top '23 recruit back out last-minute; and now this fall apart last-minute).

But still--the entire thing around Simmons makes zero sense and more of the media are starting to pick up on that.

First off: his odds of playing significant minutes this season are far higher here than at Ole Miss, which has 3 other QBs in there with college experience--all of whom are either 5 or 4☆ QBs.

Second, the "schedule" argument is a load of dogchit since Ole Miss has to play Bama, LSU, and UGAy this year (in addition to the other SEC West teams)--certainly no easier or worse than FL's schedule this year.

If he wants to play baseball in college, who has the better program? I know Sully's getting fired and all, but let's be real who the better program is...

Not to mention academics. For a serious student, FL's a MUCH more respected school in damn near every field of study over Ole Miss.

NIL is robbing people of common damn sense.
And your last sentence summed it all up. This was about $$$.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Heard a rumor Sully didn't want him... Just a rumor..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.