Recruiting Simmons’ father explains flip: The schedule was too hard

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s embarrassing that this kid flipped. Mom wanted UF. Dad wanted Ole Miss.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s clear that’s where we’re headed and no one gives two effs. We’ve decided that academic excellence and athletic excellence are mutually exclusive and our quest is to become Vandy.

Money will dry up and SS is beyond toast if this doesn’t somehow take a miraculous turn. I’ve said before, either way this will be his last football hire. He’s without question the worst AD we’ve had in my lifetime. I have some hope that Sasse has a better understanding of things and gets the economics. That is about the only hope we have left. I’m damn close to sitting out this season all together, something I’ve never done. It needs to bottom.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Didn't Ole Miss already get some transfer in from the portal that was supposed to be good?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s embarrassing that this kid flipped. Mom wanted UF. Dad wanted Ole Miss.

No offense to anyone here, but moms often think emotionally. Distance and the feel probably sold her. Dad is looking at economics and taking emotion out. Napier has given our rivals the ammo to recruit against us at the position with some of his decisions.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Ole Miss already get some transfer in from the portal that was supposed to be good?
Yes. I know I know, makes zero sense bc we all know that kids only go where there's no depth and if they don't sign with us it's bc they're scared of competition and can't handle the pressure of UF and we didn't want them anyway and, well, whatever other sht we can throw against the wall.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Money will dry up and SS is beyond toast if this doesn’t somehow take a miraculous turn. I’ve said before, either way this will be his last football hire. He’s without question the worst AD we’ve had in my lifetime. I have some hope that Sasse has a better understanding of things and gets the economics. That is about the only hope we have left. I’m damn close to sitting out this season all together, something I’ve never done. It needs to bottom.
Bottom is 5.5 wins this year and 3.5 next year, it’s only going to continue getting worse

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It pissing them off is weird. It was a rival troll in Newberg. Wasn’t even our guys.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
There's too much smoke around this for it not to be true at this point.
I'm not sure if you've been paying attention for the last 5 or 6 years but we've become the Bill Buckner of CFB recruiting when it comes to getting high level recruit/commits to campus....
World Series Win GIF by New York Mets

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It pissing them off is weird. It was a rival troll in Newberg. Wasn’t even our guys.
Yea I don't believe that. Too quick a turn around for that to have been the trigger point. This was already in the works

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Sooooo who do we turn to now? Who’s our stopgap transfer QB for ‘24?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So if I understand this correctly, that's 2 elite 2024 "commits" in 2 weeks Billy's had flipped on him. It's going to get tougher and tougher to garner fan support if this continues.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I say this without the slightest hint of sarcasm as I’ve sadly become mentally numb: this program has become a f****** embarrassment. I think it’s very clear that Simmons wanted to reclassify from the get-go but admissions is blocking it as they’ve done many times before. Napier, or any coach, doesn’t stand a chance of bringing us back.

If that's the case, Napier needs to go straight to the AD and say "we will never become competitive in the current college football landscape if you don't have my back on this."

By all accounts, this kid is a gifted student and not a basketcase with a 0.8 GPA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.