Recruiting Simmons’ father explains flip: The schedule was too hard

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
While I still think we start out this year far better than expected, and give off massive 2012 vibes with people defending Napier. 2024 has the makings of a 2013 disaster after we start out rates too high because our schedule this year is weaker than people are projecting. Perfect timing for miami to be back on the schedule.

Todays news sucks. I’ve been very much on the Simmons bandwagon based on his film, and have posted as much, for a few months.

Feels like Matt Corral v Emory Jones.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If we are to believe an early announcement/leak lead to him changing his college decision, then we are more gullible than I thought.

This likely has to do with NIL. The rotten smell that’s been plaguing this program for a decade+ is still here (hint: it’s the UAA).

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Every time one of our insider’s tries to break news on something, it not only doesn’t happen but seems to almost go the exact opposite and burn us. Undoubtedly there are bigger issues and the problems are so deep we may not be able to recover from them. But I can’t think of a single UF media, insider, etc. that isn’t a complete embarrassment. It’s like they almost turn kids and their families off with their stupidity. Napier needs to address this.

This falls under the responsibility of Scottie which means that absolutely nothing will come of it.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we are to believe an early announcement/leak lead to him changing his college decision, then we are more gullible than I thought.

This likely has to do with NIL. The rotten smell that’s been plaguing this program for a decade+ is still here (hint: it’s the UAA).
I don't think it was the leak either.

I am apt to buy into that he actually wanted to reclassify and was pushing it...wanted to come here...admissions didn't allow it.
If that is true, at all, Napier has to go nuclear on every ounce of everyone that made that decision.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017

I am apt to buy into that he actually wanted to reclassify and was pushing it...wanted to come here...admissions didn't allow it.
If that is true, at all, Napier has to go nuclear on every ounce of everyone that made that decision.
Kid has like a 5.86 GPA, why wouldn't admissions allow him?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Napier all but publicly said “Austin Simmons wants to reclassify and play here next year”. All summer long. That was him putting public pressure on them. The longer it took the more I started suspecting there was red tape that didn’t want to be cut.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kid has like a 5.86 GPA, why wouldn't admissions allow him?
Yes and college classes that I’m sure they are unwilling to accept. If there’s a school that would have a problem with a dude that wants to jump not one but two years ahead, it would be UF.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If the Admin won't work with them, then no coach stands a chance here. Welcome to Vandyville

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think we can all come together around one thing collectively:

Scott Stricklin has got to go

IMG_5827.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’m sorely disappointed by this. I wasn’t worried about Rashada but Simmmons is a much better prospect. It’s not the end of the world, but it does mean Mertz will have to carry us to Lagway (hope he sticks).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator