Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n112704 said:
If that In all kinds of weather site says its Freeze I am going to have to chuckle some but I will hope its true.

I would be shocked with Ole Miss reportedly offering $5 mill/year as of 4 days ago.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n112709 said:
I would be shocked with Ole Miss reportedly offering $5 mill/year as of 4 days ago.

If true his agent is probably milking this for all its worth.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When Hell freezes over!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Andy Staples was on Finebaum and he talked about UF coaching searches. He said he covered 2 football coach searches at UF and the basketball search when Billy quit and then came back. He said not to trust any rumors until after the season that come out because Foley keeps thing close to his vest. He also suspects that UF will hire a search firm to make contact with agents. That way UF could cleanly say that they didn't contact coaches or agents. He said UF did it after Zook and could have already started

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n112712 said:
If true his agent is probably milking this for all its worth.

Wouldn't you if you were his agent. He got a raise to $3 million a year last December.

R

RedHead-Gator

Founding Member
Founding Member
First time post! Just jumped ship from the other place!!!!! Glad I found you guys!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gator Fever;n112702 said:
He probably got that from here - Foley said he had to win out and many believe SC would have been enough - we will never know I guess.

Pretty obvious to me that he was done following Mizzou. In every one of these cases, Foley has been clear that it's about the overall direction of the program. There's no way he's setting that standard of winning out, especially with as many variables as there were. The night of the Mizzou game, we could've lost to VU or Usce and still mathematically made Atl. If his job is still up in the air, no way he gets fired for beating Usce, uga, EKU and fsu, and making Atl, which could have easily happened.

You could also tell from body language that WM was a different person from in the past 3 games. I felt that it was probably over then, but now I'm about as close to 100% as you can get.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was a bit surprised to read this evening that Charlie Strong doesn't have a buyout per se at Texas. It's a financial penalty in the form of owing an amount equal to the total compensation that Texas would be obligated to pay any of the assistant coaches who remain employed by Texas 60 days after Strong terminates. That strikes me as very workable for Foley if he really wants the guy.

Thoughts?

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n112776]I was a bit surprised to read this evening that Charlie Strong doesn't have a buyout per se at Texas. It's a financial penalty in the form of owing an amount equal to the total compensation that Texas would be obligated to pay any of the assistant coaches who remain employed by Texas 60 days after Strong terminates. That strikes me as very workable for Foley if he really wants the guy.

Thoughts?
[/QUOTE]I

Very possible. However, Foley said he wanted an offensive guy as the next coach. I know Strong doesn't get in the way of his OC but I just don't see it this time around. We are a year to late again. I think it would be a PERFECT fit for us but we are just to late. I mean, who would walk away from Texas to come to Florida? I love the Gators but lets be serious....we have the SEC network...Texas has the Longhorn network.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906;n112786 said:
I

Very possible. However, Foley said he wanted an offensive guy as the next coach. I know Strong doesn't get in the way of his OC but I just don't see it this time around. We are a year to late again. I think it would be a PERFECT fit for us but we are just to late. I mean, who would walk away from Texas to come to Florida? I love the Gators but lets be serious....we have the SEC network...Texas has the Longhorn network.

First of all, Foley didn't specify an offensive coach, he referenced a coach whose team had been successful offensively. Strong was that at Louisville. Re why he would leave Texas for Florida, are you serious? Strong has obvious ties to UF and recruits the state of Florida better than any of the coaches we're looking at. He'd be a PERFECT recruiting fit for the job.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The thing that makes me think Strong isn't a viable candidate is Strong himself. He's a man of integrity and he knows damn well that Texas went 14 million into its pocket to bring him to Austin a year ago. He'd probably be at ethical odds over leaving this soon.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Time to get Strong was last year, unfortunately Foley wasn't smart enough to dump Champ after last years Debacle

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n112791]The thing that makes me think Strong isn't a viable candidate is Strong himself. He's a man of integrity and he knows damn well that Texas went 14 million into its pocket to bring him to Austin a year ago. He'd probably be at ethical odds over leaving this soon. [/QUOTE]

This is correct. I could just about guarantee that if the two jobs were on the table, he and his family would take UF in a heartbeat simply because of how much he's talked about them enjoying their time here over the years. But I think he's a "stand by my word" man, and wouldn't leave at this juncture for any amount of money.

That's exactly why I wanted to grab him last year. Similar to WM, he has tremendous loyalty and I could see being the face of UF football for a long time. Unlike WM, however, he'd already proven to be a competent HC with a bright future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.