Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n117185 said:
Finally a well thought out post here. A welcome change from all the ridiculous posts from the simplistic dolts.
You're an embarrassment. And why would you want to hang out with so many dolts that are beneath you?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n117199 said:
You're an embarrassment. And why would you want to hang out with so many dolts that are beneath you?

Your hate for Muschamp causes you to make ridiculous blanket statements. His underperforming here was do to a wide variety of reasons. Each season was it's own entity and quite different than the other 3. To paint his whole tenure with the same "He Sucks" brush is just lazy and thoughtless posting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n117213 said:
Your hate for Muschamp causes you to make ridiculous blanket statements. His underperforming here was do to a wide variety of reasons. Each season was it's own entity and quite different than the other 3. To paint his whole tenure with the same "He Sucks" brush is just lazy and thoughtless posting.
My "hate" for Muschamp is because he destroyed the program I love. Since he's getting fired, I'm obviously not alone in thinking that. Not sure why you are so loyal to the man. I'm also not sure why you can't just admit he has serious shortcomings as a head coach - it always seems to be someone else's fault in your eyes.

He was terrible as a head coach ALL FOUR YEARS, including our 11-win season. He squandered possibly the best defense in the history of UF (with Meyer's players, of course). That should have EASILY been a championship season for any coach who even had the slightest inkling about offense. Instead it was totally wasted season in which we won nothing, not even a bowl game.

I won't even go into recruiting, other to say it has been horrific his entire tenure.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
g8rgolfer;n117010 said:
You know ... when you say a statement that is such a loaded hyperbole, it really kinda makes everything else you say so questionable. I mean really ... Muschamp didnt get the job done and it is probably best that we change now and start fresh ... but to make such a ridiculous statement that he couldn't have done worse over a four year stretch as well as call him a disaster of epic proportions ... it comes off as a drama queen.

CWM took over a program that was at an all time low. He had to deal with horrible attitudes and egomaniacs that had gotten away with whatever they wanted to get away with from the previous regime. The last few recruiting classes of that regime were a huge bust. There was no real effort being put into practice anymore ... and it clearly showed. CWM came in and cleaned it up and did a pretty good job of getting the program turned back into the right direction. He worked is arse off on the recruiting front and did a really good job in most areas.

Where he failed was recruiting enough OL and giving the offense stability. His defenses, for his entire tenure, have been championship level. His special teams, except for a few games (especially as of late that helped begin the end for him), were pretty good. It is suspected that the Weiss hire was forced on him ... and that was probably the worst thing for the team. Weiss was lazy and had a huge ego ... and helped set the offense back instead of propelling it forward through the transition. Unlike a defense, an offense is what takes the most time to transition from coaching changes and philosophies. And when you add on to the fact that it was very depleted of OL that were worth a damn it makes doing anything hard. Weiss cut and run probably midway through the season. Bring in another OC as well as a philosophy change ... and so on. Recruiting suffered ... execution suffered ... and so on.

But to sit here and say he did a horrible job and he was a disaster of epic proportions really makes me think you really have no idea what it takes day in and day out to get 80something teenaged to younger 20 year old prima-donnas to do what needs to be done. For the most part ... he did a damn good job ... but he just didnt get it done on the offensive side of the LOS and consistently put the offense through transition. That is where he failed ... which translated to not winning enough games he should have won. Ridiculous to suggest it was a disaster though.

Man...if you had concluded your dissertation buy telling Ox to "get a grip" I would have been convinced you were Coach Muschamp himself.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n117220 said:
Man...if you had concluded your dissertation buy telling Ox to "get a grip" I would have been convinced you were Coach Muschamp himself.
:lmao:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n117213 said:
Your hate for Muschamp causes you to make ridiculous blanket statements. His underperforming here was do to a wide variety of reasons. Each season was it's own entity and quite different than the other 3...

Reminds me of a guy I knew in high school. Always f'ing up. He'd do better in one area and then f**k up in another area. Point is that he had a sh!tty 4 years of HS. It was always something with that guy. Each time there was extenuating circumstances that could be explained away. But it was always something.

Muschamp had a difficult job to come in to. I supported the guy for a long time. Probably longer than I should have because I was hoping against hope he'd succeed. Problem is, like you said, 'His underperforming here was do to a wide varity of reasons...each season it's own entity...' Same thing as that guy from HS. Always something, always could be explained away, etc. But at some point we all came to one conclusion. "HE" was the common denominator in all the f'ing up.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Delusion still running around here regarding Muschamp? Bottom line, the guy's biggest fan fired him mid-year. His tenure has been terrible, and don't blame the state of the program almost 5 years ago as the reason we got absolutely wiped by Mizzou, cannot win a meaningful game at home, nor any of the various failures we've endured just this year alone.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gatoravatara;n117244 said:
I thought everybody hated him after the 4-8 crappy performance last year. He just sucks. Please stop defending him; he almost completely destroyed our program.. I'm sure he tried his hardest, but he just could not cut it. If he wants to regain any goodwill, he will have to have the team up for the game on Saturday. Now we have to dig out of this hole he left us in, worrying about the possibility of getting a third-tier coach. I pray that we end up with Stoops of somebody of his caliber. Freeze? Meh. Not sold on him but would support him. I give him a pass for coaching in MS. He's done ok.

Yeah, we're a smoldering pile of rubble. You drama queens.
:rolleyes:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n117149 said:
Still no love for Bielema I see.

Your definitely flying solo on that one lol

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The program was broken when Meyer left. After 4 years, the program is not broken. Has the performance been underwhelming? Of course, but the program is not broken anymore. If Dunker and Octavius Jackson were still here, Oline depth would be much much better. Had Urban targeted Bridgewater over Driskel, or if Brissett had performed better, Muschamp might still be coaching here next year. But it didn't happen, so he's gone, and the program is in better shape than it was 4 years ago. Note I said program and not team performance.

Look at our roster 4 years ago. Most were midlevel talent thugs. The new coach will have loads of talent to groom, at basically every position. CB is loaded, safety is looking better every week, OLine has good depth and plenty of young talent to develop, Dline has some nice depth and talent with two 5* waiting for a good coach to commit to, LBs have talent but need this recruiting class to round them out, RB and WR are in good shape, TE's unknown but plenty of young talent, and QB has 2 talented playcallers.

With the right coach, we should be competitive in the next year or two. We couldn't say the same 4 yrs ago. If you bring up the 2012 team, please don't be one of the crowd that said it was all luck.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n117271 said:
Your definitely flying solo on that one lol

We probably have a talent pool on offense that he's thrive in, but I think he's a better fit at Arky. He'll probably be in the top 3 or 4 of the West next year

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n117257 said:
Yes. The insults again. But you avoid addressing the main point.

Point.... The obvious point is that you have a hard on for Muschamp and can't stop bashing him.

It's over Dude, get on with your life....... Get ready to call the new coach childish names when he loses games.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n117283 said:
The program was broken when Meyer left. After 4 years, the program is not broken. Has the performance been underwhelming? Of course, but the program is not broken anymore. If Dunker and Octavius Jackson were still here, Oline depth would be much much better. Had Urban targeted Bridgewater over Driskel, or if Brissett had performed better, Muschamp might still be coaching here next year. But it didn't happen, so he's gone, and the program is in better shape than it was 4 years ago. Note I said program and not team performance.

With the right coach, we should be competitive in the next year or two. We couldn't say the same 4 yrs ago. If you bring up the 2012 team, please don't be one of the crowd that said it was all luck.
But you contradict yourself. If the program was truly "broken", then how the hell did UF win 11 games in 2012? You can't have it both ways.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n117283 said:

Look at our roster 4 years ago. Most were midlevel talent thugs. The new coach will have loads of talent to groom, at basically every position. CB is loaded, safety is looking better every week, OLine has good depth and plenty of young talent to develop, Dline has some nice depth and talent with two 5* waiting for a good coach to commit to, LBs have talent but need this recruiting class to round them out, RB and WR are in good shape, TE's unknown but plenty of young talent, and QB has 2 talented playcallers.

It wasn't all luck. It was all an NFL caliber defense that was recruited by Meyer.

g8rgolfer

Nov 18, 2014
oxrageous;n117028 said:
I guess you watched different games than I did for 4 years. I could go through all the disastrous games and records, but we already know them. We went from an NC team to a national punch line under that dolt. We had a 4-8 season at UF and you're going to tell us it wasn't a disaster?

I can't listen to Muschamp apologists anymore, it's nauseating. I skimmed over most of your post because it was cringe-worthy.

At any rate, I have no idea who you are but get an avatar before I'm forced to give you one you may not like.

We went from a NC team to a national punch line before Muschamp even stepped foot on campus.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
g8rgolfer;n117427 said:
We went from a NC team to a national punch line before Muschamp even stepped foot on campus.
2010 was a dream season compared to what we've seen the last two years.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n117472 said:
2010 was a dream season compared to what we've seen the last two years.

Yeah, players refusing to practice at the bowl game was a dream scenario. you're so full of **** sometimes....which is most of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.