Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n117506 said:
My sources don't know no Ox.
Bring it!:hehehe:

I happen to be a white belt in karate I'd watch it!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's Urban's fault was a good excuse IMO in 2011. After that, Dawgtard owned the team.

These chumsy wumsy buddy coaches never work out.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Even though some of the pissing contests here have a comedic quality to them and this being a message board and all I'd like to interrupt this current pooh sling with a proposition: let's have a betting pool on the next coach. Each of us sends Ox $10.00 with a pick from a from a top 9 list of coaching candidates with number 10 being an unnamed and surprise choice. Yeah, I know its illegal and Ox wouldn't do it but damn it'd be fun. Actually, it'd be more fun than one more post about Champer taking over a 'broken program.'

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
alcoholica;n117286 said:
We probably have a talent pool on offense that he's thrive in, but I think he's a better fit at Arky. He'll probably be in the top 3 or 4 of the West next year

He'll probably finish 2nd in the west next year. MS and OM are done after this year, senior laden, LSU has just lost any consistency over the last 2 or 3 years, Sumlin has been exposed and his offense won't work anymore after this year. Bielema took over with absolutely nothing last year, had as many injuries to starters as we did and despite a sh!tty record his team seems to improve every week with no real talent to speak of. He would be a perfect fit for our offensive and defensive make up. He would probably need to keep most of the current staff in place for recruiting purposes but dude would have us maulin and ballin in no time.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n117283 said:
The program was broken when Meyer left. After 4 years, the program is not broken. Has the performance been underwhelming? Of course, but the program is not broken anymore. If Dunker and Octavius Jackson were still here, Oline depth would be much much better. Had Urban targeted Bridgewater over Driskel, or if Brissett had performed better, Muschamp might still be coaching here next year. But it didn't happen, so he's gone, and the program is in better shape than it was 4 years ago. Note I said program and not team performance.

Look at our roster 4 years ago. Most were midlevel talent thugs. The new coach will have loads of talent to groom, at basically every position. CB is loaded, safety is looking better every week, OLine has good depth and plenty of young talent to develop, Dline has some nice depth and talent with two 5* waiting for a good coach to commit to, LBs have talent but need this recruiting class to round them out, RB and WR are in good shape, TE's unknown but plenty of young talent, and QB has 2 talented playcallers.

With the right coach, we should be competitive in the next year or two. We couldn't say the same 4 yrs ago. If you bring up the 2012 team, please don't be one of the crowd that said it was all luck.

Muschamp did in fact clean things up, but I'm not sure we're better talentwise and I know we're not better off for having fallen an additional four years behind in the state arms race.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n117551 said:
He'll probably finish 2nd in the west next year. MS and OM are done after this year, senior laden, LSU has just lost any consistency over the last 2 or 3 years, Sumlin has been exposed and his offense won't work anymore after this year. Bielema took over with absolutely nothing last year, had as many injuries to starters as we did and despite a sh!tty record his team seems to improve every week with no real talent to speak of. He would be a perfect fit for our offensive and defensive make up. He would probably need to keep most of the current staff in place for recruiting purposes but dude would have us maulin and ballin in no time.

Lsu brings back a lot of young talent next year. The only reason they've lost their consistency is because they've lost so many players to the nfl. They've recruited pretty well, I expect them to bounce back pretty strong next year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n117626 said:
Lsu brings back a lot of young talent next year. The only reason they've lost their consistency is because they've lost so many players to the nfl. They've recruited pretty well, I expect them to bounce back pretty strong next year.

I'm sure thy will probably have a 8-4 or 9-3 season but I just don't see them as I did between 2007-2011. I think Arky also shut them out a couple of weeks ago.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure this is cainetard or some other troll dbag in drag.

He boasted earlier that we hadn't figured out who he is yet.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n117640 said:
Pretty sure this is cainetard or some other troll in drag.

He boasted earlier that we hadn't figured out who he is yet.

Are you becoming a Freeze pumper too ?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
How about Tom Coughlin? He's either going to be fired or he'll resign from the Giants this year. He has recent championship experience. He would transform Will Grier into the next Eli Manning! Who's with me?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
QueenCityGator;n117649 said:
How about Tom Coughlin? He's either going to be fired or he'll resign from the Giants this year. He has recent championship experience. He would transform Will Grier into the next Eli Manning! Who's with me?

He seems like a no ******** type of guy. Probably be a great coach but it's been a while since he's done any recruiting. BC was his last CFB gig if I'm not mistaken.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
After seeing how Patterson's Horned Frogs demolished Strong's Longhorns tonight, anyone on here still really want Charlie back? And wouldn't Patterson be considered a serious contender? Didn't Zach A of Gatorsports.com tweet that Patterson is now a serious contender just a few days ago?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After listening to Noah Brindise this past week, I really think hire has to be successful. He made the observation that UF used to have an advantage moneywise because of the stadium revenues, but TV contracts have changed all of that. So we can expect the Ole Miss, MSU, Kentucky and such to be able to pour more money into their football programs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n117860 said:
After seeing how Patterson's Horned Frogs demolished Strong's Longhorns tonight, anyone on here still really want Charlie back? And wouldn't Patterson be considered a serious contender? Didn't Zach A of Gatorsports.com tweet that Patterson is now a serious contender just a few days ago?

Id be cool w Patterson... but it should be noted that Holliday bytchslapped Strong w half the talent also.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not worried about Strong because he isn't a candidate, but it is still his first year. And it's a year in which he kicked off half the team. Too early to judge how he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.