Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
The Vilma radio interview with ESPN Thursday is the thing that has me thinking. He's around Kelly constantly and said Kelly had suddenly gone into a hole.

“You know what, he’s probably working on me getting the LB position,” said Vilma. “I am going to be the linebackers coach with him. UCLA, Florida somewhere. It’s going down. He won’t spill the beans but it’s going down.”

Anywhere from late today to Tuesday would be my guess. I'm probably believing this rumor more now than I was 24 hours ago.
;)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we're on hold 48 hours. After that, it's probably back to speculating on Frost.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Couple points. UCF could easily be offering Frost a huge bonus if they make it into a P5. I think Herman had something like &12MM in his Houston contract, but i’m Not positive.

I don’t think that Saban minds the spread offenses, I think he hates the hurry up and run 90 plays a game offenses.

The Vegas pulling the bet it a huge sign. If it’s going to be Chip, it’ll probably happen this week.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He doesn't have to be. The name is big enough that it recruits itself. Besides, we all know it's about the people he surrounds himself with. They'll do the leg work.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
So ... we back on the "Chip Kelly is our coach isn't BS bandwagon" again?

This is a win win (or lose lose .. but I try to be positive). If it is true we get Chip Kelly!! If it isn't true we can make fun of Franz!!

The Vilma radio interview with ESPN Thursday is the thing that has me thinking. He's around Kelly constantly and said Kelly had suddenly gone into a hole.

“You know what, he’s probably working on me getting the LB position,” said Vilma. “I am going to be the linebackers coach with him. UCLA, Florida somewhere. It’s going down. He won’t spill the beans but it’s going down.”

Anywhere from late today to Tuesday would be my guess. I'm probably believing this rumor more now than I was 24 hours ago.

Last 24 hours for me:
200.webp

jbaker07

Oct 15, 2017
Well this is interesting. Did anyone see the SportsCenter segment that these guys are tweeting about? If we do hire Chip Kelly, I will be super excited. But I will believe it when I see it.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I was told this am one of the largest boosters said Frost is definitely the prime target. He said Frost said he was not going back to the freezing temperatures in Nebraska. He also said Frost had an interview or was scheduled to have one. Just passing this on. Nobody knows including me. These people usually have accurate info. We’ll eventually see.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I keep hearing Chip Kelly in the next 2 weeks once the contract is negotiated. Back and forth continues lol

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is Frost will provide us with the freshest guacamole of all the coaches.

Oh great! First it's a peanutbutter and jelly making coach. Now it's a guacamole making coach. Can we please just hire a Coach, and bypass the chefs?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Regardless of who the next coach may be, I hope that Gator Nation will circle the wagons and support the guy 100% realizing that the mess left behind by Foley's Folly will not be an overnight fix.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What many of you probably don't realize is that L-Boy was masturbating to every reply he got and the dislikes put him over the top. It's what he does.
Long ago I dropped in on the PF (a sour mistake). I read some L-Boy v Divits "battles" - so divits knows L-Boy well.
Divits' description-conclusion of L-Boy's self-flattering is precisely right. L-Boy's real name is Jack Zoff.

Frost did it in one year with great success. UCF's offense under O'Leary was nothing at all like what they are running now.
Most accurately, I think divits is emphasizing that: if Frost can make his offense work with UCF's skill players, he can certainly excel with the athletes UF can provide. Nobody has made that supporting statement yet. (hope I'm not usurping your voice, divits?)

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Regardless of who the next coach may be, I hope that Gator Nation will circle the wagons and support the guy 100% realizing that the mess left behind by Foley's Folly will not be an overnight fix.
Of course we will! (as long as it's Frost or Kelly)

GatormanTX

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2015
@JeffBarlis: Y'all, please stop saying Chip Kelly is coming to Florida. It's so obviously a misdirection, and the sources are weak. Do I have to remind you why McElwain failed – his personality was a bad fit. Kelly makes no sense.

;)
You can find almost identical threads on VolNation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.