Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Other than Bristol, has anyone considered any other reason why the plane could be going there?

They probably did and came to the same conclusion. I mean, it's a pretty remarkable coincidence, don't ya think?
Yes sir...thats a HUGE coincidence ;)

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Kelly knows his job would require him to recruit his ass off and there is no university that would allow otherwise. He may not "like" the idea but if he signs on, he better work his ass off bringing in the best.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Here's the quote from Kelly (posted by Abolverdi today at https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ountryUF&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social) regarding his alleged "hate" of recruiting. No where does it say he hates it...just that he'd rather be doing X's and O's. Wouldn't any corch?

“My schedule, the day the season was over, was a lot worse than my schedule here because you’re planes, trains and automobiles recruiting from Sunday night until Friday afternoon and hustling back and practicing, getting a practice in Friday afternoon, practice Saturday, practice Sunday, get back on a plane and fly around the country chasing down recruits.

Maybe a misconception is when you’re a college coach and the last game is done and then the bowl game comes, you don’t have a month off. I would argue my schedule was more hectic from a recruiting standpoint than it was here. So I’m looking forward to being in the office every day and watching tape. That is the fun part of our job.”

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the quote from Kelly (posted by Abolverdi today at https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ountryUF&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social) regarding his alleged "hate" of recruiting. No where does it say he hates it...just that he'd rather be doing X's and O's. Wouldn't any corch?

“My schedule, the day the season was over, was a lot worse than my schedule here because you’re planes, trains and automobiles recruiting from Sunday night until Friday afternoon and hustling back and practicing, getting a practice in Friday afternoon, practice Saturday, practice Sunday, get back on a plane and fly around the country chasing down recruits.

Maybe a misconception is when you’re a college coach and the last game is done and then the bowl game comes, you don’t have a month off. I would argue my schedule was more hectic from a recruiting standpoint than it was here. So I’m looking forward to being in the office every day and watching tape. That is the fun part of our job.”
I’d say that a large majority of college coaches would agree with him on this quote. He just happens to be one of the few who came out and said it.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
8tnacyyvj2ly.jpg

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
GC members, raise you hand if you manage a company or organization. How important is it for you to connect with your customers?

I get what your saying but, a HC has to connect w' his coaching staff and his players more than anyone. If these people are being productive then everything else falls into place. Win 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15 games a year and see how "connected the fans feel!" If the Gators are scoring 30+ per game and winning 10 per year the butts will be in seats and the money will roll in.
Go Gators!!!

Last edited:

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Rocket City, with all due respect, you are full of s***. Hall didn't connect, Spurrier didn't connect and it doesn't matter if you're winning ball games.

I was in the J school working at Rock 104, WRUF Dial a Score, Channel 5, etc when Hall was the head coach and we had a TON of access to the players and coaches at the time. Hall was one of the most socially awkward people I have ever met. He was the NICEST guy, but did not light up a room or "work" a room. He was an offensive genius (look at his Oklahoma teams). But he hated the schmoozing. No one cared. We just cared about winning and he did, until his numbers were so depleted....Point is, who cares if Kelly schmoozes or doesn't schmooze. What matters is if he can put a "fun" product on the field....and according to our AD, that is the main requisite, not going to booster meetings.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Coaching at not just about calling plays; the head coach is the CEO of a multi million dollar enterprise. Connecting with the fans, parents of players, boosters, etc. is part of the job. You can't get around it.

Yep, notice I used the word "limited". I didn't say abandon it altogether. And please, tell me how the product that Mac put on the field increased revenue and fundraising? Oh, attendance is still down. People don't want to give money for embarrassing products? Oh, it's gone so far that I have seen multiple people calling for a boycott of all things UF until changes are made (before Mac's firing)? Yea, there is a lot more to it than just schmoozing. Hell, Meyer after a few years wasn't even doing his Thursday show or Sunday highlight shows. I'm for some schmoozing, but again, if we have to limit it, fine. Why? Because, as a CEO or management or whatever, it doesn't matter how good your connection is if people aren't buying your product. Tell me that's a lie, and that Schmoozing makes up for losing money. Go ahead, do it.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Seems like we literally haven’t done anything. Vetted, called some references, spoken to possibly one coach in two weeks.

If true, Jesus h Christ Stricklin.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like we literally haven’t done anything. Vetted, called some references, spoken to possibly one coach in two weeks.

What makes you say that? I’m not buying it.

Stricklin has his guy, and he will be announced soon IMO. Strick is playing the game.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

You can't possibly believe that

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017

I am starting to believe it. Only thing moving on this is twitter and portal hits. And it started with Franz. Dude is drunk and takes a mole hill and turns it into an mountain. We may hire Kelly, don't know, but nowhere near where people think it is. And Stricklin has to be thinking ... crap, if I don't hire Kelly, I will really need to hire Frost. Anything after that at this point, considering the way the thought of Kelly in O&B has been implanted into the minds of the fans, will be a bust.

I hate Foley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member