Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
My friend that works in UAA informed me that Frost had no interest in the position at this time, the same was backed up by a Bull Gator I know.......contract details are still being ironed out with Kelly and most of the contention is around all the speaking engagements and booster commitments

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
My friend that works in UAA informed me that Frost had no interest in the position at this time, the same was backed up by a Bull Gator I know.......contract details are still being ironed out with Kelly and most of the contention is around all the speaking engagements and booster commitments

What does he expect? He would be the face of Florida football for Tebow's sake.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I got a tweet for that

Mehhhhh... Nusschump is a QB killer. And it is hard a QB when the moron in the both takes 20-25 seconds to signal in the plays.

The other thing you need to realize is that one of Chip Kelly's innovations is that he sends in series of plays which the players have practiced hours and hours of times so they can run them in 10 seconds or less. He makes them practice fast and has no down time. There are audibles prepared (which is often a series too) for when the defense adjusts one way or another or they identify a weakness (player) to exploit.

Frost seems to do the same thing.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Chip is really introverted, not married, no kids. Football is his life and he’s pretty anti social. Im ok wity that as long as the results are on the field. Let the man coach, and let SS and SOS handle the off the field stuff

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nusschump is a QB killer. And it is hard a QB when the moron in the both takes 20-25 seconds to signal in the plays.

oh the irony, the guy who dug his heels in to get him an extension is gone first. I find it quite satisfying (but Nuss shoulda went thru the door at the same time as Mac)

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
4b65f2b8afd21c8a855802ac84c0b978--oregon-football-oregon-ducks.jpg

you win! best post of this thread! :clap:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
All this could be true, I would think he could take less money and have more for his staff which I would hope would be much better than currently and also somewhat larger. As for those other things perhaps some staff does a lot of that, and being on TV you can't be that much of an introvert. He is going to have to do some interviews and perhaps his show for a minimum. Time (hopefully by tomorrow) will tell.

gatorbait1906

Nov 29, 2016
Chip is really introverted, not married, no kids. Football is his life and he’s pretty anti social. Im ok wity that as long as the results are on the field. Let the man coach, and let SS and SOS handle the off the field stuff

So he is not going quit and say he is going to spend more time with his family, because ball is life.

AGR1447

Feb 3, 2016

Well let the man just coach football. Heck, I dont care about meeting him. I just want to watch a fun football team again. I know I am spoiled, but I learned the game of football watching SOS and Danny terrorize the SEC

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

If and when SS signs CK, he will be rewarded with an O for his initials

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I would be happy with limited Kelly appearances and what not if that got us back to playing championship caliber football. Seriously, whiffing on Kelly simply because some Gator clubs demand he speak to them would make me believe we deserve to be Tennessee.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would be happy with limited Kelly appearances and what not if that got us back to playing championship caliber football. Seriously, whiffing on Kelly simply because some Gator clubs demand he speak to them would make me believe we deserve to be Tennessee.

If Kelly is willing to allow millions to walk away for what might be only a couple of weeks out of his year, what does that say about him and his view of leading the Gators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.