Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

So what you are saying the face of the Florida Football program can spend a few weeks out of his offseason where he is still an employee to meet with fans? Like any other coach at any other major institution has to.... wake the fck up

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Urban start doing less booster club appearances after the first year? I mean, you really aren't going to get much information at those silly things anyway...it's more for photo ops at this point. Send him out to some his first year and then let the assistants go from there on out. It's no big deal.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Yes, because the only person we are currently vetting is Kelly...... we have no one on the list, and all the top tier candidates will not go to the gator club events because it is beneath them. In other news the sky is falling and Ox is straight. All those events for is a quick photo op and him to say hi. It's not like he is having to really deal with the fans.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Maybe Kelly will bring in Charlie Weis for OC and Rob Ryan as DC. That'd be a lot of beef on the sideline.

On second thought, that would be too frightening for in-home visits on the recruiting trail. Momma would panic.

Deal breaker for moms? No, more like couch breakers.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Puhleeze, this talk of a booster issue getting in the way of major coaching coup makes me ill.

Are we looking for the hire of a generation or Barbie and Ken?

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I would be happy with limited Kelly appearances and what not if that got us back to playing championship caliber football. Seriously, whiffing on Kelly simply because some Gator clubs demand he speak to them would make me believe we deserve to be Tennessee.

Coaching at not just about calling plays; the head coach is the CEO of a multi million dollar enterprise. Connecting with the fans, parents of players, boosters, etc. is part of the job. You can't get around it.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Puhleeze, this talk of a booster issue getting in the way of major coaching coup makes me ill.

Are we looking for the hire of a generation or Barbie and Ken?

GC members, raise you hand if you manage a company or organization. How important is it for you to connect with your customers?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Rocket City, with all due respect, you are full of s***. Hall didn't connect, Spurrier didn't connect and it doesn't matter if you're winning ball games.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not even sure Meyer connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online