***Spring Game Football Thread***

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Over on gatorsports Mac is promising real football for the Friday night game. Hasn't decided how to divide the squad. I think that just having a spring game is a huge step forward. I am hoping that at least one qb shows they are ready to play, the OL looks improved and two receivers establish themselves.
What are the rest of you hoping for?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
A functional offense and an injury free game. Doesn't seem like too much to hope for, does it?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Competence in all phases, doesn't have to be flashy, but it would be nice to see a little.

No doomed trick plays, please, ever again.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Competence in all phases, doesn't have to be flashy, but it would be nice to see a little.

No doomed trick plays, please, ever again.
That is exactly what we need. Good production and work. My only request is a QB that can see over the line of scrimmage.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:wtf: isn't the game on Saturday afternoon and coordinated with a softball or baseball game like it has been for decades before the Mustake?

And we don't need no damn running clock!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
:wtf: isn't the game on Saturday afternoon and coordinated with a softball or baseball game like it has been for decades before the Mustake?

And we don't need no damn running clock!
Mac says Friday game generates more interest and frees Saturday to work with unofficial visitors.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Look like we have a plan; the beginning of an identity.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It will just be great to have a real game over what we've been relegated to over the last couple of years. Perhaps a small sign that we're getting back to where we should be in terms of numbers.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac says Friday game generates more interest and frees Saturday to work with unofficial visitors.

:orly::dunno: Maybe Mac doesn't know people have to drive from Tampa, Orlando and Tallahassee, among many others after work?

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
:orly::dunno: Maybe Mac doesn't know people have to drive from Tampa, Orlando and Tallahassee, among many others after work?

It was scheduled a while back so it gave people time to plan to get off work early or take the day off. For me it's no problem. I've been trying to find ways to get my son out of skipping his baseball game that day after school. I thought about this for a month but I don't think it's worth ticking off his coach.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Mac will have a built in excuse when the stadium is virtually empty.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Who's going?!!!

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Mac will have a built in excuse when the stadium is virtually empty.
And can we assume you'll have a built in excuse to b!tch?

Seriously, it was announced months ago. People will still go, they have a bunch of different activities planned for the fans. And those that can't make it can watch on SEC Network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.