***Spring Game Football Thread***

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I missed several pages of posts... Did lagoon ever acknowledge the stadium wasn't empty as predicted?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would really like for Trask to see the field next year in mop up duty. We are going to need a backup for 2017. It would be nice to have someone who has actually played in a college game.

We haven't been able to develop any depth because we haven't blown out anyone in four years. It would sure be nice to do that.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I would really like for Trask to see the field next year in mop up duty. We are going to need a backup for 2017. It would be nice to have someone who has actually played in a college game.

I admit I'm a pumper. What if LDR has a great season and enters the NFL draft next year? Then we will have a real quarterback competition in 2017 between Trask, Franks, and Jake Allen. If this were to happen, I'd be much happier if Trask had had extensive mop up duty in 2016.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Guys - what's the likelihood that our HC CEO is creating a chrysalis for a total team of
enthusiastic camaraderie ? of CFB fun for all ?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Guys - what's the likelihood that our rogdochar is blessed with legalized marijuana in his place of residence? of him being higher than a kite right now?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Guys - what's the likelihood that our rogdochar is blessed with legalized marijuana in his place of residence? of him being higher than a kite right now?
Nah, he's just
tumblr_mo482k7H6v1rpduwho1_500.gif

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014

There is a lot that is great stuff in this short 7 minute clip. However two things stand out to me. The OL isn't where it needs to be to win in Atlanta, and #SwampFoot (by the way I already filed a to paten this) can kick the $#^t out of the ball. Look at his first FG (52 yarder) where the ball hits....hint TOP OF THE NET. Future looks to brighter than the last few years at QB and Offense and as always It is Great To Be A Florida Gator.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

... like you wouldn't string along ?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've only watched the highlights and was observing somewhat unknown players that I thought did some good/bad things, and since there's so many new guys, I could only write down the numbers and go back and look them up.
The good (and it could have just been one play that stuck out to me):
82 - Moral Stevens
85 - Chris Thompson
14 - Chris Williamson

The bad (multiple plays):
21 - McArthur Burnett (should still be in HS, but still getting an education)

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Was anybody else concerned that the 2nd team got yards on the first team? And on the other side the1st team line got beat a lot by the 2nd team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thompson looks slow.
Watch closely. He doesn't have blazing speed but he has a little shake and bake. He is also waiting on his blockers to get where they are supposed to be and it doesn't always happen, especially with mishmash lines.

However, he needs to learn to run behind his pads. He runs like what he is, a dude that played WR until last year.

His hands are great. He will be a weapon out of the backfield. Imagine a LB trying to cover him or a DB trying to tackle him solo in space.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Was anybody else concerned that the 2nd team got yards on the first team?
No, we were pretty conservative on defense.
And on the other side the1st team line got beat a lot by the 2nd team.
Concerned but not surprised. It basically takes 3 years for a HS OL to be ready for the SEC. There are very, very few exceptions. Most of our guys, including Sharpe, are not one of the exceptions.

We are going to be weak but improved on the OL IMO. Maybe in 2017, though, it could actually be a strength.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Watching Spring Game SEC takeover. Watching Del Rio throw accurate passes to open receivers is making me feel good about the offense this year. If we give him time, he will get us the points we need. It was also great to see guys catching the ball and making plays.

I really think we could surprise people this year. People are sleeping on our offense, but I think it could be very very good.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Watching Spring Game SEC takeover. Watching Del Rio throw accurate passes to open receivers is making me feel good about the offense this year. If we give him time, he will get us the points we need. It was also great to see guys catching the ball and making plays.

I really think we could surprise people this year. People are sleeping on our offense, but I think it could be very very good.

It's not the skill players that I'm worrying about. It's the Line.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's not the skill players that I'm worrying about. It's the Line.

Me too, but if the line is truly improved and an average SEC line... then I think we are very very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.