***Spring Game Football Thread***

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And can we assume you'll have a built in excuse to b!tch?

Seriously, it was announced months ago. People will still go, they have a bunch of different activities planned for the fans. And those that can't make it can watch on SEC Network.

:naughty:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And can we assume you'll have a built in excuse to b!tch?

Seriously, it was announced months ago. People will still go, they have a bunch of different activities planned for the fans. And those that can't make it can watch on SEC Network.
http://img08.deviantart.net/2c5a/i/2012/043/4/f/boom_mother****er_by_marvellyous-d4pjaby.jpg

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No injuries... that is what I want to see.

Other than that... Spring Games are always hard to really judge. If the offense looks great, does that mean the defense sucks and vice versa. No injuries and competent QB play would be my hope.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I know there is are a lot of questions that have to be answered about the offense, but I think there is one question for the O&B game that hasn't even been asked.
Are they going to serve beer for the O&B Game?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Something to erase the visual of the last 6 games of 2015/16 out of my head. That's all I ask.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Has Mac announced how the squad will be split? I figure QBs 1 &3 will be on one team and 2&4 on the other.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I will be disappointed by anything less than:

The offense scoring a bunch of points
and
The defense shutting down its opponent and not allowing a single point

Anything less and I will be starting up a www.firecoachmac.com website.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Consistent forward passing. And hopefully more throws down the field. A kicker who can make FGs, but hopefully not because TDs would be much nicer.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
1. No injuries

2. Better QB play.

3. Pineiro kick a 60 yarder on a real play and make the rest of the conference crap themselves.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
3. Pineiro kick a 60 yarder on a real play and make the rest of the conference crap themselves.
^This!!!!
I would line it up as the first "play" of the game, and if he makes it keep going back 3-5 yards every time till he misses. That really will scare the $#!T out of everyone on our schedule.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
^This!!!!
I would line it up as the first "play" of the game, and if he makes it keep going back 3-5 yards every time till he misses. That really will scare the $#!T out of everyone on our schedule.

Field Goals ain't my goal.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
1. How far has Franks progressed with his mechanics. They should at least be a little improved by now.
2. I want to see how the tackles perform. The staff has criticized them a good bit.
3. I want to see the young o-linemen like Sandifer, McCoy, and Buchanan.
4. Is LDR the Charlie Checkdown I keep hearing people say he is? I don't want that at QB.
5. Will any of the young receivers step up (Massey, Swain, Hammond)?
6. Is Keivonnis Davis as good off the edge as I've heard?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1. How far has Franks progressed with his mechanics. They should at least be a little improved by now.
2. I want to see how the tackles perform. The staff has criticized them a good bit.
3. I want to see the young o-linemen like Sandifer, McCoy, and Buchanan.
4. Is LDR the Charlie Checkdown I keep hearing people say he is? I don't want that at QB.
5. Will any of the young receivers step up (Massey, Swain, Hammond)?
6. Is Keivonnis Davis as good off the edge as I've heard?
FYI
Sandifer hurt his knee last week and had it scoped - he should be back for August camp.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Field Goals ain't my goal.
We had the record we had in 2012 in large part because we had Caleb Sturgis. Any time a defense knows that all they have to do is keep you out of the end zone to keep you from scoring, their job becomes a lot easier (like last year). If we're a legit scoring threat any time we cross the 40, that's a HUGE advantage in the college game.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We had the record we had in 2012 in large part because we had Caleb Sturgis. Any time a defense knows that all they have to do is keep you out of the end zone to keep you from scoring, their job becomes a lot easier (like last year). If we're a legit scoring threat any time we cross the 40, that's a HUGE advantage in the college game.

I tend to agree but that defense in 2012 was special. I thought last year's d was pretty good. If we are settling for long FG's this team is in trouble. We're going to have to outscore the other team. I don't think the talent on the field is as good as year's past. We gave up 18.3 pts per game last year but 32+ PPG versus our last 3 opponents. I just think FGs are bad next year if we can't get in the endzone. I see more 31-28 games in our future than the 13-9 games.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Mac will have a built in excuse when the stadium is virtually empty.
Maybe you should check the hotel availability in Gainesville before assuming the stadium is going to be empty...all the good hotels are booked up and they will probably have a good turnout...better than we've had the last 5 years

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I tend to agree but that defense in 2012 was special. I thought last year's d was pretty good. If we are settling for long FG's this team is in trouble. We're going to have to outscore the other team. I don't think the talent on the field is as good as year's past. We gave up 18.3 pts per game last year but 32+ PPG versus our last 3 opponents. I just think FGs are bad next year if we can't get in the endzone. I see more 31-28 games in our future than the 13-9 games.
And who was quarterbacking during those final games? Hard to keep the defense fresh and motivated when they know the offense can barely manage a first down let alone actually score any points. Alai those last 3 games were against 3 of the best teams in the nation.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
FYI
Sandifer hurt his knee last week and had it scoped - he should be back for August camp.

That sucks. He's one of those guys that needs experience on the field. Thanks for letting me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.