Spurrier speaks out on the play calling

SECund2nun

Oct 13, 2018
Frost is a great choice. He needs to get back in the game. He's a good recruiter. He would jizz his pants over the two OL coaches and the sideways passes. At this point, I'd take anyone. Heck, let Shane Mattews call the plays for all I care, just no more Billy-ball.

Let's review the choices... in order of preference.

1.) Brady
2.) Scott
3.) Frost
4.) Shane Mattews
5.) ?
Yeah he had some really good offenses at Oregon and UCF. He couldn't run his offense at the loser has been corn farm program that no recruit wants to play for, let alone the speedy southern recruits he needs to make his offense work.

My concern with Jeff Scott is that he was only a co-OC for Clemson, he has never been a sole OC and he has never been an OC outside of Clemson, plus he had Watson and Lawrence as his QBs. Any OC could look great with those QBs.

Joe Brady is similar. He has a high upside, but he is very risky. He was the passing game coordinator at LSU for one season and that team was loaded. That's literally his entire resume. Then he was the OC for Carolina for 2 seasons and he wasn't successful there.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Jeff Scott would be a solid choice. The reason he is an analyst at Clemson this year is he got a 4.5 million dollar check last November when he was fired at USF with another 4 million due in 2025. He would probably love to coach offense under Billy as OC.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Frost had a lot of off field issues at Nebraska. If he has dried up and rededicated to football, he would be solid as well.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah he had some really good offenses at Oregon and UCF. He couldn't run his offense at the loser has been corn farm program that no recruit wants to play for, let alone the speedy southern recruits he needs to make his offense work.

My concern with Jeff Scott is that he was only a co-OC for Clemson, he has never been a sole OC and he has never been an OC outside of Clemson, plus he had Watson and Lawrence as his QBs. Any OC could look great with those QBs.

Joe Brady is similar. He has a high upside, but he is very risky. He was the passing game coordinator at LSU for one season and that team was loaded. That's literally his entire resume. Then he was the OC for Carolina for 2 seasons and he wasn't successful there.
Being an OC on an NFL team must be crazy detailed and professional. I'm sure that Brady is ready to take over the speedy Gators. It's way harder to have success in the NFL than at a place loaded with talent. NFL has more parity and is a more difficult league. Dude could prove himself here and catapult his career. Let's go get him, now.

SEC Championship - check.
Natty - check.
NFL experience - check.
OC experience - check.
Young enough to be hungry and recruit - check.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Being an OC on an NFL team must be crazy detailed and professional. I'm sure that Brady is ready to take over the speedy Gators. It's way harder to have success in the NFL than at a place loaded with talent. NFL has more parity and is a more difficult league. Dude could prove himself here and catapult his career. Let's go get him, now.

SEC Championship - check.
Natty - check.
NFL experience - check.
OC experience - check.
Young enough to be hungry and recruit - check.
May not want to work at the college level and prefers the NFL - check.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Brady was hired by LSU in the Spring of 2019 off of the New Orleans Saints staff and left for the NFL in January of 2020. He has been in the NFL ever since and has he ever recruited anyone ? He was at LSU for less than one calendar year.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Brady was hired by LSU in the Spring of 2019 off of the New Orleans Saints staff and left for the NFL in January of 2020. He has been in the NFL ever since and has he ever recruited anyone ? He was at LSU for less than one calendar year.
He spent two years as an assistant coach at William & Mary (and two years as a grad asst. @ Pedo U) so he probably did some recruiting along the way. No idea if he was any good at it.

Personally, I don’t think he wants to leave the NFL.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Many people focusing on the "best game" part of the comment.

Meanwhile some of us find this to be key, “And he had to. He had to because the other team was scoring a bunch of points. So, maybe that attitude may, ‘Well, let’s try that again.’ Let’s try to score 40 or 50. And if you don’t score 50, maybe you’ll score 35. That was always my philosophy. If we try to score 50 every week and we come a little short, that’s still pretty good."
Think About It GIF by Identity

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator