"Stay Away" from Caleb Brantley

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Has Brantley ever had legal issue in his 3+ years at UF? I can't recall. Like everyone else, I agree there's very, very few situations where having a physical altercation w/ a woman is justifiable. But, other than this incident has he been in trouble? You would think teams would have taken that into account. The fact she wanted to settle screams of this being a gold-digging situation. She probably wanted $500K or something. As a 6th round pick will his signing bonus even be $200K or more?

Last year it was slotted 165k as the 1st pick in the 6th round so it will probably be like 175K.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Last year it was slotted 165k as the 1st pick in the 6th round so it will probably be like 175K.

Thanks GF. He lost a sh*t ton of cash. Even if he had gone in the late 3rd round. Unbelievable. And F Lawing. Talk about sour grapes (w/ UF). He landed on his feet just fine and making a very nice salary at FSU. Not sure why he has such a hard-on for UF. It's business, he should be professional to understand.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I question lawing having that much influence on a former players draft stock. We're talking about someone who coulda gone in the 1st round. Our staff has shown quite a few signs that they're bordeline retarded. Wouldn't be suprised if it was mac or someone from our staff who cockblocked on Brantley.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I question lawing having that much influence on a former players draft stock.

That's why I am skeptical on the Lawing theory. Why would you take Lawing's opinion over his current coaches? You wouldn't. Didn't someone say they thought he was full of shyt during his interviews? Something isn't adding up here.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I agree that there is a lot of contradiction out there. However, absent a woman pulling a knife on me or my family, I don't think I could ever knock her teeth out.

Look at Joe Mixon: technically, he may have had the legal right to punch that girl (she pushed him first, he has the right to stand his ground and ensure he does not get pushed again). Do you think Joe Louis, I mean Mixon, was in the right?

Legally- Maybe; Morally-Nope

Lawing is still garbage for adding fuel to a fire, IMO

I won't argue with any of that. However, there is great debate about whether a punch was thrown by Brantley, never mind a tooth knocked out. The bar owner said CB pushed the girl away because she was the one throwing punches. If true, CB didn't do anything wrong.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm kinda surprised no one at UF is out in front of this...not acknowledging it at all is bad for recruiting IMHO.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ridiculous Rumors by rivals......what else is new?

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Don't knock women's teeth out Caleb, and this wont be an issue!

However, absent a woman pulling a knife on me or my family, I don't think I could ever knock her teeth out.

Why do you state that Brantley knocked her teeth out? That's not even the girl's actual accusation, which, by the way, contradicts her own initial statement to the police. Are you one of those people who automatically assume any accusation is true? If not, why do you assume her accusation is true? These questions are collectively an IQ test. Your answers, which I don't need to read or hear, can do no more for you than remove you from the category of "stupid idiot". Be more responsible with your comments.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks GF. He lost a sh*t ton of cash. Even if he had gone in the late 3rd round. Unbelievable. And F Lawing. Talk about sour grapes (w/ UF). He landed on his feet just fine and making a very nice salary at FSU. Not sure why he has such a hard-on for UF. It's business, he should be professional to understand.

Yep he hasn't worked with him for 2 years so he should have just let others talk.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That's why I am skeptical on the Lawing theory. Why would you take Lawing's opinion over his current coaches? You wouldn't. Didn't someone say they thought he was full of shyt during his interviews? Something isn't adding up here.

I could see them listening to Lawing because they would think he might say more since he isn't at UF any longer. I still have a hard time thinking anyone on this staff said that. They know it would leak out if they did.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I agree that there is a lot of contradiction out there. However, absent a woman pulling a knife on me or my family, I don't think I could ever knock her teeth out.

Look at Joe Mixon: technically, he may have had the legal right to punch that girl (she pushed him first, he has the right to stand his ground and ensure he does not get pushed again). Do you think Joe Louis, I mean Mixon, was in the right?

Legally- Maybe; Morally-Nope

Lawing is still garbage for adding fuel to a fire, IMO

I agree that men should not strike women. Especially if there is a great disparity in size.

You are assuming that he knocked her teeth out. One version of the story is that she began striking him and after she continued he pushed her away. When he pushed her she lost her balance and fell. She could have easily damaged her teeth when she hit the sidewalk.

If that version of the story is true, then he was acting in self defense without striking her and she created the circumstances in which her teeth got damaged. In my opinion he would not be legally or morally wrong in that scenario.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I question lawing having that much influence on a former players draft stock. We're talking about someone who coulda gone in the 1st round. Our staff has shown quite a few signs that they're bordeline retarded. Wouldn't be suprised if it was mac or someone from our staff who cockblocked on Brantley.

A smalltime reporter from Cleveland tweeted that she has a source that said a coach told NFL teams to stay away from Brantley.

Now this has become the newest cause to hate Mac? No one claimed it was a Gators coach. No one claimed that's why Brantley fell so far in the draft. Heck, no one even knows if her source is real or accurate. I haven't seen anyone else back up her claim or any evidence anyone else has heard this. The only additional reports coming out are saying that Lawing is responsible.

Google her name. She is a beat reporter for the Browns and has a heavy reputation for "starting ****". There are tons of Browns fans out there blaming her for starting every QB controversy. They hate her.

I know people tend to believe news that supports their own personal bias, but seriously, you are honestly going to convince yourself that Mac and company are running around actively trying to screw their own players simply because some reporter for the Cleveland Plain Dealer (very noted and respectable Gators sports source throughout the ages) has a Twitter account?

It makes far more sense that she was lied to, she exaggerated, she misunderstood or that a bitter ex-coach is still angry about being fired. However, simply because the tweet used the word "coach" you guys think that's evidence that the highly unlikely scenario that Mac and his assistants are actively trying not to get players drafted is the obvious choice.

Of all the reasons to hate Mac, this is by far the most ridiculous and far fetched.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A smalltime reporter from Cleveland tweeted that she has a source that said a coach told NFL teams to stay away from Brantley.

Now this has become the newest cause to hate Mac? No one claimed it was a Gators coach. No one claimed that's why Brantley fell so far in the draft. Heck, no one even knows if her source is real or accurate. I haven't seen anyone else back up her claim or any evidence anyone else has heard this. The only additional reports coming out are saying that Lawing is responsible.

Google her name. She is a beat reporter for the Browns and has a heavy reputation for "starting ****". There are tons of Browns fans out there blaming her for starting every QB controversy. They hate her.

This!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I know people tend to believe news that supports their own personal bias, but seriously, you are honestly going to convince yourself that Mac and company are running around actively trying to screw their own players simply because some reporter for the Cleveland Plain Dealer (very noted and respectable Gators sports source throughout the ages) has a Twitter account?

It makes far more sense that she was lied to, she exaggerated, she misunderstood or that a bitter ex-coach is still angry about being fired. However, simply because the tweet used the word "coach" you guys think that's evidence that the highly unlikely scenario that Mac and his assistants are actively trying not to get players drafted is the obvious choice.

Of all the reasons to hate Mac, this is by far the most ridiculous and far fetched.

She said a coach at school...not former coach or rival coach. It can be interpreted many ways.

I have said multiple times that if it is Lawing we can use it against FSU...big time. You think it should just be ignored? No comment by Mac? The optics are bad.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I have said multiple times that if it is Lawing we can use against FSU...big time. You think it should just be ignored? No comment by Mac? The optics are bad.

There was a single undocumented tweet by a small time reporter from the Cleveland Plain Dealer. It is getting minimal coverage. Abolverde had a single tweet in response. Other than that, I haven't seen or heard anyone discussing this outside of this board.

Why on earth would Mac legitimize and spread this by responding to it? That would be counter productive.

Every player Mac gets in the NFL helps him. It doesn't make any sense to think that he would go out of his way to tell at least 32 different people not to draft his players. It's just ludicrous.

Someone could tweet tomorrow that a "coach" said Brantley was trying to sell nukes on the black market. I doubt he would call a press conference to address that either.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There was a single undocumented tweet by a small time reporter from the Cleveland Plain Dealer. It is getting minimal coverage. Abolverde had a single tweet in response. Other than that, I haven't seen or heard anyone discussing this outside of this board.

Why on earth would Mac legitimize and spread this by responding to it? That would be counter productive.

Every player Mac gets in the NFL helps him. It doesn't make any sense to think that he would go out of his way to tell at least 32 different people not to draft his players. It's just ludicrous.

Someone could tweet tomorrow that a "coach" said Brantley was trying to sell nukes on the black market. I doubt he would call a press conference to address that either.

Wow...there were at least two threads about it on one site and it is talked about on TOS in the Brantley thread. So, total BS on your part.

BTW, I haven't bagged on Mac one bit about this..in fact, it would be a great recruiting tool against FSUcks. We need to start going after them ****ers hardcore. If Lawing said that crap then I expect our head coach to raise some hell about it. And use it against them on the recruiting trail. ****. If not, our guy is just the giant pussy I thought he was.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Why do you state that Brantley knocked her teeth out? That's not even the girl's actual accusation, which, by the way, contradicts her own initial statement to the police. Are you one of those people who automatically assume any accusation is true? If not, why do you assume her accusation is true? These questions are collectively an IQ test. Your answers, which I don't need to read or hear, can do no more for you than remove you from the category of "stupid idiot". Be more responsible with your comments.

Hey man, I was just quoting what was already said. I guess, I should have qualified it with: *if true.

Thanks for pointing that out to me you ultra sensitive douche. Now, go fight for other good causes, like improper gender labels, you ultra-sensitive social justice warrior.

Now go away, the adults are talking.

Last edited:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow...there were at least two threads about it on one site and it is talked about on TOS in the Brantley thread. So, total BS on your part.

BTW, I haven't bagged on Mac one bit about this..in fact, it would be a great recruiting tool against FSUcks. We need to start going after them ****ers hardcore. If Lawing said that crap then I expect our head coach to raise some hell about it. And use it against them on the recruiting trail. ****. If not, our guy is just the giant pussy I thought he was.

Damn, He thinks I'm a moron. Well Guys, I'be

Hey man, I was just quoting what was already said. I guess, I should have qualified it with: *if true.

Thanks for pointing that out to me you ultra sensitive douche. Now, go fight for other good causes, like improper gender labels, you ultra-sensitive social justice warrior.

:trump:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Ummm, who's being the ultra sensitive doosh???

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator