"Stay Away" from Caleb Brantley

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Why do you state that Brantley knocked her teeth out? That's not even the girl's actual accusation, which, by the way, contradicts her own initial statement to the police. Are you one of those people who automatically assume any accusation is true? If not, why do you assume her accusation is true? These questions are collectively an IQ test. Your answers, which I don't need to read or hear, can do no more for you than remove you from the category of "stupid idiot". Be more responsible with your comments.
I think she added that to her ever changing story in a recent article. The knocked to floor unconscious thing wasn't flying with a video around, so she was hunting for damage that maybe a video or maybe even an eye witness couldn't prove wrong.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks. She says she hit him in the face because he "disrespected " her.

Female speaking here. Women do not ( of shoudn't) get a free pass to physically retaliate to something they feel disrespects them How often does a guy say he hit his wife or GF, because he felt disrespected? The answer is that for a typical physically abusive male, feeling disrespected is a common reason. Men don't get a free pass, and women shouldn't either.

I

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
That taking plays off stuff seems to get mentioned on a lot of players so I wonder if it really goes into their thinking a lot. Heck the top draft pick this year had that mentioned a lot and everyone remembers Randy Moss saying he took plays off.

I agree "taking plays off" is sort of a catchall criticism. Seemingly at the top of the draft were players have some special trait in terms of size or speed etc, te taking plays off criticism does not seem to hurt players that much. The further down the draft you go the more interchangable players are and thus the more this citicism seemingly hurts a player alot in terms of were in the draft he is taken.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Why do you state that Brantley knocked her teeth out? That's not even the girl's actual accusation, which, by the way, contradicts her own initial statement to the police. Are you one of those people who automatically assume any accusation is true? If not, why do you assume her accusation is true? These questions are collectively an IQ test. Your answers, which I don't need to read or hear, can do no more for you than remove you from the category of "stupid idiot". Be more responsible with your comments.
Caleb Brantley charged with battery after allegedly punching woman
Apr 26, 2017
  • i

Mark Scook

Former Florida defensive tackle Caleb Brantley, who is considered a potential first- or second-round pick in this week's NFL draft, was charged Friday with misdemeanor simple battery after he allegedly struck a woman and knocked her unconscious during a dispute earlier this month.

According to a sworn complaint obtained by ESPN from the Alachua County Clerk of the Court in Gainesville, Florida, a woman told police that the 6-foot-2, 307-pound Brantley made crude comments toward her during an argument at a bar on April 13, and she then pushed him. The complaint said Brantley responded by "striking [her] in the face, knocking her unconscious."

The complaint said the woman, who is 5-foot-6 and 120 pounds, suffered dental injuries that "displaced a tooth and will require a root canal." The complaint also said Brantley's "use of force was clearly out of retaliation and not self-defense. Additionally, the intensity of [his] force far exceeded what was reasonable or necessary."

A woman, who told police she was standing next to the victim during the dispute, said in the complaint that Brantley knocked the woman unconscious. Another woman who was there said she saw Brantley "strike the [woman] in the face with a closed fist, knocking [her] unconscious." The complaint said the second female witness identified Brantley from a photo lineup as the man who threw the punch.

Brantley's attorney, Huntley Johnson, said on Tuesday evening they were offered a settlement by the woman's counsel but have declined and that the woman plans to meet with the Alachua County State Attorney on Wednesday.

"I was approached by lawyers representing the alleged victim, both yesterday and today," said Johnson, according to the Orlando Sentinel. "They indicated to me they were meeting with the State Attorney's Office tomorrow and that they want to settle the case today. I called Mr. Brantley and communicated what they said to me. He told me that under no circumstances were we to offer them money or give them any money. He said no."

Johnson hasn't returned multiple messages from ESPN.

Brantley didn't immediately return a voicemail left on his cellphone on Sunday. The woman referred questions to her attorney when reached Sunday night. One of the female witnesses declined to comment.

The Independent Florida Alligator student newspaper first reported that Brantley was charged with a misdemeanor.

Brantley, 22, from Crescent City, Florida, is ranked as the No. 4 defensive tackle and the No. 55 NFL draft prospect overall by ESPN's Scouts Inc. The draft begins Thursday night in Philadelphia.

Brantley started 21 games for the Gators during his career. He had 20 tackles for loss and 5½ sacks over the past two seasons combined.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to say with no video. The worker there said Brantley just pushed her hard after she attacked him. As far as the tooth thing I guess that could cause that with an open hand but you would think she would have been more animated about it when she was leaving. There have been a few of these cases where they were trying to get settlements where the female actually added on to the physical stuff later believe it or not. Money is a big motivator sometimes. He would be crazy to settle now.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Caleb Brantley charged with battery after allegedly punching woman
Apr 26, 2017

Former Florida defensive tackle Caleb Brantley, who is considered a potential first- or second-round pick in this week's NFL draft, was charged Friday with misdemeanor simple battery after he allegedly struck a woman and knocked her unconscious during a dispute earlier this month.

According to a sworn complaint obtained by ESPN from the Alachua County Clerk of the Court in Gainesville, Florida, a woman told police that the 6-foot-2, 307-pound Brantley made crude comments toward her during an argument at a bar on April 13, and she then pushed him. The complaint said Brantley responded by "striking [her] in the face, knocking her unconscious."

The complaint said the woman, who is 5-foot-6 and 120 pounds, suffered dental injuries that "displaced a tooth and will require a root canal." The complaint also said Brantley's "use of force was clearly out of retaliation and not self-defense. Additionally, the intensity of [his] force far exceeded what was reasonable or necessary."

A woman, who told police she was standing next to the victim during the dispute, said in the complaint that Brantley knocked the woman unconscious. Another woman who was there said she saw Brantley "strike the [woman] in the face with a closed fist, knocking [her] unconscious." The complaint said the second female witness identified Brantley from a photo lineup as the man who threw the punch.

Brantley's attorney, Huntley Johnson, said on Tuesday evening they were offered a settlement by the woman's counsel but have declined and that the woman plans to meet with the Alachua County State Attorney on Wednesday.

"I was approached by lawyers representing the alleged victim, both yesterday and today," said Johnson, according to the Orlando Sentinel. "They indicated to me they were meeting with the State Attorney's Office tomorrow and that they want to settle the case today. I called Mr. Brantley and communicated what they said to me. He told me that under no circumstances were we to offer them money or give them any money. He said no."

Johnson hasn't returned multiple messages from ESPN.

Brantley didn't immediately return a voicemail left on his cellphone on Sunday. The woman referred questions to her attorney when reached Sunday night. One of the female witnesses declined to comment.

The Independent Florida Alligator student newspaper first reported that Brantley was charged with a misdemeanor.

Brantley, 22, from Crescent City, Florida, is ranked as the No. 4 defensive tackle and the No. 55 NFL draft prospect overall by ESPN's Scouts Inc. The draft begins Thursday night in Philadelphia.

Brantley started 21 games for the Gators during his career. He had 20 tackles for loss and 5½ sacks over the past two seasons combined.

As with any other article, the things they don't tell you can be as important as the things they do tell you.

What the article leaves out is that this complaint was filed the next day. It also doesn't tell you that the information in this complaint is completely contradictory to the information in the police report in which the woman told the police that she hit Brantley first. This article also doesn't tell you that the two witnesses are the girl"s roommate and a high school friend and that neither of them told the police these things the night of the incident.

This complaint was filed by the woman after the fact and simply records the second version of her story that was given to police. Shortly after giving the version of the story in the article she began asking for money.

The article leaves all of that information out.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As with any other article, the things they don't tell you can be as important as the things they do tell you.

What the article leaves out is that this complaint was filed the next day. It also doesn't tell you that the information in this complaint is completely contradictory to the information in the police report in which the woman told the police that she hit Brantley first. This article also doesn't tell you that the two witnesses are the girl"s roommate and a high school friend and that neither of them told the police these things the night of the incident.

This complaint was filed by the woman after the fact and simply records the second version of her story that was given to police. Shortly after giving the version of the story in the article she began asking for money.

The article leaves all of that information out.
People believe what they want to believe.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That Mark Skunk article was a hack's falsehoods to have "tragedizing scoop". Tragedizing gets clicked on. And the core most magnetic to readers = a "do-wrong-to-a-woman-guy" is gonna lose multi-millions of money. = Exaggerated feminists win.

They should release the video to the public, 2 videos = 1) with a distant enough view to see the "crow" and where the combatants stood. Thus, we should see her hitting (& possibly swinging more time at his head. See, a female's punch is never effective enough to satisfy her vengeance, so she swings continuously, which demands that someone push her back to stop what's not right. In this case maybe Brantly provided the peacemaker's push. On the video the aftermath behaviors are important: a) was the girl throwing multiple hit attempts?..... b) how menacing was CB's shove (based on his arm speed & not a drunk girl's tumble.) c) girl's fall after CB's shove - did she lay there unconscious? d) how did the close surrounding bystanders react = did anybody try to catch her fall? who helped her up and was she groggily supported in walking away? I think video answers to these a) thru d) should show which of the two is telling the truth and a charge of filing a false police report should result.

My bias favoring Brantley is not based on female vs male, nor because CB is a Gator, but based on her story changing and that changes have been in the direction of favoring collecting money damages.

I find CB's severe drop in the NFL draft baffling.?... unless there is some feminazis (a sizeable group) who have scared league officials, reminding them how much viewership dropped just from Kaepernick's knee and what their proactive picketing & marches can do with 5*Ashley Judd's "squat-&-sway" poem being performed again. Probably get "liawatha" Senator Warren to speak.

The NFL should have ignored this possibly unfounded story. Should have drafted CB as high as he deserved, given the monetary rewards he deserved. Then if the law decided this case, if against CB as a wrongful shove, then the NFL could fine him big-time and send that money to support abuse shelters for many women.??

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That Mark Skunk article was a hack's falsehoods to have "tragedizing scoop". Tragedizing gets clicked on. And the core most magnetic to readers = a "do-wrong-to-a-woman-guy" is gonna lose multi-millions of money. = Exaggerated feminists win.

They should release the video to the public, 2 videos = 1) with a distant enough view to see the "crow" and where the combatants stood. Thus, we should see her hitting (& possibly swinging more time at his head. See, a female's punch is never effective enough to satisfy her vengeance, so she swings continuously, which demands that someone push her back to stop what's not right. In this case maybe Brantly provided the peacemaker's push. On the video the aftermath behaviors are important: a) was the girl throwing multiple hit attempts?..... b) how menacing was CB's shove (based on his arm speed & not a drunk girl's tumble.) c) girl's fall after CB's shove - did she lay there unconscious? d) how did the close surrounding bystanders react = did anybody try to catch her fall? who helped her up and was she groggily supported in walking away? I think video answers to these a) thru d) should show which of the two is telling the truth and a charge of filing a false police report should result.

My bias favoring Brantley is not based on female vs male, nor because CB is a Gator, but based on her story changing and that changes have been in the direction of favoring collecting money damages.

I find CB's severe drop in the NFL draft baffling.?... unless there is some feminazis (a sizeable group) who have scared league officials, reminding them how much viewership dropped just from Kaepernick's knee and what their proactive picketing & marches can do with 5*Ashley Judd's "squat-&-sway" poem being performed again. Probably get "liawatha" Senator Warren to speak.

The NFL should have ignored this possibly unfounded story. Should have drafted CB as high as he deserved, given the monetary rewards he deserved. Then if the law decided this case, if against CB as a wrongful shove, then the NFL could fine him big-time and send that money to support abuse shelters for many women.??

Mixon was on tape knocking that girl out. Conley is in the midst of a rape investigation. There's more going on with Caleb than this one incident and a drunk former coaches opinion. Someone saw or heard something that spooked a lot of teams. And Cleveland? My gawd...that's football purgatory. He would have been better being undrafted.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not me......... :bananadance2:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Mixon was on tape knocking that girl out. Conley is in the midst of a rape investigation. There's more going on with Caleb than this one incident and a drunk former coaches opinion. Someone saw or heard something that spooked a lot of teams. And Cleveland? My gawd...that's football purgatory. He would have been better being undrafted.

Exactly the two players drafted despite legal issues says to me that there is more to the Brantley issue than the recent incident. Mixon's is old news, but Conley's is even more recent and unsettled than Brantley's. Brantley is currently charged with a misdemeanor, Conley could in theory do real time.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly the two players drafted despite legal issues says to me that the is more to the Brantley issue. Mixon's is old news, but Conley's is even more recent and unsettled than Brantley's. Brantley is currently charged with a misdemeanor, Conley could in theory do real time.

I thought I heard people saying Conley's case was really weak. Some of Brantley's drop is due to the case but to drop to the 6th round that mess Lawing supposedly said probably had a lot to do with it. I doubt there is anything to do with his case that hasn't been claimed already.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I thought I heard people saying Conley's case was really weak. Some of Brantley's drop is due to the case but to drop to the 6th round that mess Lawing supposedly said probably had a lot to do with it. I doubt there is anything to do with his case that hasn't been claimed already.

Yep, that is what I read too. But that LSU guy went undrafted a while back in part supposively because an ex-girl friend who was pregnant was murdered just before the draft and the police wanted to talk to him after the draft. It is claimed he was never even a suspect, but again he went undrafted.

In some ways the Conley situation is the outlier. I have read Conley took a lie detector test and passed, but again some people can beat lie detector tests.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I just have a hard time that 31 other teams believed that drunk Lawing(if it was him). Again, 2+2 is not 4 here.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, that is what I read too. But that LSU guy went undrafted a while back in part supposively because an ex-girl friend who was pregnant was murdered just before the draft and the police wanted to talk to him after the draft. It is claimed he was never even a suspect, but again he went undrafted.

In some ways the Conley situation is the outlier. I have read Conley took a lie detector test and passed, but again some people can beat lie detector tests.

Collins last year was the weekend before the draft, so teams really had 3 days to find out the story. His agent also told teams that if he wasn't in the first 3 rounds, he would hold out and re-enter the draft the following year (ie Bo Jackson).

The problem with Brantley's case was timing, less than two weeks before the draft. The other people in this years draft, Mixon and Lewis all had their incidents with more times for the NFL teams to investigate. Conley flew out to a few teams to help their internal investigations, taking a lie detector test (hear the Raiders administered their own, but don't how true that is) Apparently a coach was bad mouthing Brantely as well, but a drop from 2nd round pick (3/4th best DT in the draft) to a 6th round pick is a loss (using last years numbers) Last pick 2nd round guaranteed money $1.06 Million (total contract 3.9 Million) , 1st Pick 6th round guaranteed money $164,309 (total contract 2.5 Million).

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if CB's incident turns out to be a self-protection shove-case, at least CB will become a millionaire.
My previous long post was a plea that in cases of "not ironclad" evidence of girl accusing boy, a closer "fairness" be
stringently applied. Via "innocent until proven guilty", the accused (male) and the victim (female)-or vice-a-versa the police should extend each equal social protections= i.e. not let out either's name, not assume that the male is the aggressor, and in cases of conflicting witnesses-confusion, do not cuff anybody or cuff them both, if that's regulation.

By a feminist movement years ago, our previously polite society has changed "the weaker sex". If men can do it, then women can do it. More women more frequently get too drunk at bars/lounges (like a % of men always have) and a few more women when now they lose their temper physically strike their target. But a man should be able to know that such rage (that he ignited?) is a "must-signal" to go away completely.??

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
The videos should have been public enough the decision makers on teams could find them. It seems like they weren't. I didn't know there were 2.

I did see where someone replied toscome attacks on Barntely on Twitter that there was a video and it showed a different story than the woman told, ( each time), but then he tweeted back that he had called GPD and they said there was no video. ????? What is going on for them to say that.

Seems like his lawyer should have made it available to the teams if he is the one who has it.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member

So there are 2 videos?

I did see where someone replied to some attacks on Barntely on Twitter sayng there that there was a video( which the other tweeters believed there wasn't since they hadn't seen it.) Said it showed a different story than the woman told, ( each time), ie that Brantley didn't punch her and knock her lights out. However, then he tweeted back that he had called GPD and they said there was no video. ????? What is going on for them to say that?

Seems like his lawyer should have made it available to the teams.. Actually seems like it should be widely distributed to counteract the rapidly created and resistant belief that Brantley punch her lights out, which is pretty much what most people assume after the press to that effect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.