Submit your Gator questions to Matt Hayes of The Sporting News!

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who’s in?

I have scheduled an interview (for real!) with Matt Hayes, senior college football writer at Sporting News. Here’s where you come in: sure, I can think of a few questions to ask, but perhaps you can as well. If you have a question, comment here or send me a PM. I will then send all relevant questions to Mr. Hayes. He is allowed to pick and choose which he answers. When I get his responses, I will write up the interview and publish it here (and perhaps on another sports site, but I’m not guaranteeing that). Your name will accompany your question(s) in the interview.

Hayes is a national writer, but he knows the SEC and Florida very well, so don’t feel bashful about prodding him for Gator info/perspective.

Because he will be in Hoover, Alabama, at the SEC Media Days event beginning tomorrow, the deadline for question submissions is sometime this evening.

If anyone out there can get Ed Aschoff to respond to email, try the same with him. Or Chris Lowe at ESPN. Yes, he’s a Vol, but he might be interested in the publicity.

Again – deadline this evening, say 9pm Eastern. Ask as many questions as you would like. I will ignore vapid and/or just plain silly questions.

Who’s in?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is a great opportunity for the board, ladies and germs - a Gatorchatter exclusive interview with a national sports writer. Send in some good questions.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What does he realistically think it will take for Muschamp to survive after this season ? Does he think Muschamp could survive a 4 loss season that included 3 later season losses to Georgia, SC and FSU ?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
srivet is Guardian from the GSMB, by the way.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think a 2 loss SEC team could make the college football playoff with a schedule like Florida's?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
American interest in soccer appears to be tepid at best however I personally want to soak up as much knowledge about the sport as I can. Here's my list of questions:
Does Luis Suarez speak with a high-pitched whiny lisp like Mike Tyson?
Is there a plan by FIFA for women to join the league and compete with men? (think lingerie futball)
Why does the goalie always wear a different coloured uniform?
Why does the goalie always seem to fall down as he makes a defensive play? Does it make him appear to be trying harder?
Thanks in advance. I'll close now and await your response.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How does he see the East shaking out this year? If WM doesn't survive the 2014 campaign, who does he see as the most likely candidates for our next HC? How big of an impact would a coaching change make on our 2015 recruting class? Thanks for lining this up guys...can't wait to see all the Q and A!

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
What does he realistically think it will take for Muschamp to survive after this season ? Does he think Muschamp could survive a 4 loss season that included 3 later season losses to Georgia, SC and FSU ?
Added your question, G F.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
Do you think a 2 loss SEC team could make the college football playoff with a schedule like Florida's?
Added, JC_Gator

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
How does he see the East shaking out this year? If WM doesn't survive the 2014 campaign, who does he see as the most likely candidates for our next HC? How big of an impact would a coaching change make on our 2015 recruting class? Thanks for lining this up guys...can't wait to see all the Q and A!
Added, MJM.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
Thanks!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Muschamp doesn't survive the season what is the potential impact on the 2015 class.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And based on Roper's history what is a realistic expectation for this season?

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
If Muschamp doesn't survive the season what is the potential impact on the 2015 class.
Already asked above.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Could you also ask him for his short list of the brightest up and coming young coaches? Where does he Petrino landing in a year or two? Does he think Shaw would consider leaving Stanford for any other college gig?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
From his OC position can Roper and enthusiasm adopted run this UF overall Show like a totally new "acting HC partner" to transform this team into a multi-talented juggernaut ? Or how much will we get of Muscahmp mix with the Roper Mix ?

'

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mr. Hayes in history of coaches, how many beat-down resurrection HCs have you seen, reassemble into a top tough-to-beat leader ? We surely need this. SEC, CFB needs this to hold down harsh upheaval.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
Could you also ask him for his short list of the brightest up and coming young coaches? Where does he Petrino landing in a year or two? Does he think Shaw would consider leaving Stanford for any other college gig?
I'll ask. Doesn't mean he'll answer, but I will ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.