Tennessee game

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This will end up being an early game, most likley an SEC network game or ESPNU. There are several big games in the SEC, that weekend.
Week 6

Saturday, Oct. 4
Alabama at Ole Miss - CBS, these are two top 10 teams
LSU at Auburn - if LSU loses, they are done in the west
Florida at Tennessee - if UF loses, they will look for a new coach
Vanderbilt at Georgia - only game lower than ours
South Carolina at Kentucky - we'll see if KY is for real or if we are really that bad
Texas A&M at Mississippi State - Winner takes on Bama / Ole Miss for the west crown

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
In the offseason, I'd contemplated going to Knoxville. Then I decided I'd just watch it at home and have a party. Now, I'm taking my wife out of town and will watch casually from a pool bar.

Thank you Will.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n58600 said:
In the offseason, I'd contemplated going to Knoxville. Then I decided I'd just watch it at home and have a party. Now, I'm taking my wife out of town and will watch casually from a pool bar.

Thank you Will.
Give it a few more days, you'll decide not to watch it at all. :lol:

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me be very clear, I want very much for us to win this game. What I do not want, that I can see brewing already, is the sunshine pumpers acting like it is and SEC Title win.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatormanTX;n58609 said:
Let me be very clear, I want very much for us to win this game. What I do not want, that I can see brewing already, is the sunshine pumpers acting like it is and SEC Title win.

WTF???

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I suspect UGA will dispatch of UT this Saturday, not because UGA is anything special, but because UT still sucks and the game is in Athens. A UGA win will reduce the once proud UF-UT game to a noon kickoff on ESPN5. And I have no earthly idea if Florida can win a game against even sorry ass Tennessee.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
soflagator;n58600 said:

Thank you Will.
October 4th is Yom Kippur, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar. No TV. No radio. We fast for 25 hours starting the night before (Friday) and it ends around 8pm Saturday evening. Except for sleep, almost all of the time is spent in synagogue, and, since my mother passed this past July, I have special prayers I have to say. If the game against the Vols is not a night game, I won't be seeing any of it. Maybe I will be better off not seeing any of it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
soflagator;n58600 said:

Thank you Will.
Makes me want to convert to Judaism.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
UT has to be licking their chops. Home game, Gators are beaten down, no confidence. The crowd is going to be deafening - they want to break that streak.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatormanTX;n58609 said:

No need to psychoanalyze us, if we win, it's just another win over and inferior (even by Muschamp's standards) program. If we lose, it's further validation that a change is not only necessary, but forthcoming. A loss at Tennessee ends it for Muschamp, period!

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
oxrageous;n58621 said:
UT has to be licking their chops. Home game, Gators are beaten down, no confidence. The crowd is going to be deafening - they want to break that streak.

I am glad we have two weeks to prepare but we better know they are dying to feast on our bones right now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n58624 said:
A loss at Tennessee ends it for Muschamp, period!
I wish you were right. Alas, I don't believe that for a moment. Foley will stand behind him 1000%. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
soflagator;n58600 said:

Thank you Will.
I'm considering converting as well, at least for a weekend. That, or swallowing a cyanide pill.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Does anyone know where I can get like a 2 week conversion crash course on Judaism? tia.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
oxrageous;n58629 said:
I wish you were right. Alas, I don't believe that for a moment. Foley will stand behind him 1000%. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

I again want to plug the contest that I think Ox should post to a sticky. Guess closest to the day when Muschamp gets fired, tie-breaker number of hours after most recent loss. My vote is after the season is over BUT I do think Foley might just pull a Zook if it is really bad.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatormanTX;n58628 said:
I am glad we have two weeks to prepare but we better know they are dying to feast on our bones right now.

If the coaching staff sucks as bad as it appears, two weeks to prepare is specious. It will give the players extra time to heal up from any bumps and bruises, so that is certainly a positive. But if anyone is expecting UF to suddenly come out and appear well-coached and well-prepared because the staff had an extra week, don't bank on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.