Tennessee game

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
soflagator;n58600 said:
In the offseason, I'd contemplated going to Knoxville. Then I decided I'd just watch it at home and have a party. Now, I'm taking my wife out of town and will watch casually from a pool bar.

Thank you Will.
Give it a few more days, you'll decide not to watch it at all. :lol:
Is now scheduled at noon on SEC Network. Will not see any of it, because, in Orthodox Judaism, at our synagogue, I will be getting to synagogue around 9am and will not leave for the one hour "break" until about 4pm (yes, you read that right)! Then we go back at about 5 until just after 8!! But think of it this way - if you can't eat, and you can't drink (even water - of course, these restrictions don't apply to: children under Bar Mitzvah age of 13, pregnant women, or people who are sick or elderly that can't take it - I'm 58), what better a place to be than somewhere where you can't eat or drink?

BTW, only consolation to this is that all the members of our synagogue who are either Bulldog alums or fans (the alums count for about 70% of the members who are college graduates, and close to 100% of our adults are graduates of some college) won't see their game against Vandy, either. It follows us on the SEC Network at 4pm.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n58736 said:
There is absolutely no reason why UF should lose this game

Couldn't agree more. But there was absolutely no reason that UF should've gone to three OTs with Kentucky either.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
I suspect UGA will dispatch of UT this Saturday, not because UGA is anything special, but because UT still sucks and the game is in Athens. A UGA win will reduce the once proud UF-UT game to a noon kickoff on ESPN5. And I have no earthly idea if Florida can win a game against even sorry ass Tennessee.
Just announced - we ARE at noon on the SEC Network. I was hoping for an evening start (see my comments above), but that didn't happen

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator said:
Does anyone know where I can get like a 2 week conversion crash course on Judaism? tia.
See my second comment above in that mini-thread (is that what we call comments to a post? LOL) You just don't want to go through what we do - and besides, just about all of our prayers are in a foreign and very hard to read language - Hebrew

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
After reading Zach's blog post on GSMB today, I'm done with Driskel. He's the second coming of David Bowden, UF QB of 1973 (my freshman year). If Muschamp knows what's good for him, he will read the history of the 1973 season, see what Doug Dickey had the balls to do (probably his only gutsy move in 8 seasons, or was it 9 seasons?) in an off-week (after we were 2-4) and can him for Harris, as Dickey did to Bowden for Don Gaffney. Even Zook, after 3 games of non-productivity, started freshman Chris Leak in 2003.

And speaking of Leak, what's he doing (or not doing) for our receivers? Couldn't he be assisting with the QB as well?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
GatormanTX;n58649 said:
GA is favored by 18 which gives me the impression that the Vols are still considered a train wreck but I just think that have made some real improvements this year and should not be taken lightly. I still think we pull it off with the extra prep time.

But the Vols only lost 34-10 at OU, and with a few plays here and there, they could have only lost 27-14. That means they're back!
Alvin says that they're back

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
GatormanTX;n58730 said:
I have posted this (Brilliant if I do say so myself) idea in two boards with no response from Ox but I have like three likes so I think it should happen.
It's a little too negative, even for me.
C'mon OX, everyone knows that he is a goner so why not add a little competitive gaming to it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
GatormanTX;n58730 said:
I have posted this (Brilliant if I do say so myself) idea in two boards with no response from Ox but I have like three likes so I think it should happen.
It's a little too negative, even for me.
Sorry. It's a terrible idea. Besides, I'm still not sold he's a goner. Not at all.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n58773 said:
We'll beat Tennessee.

Alex.
Yeah, but do you want us to? That's the question everyone is afraid to ask each other.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator charm;n58735 said:
Fear not gators, our HBC is all about breaking records....his track record speaks for itself. He is our Ray Goff.

I like your helmet avatar - it's what our guys wore when I was in school (1973-1977) and what they were wearing in 1973 when Doug Dickey made his biggest boldest move - sitting QB David Bowden in 1973 during an open week (after losing to Ole Miss at home and going 2-4) and starting sophomore, and first black UF QB Don Gaffney. Gaffney was untested, and thrown into the breech at AU, and led us to victory there for the 1st time ever. And then led us to four more wins in a row, UGA, UK, Miami, and FSU.

If Muschamp wants to keep his job, he should repeat what Dickey did and start (or at least play) Harris against the Vols. Even Zook did it in 2003, sitting Ingle Martin for Chris Leak five games into the season. Driskel is just NOT getting it done.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
UT has to be licking their chops. Home game, Gators are beaten down, no confidence. The crowd is going to be deafening - they want to break that streak.
They've been "licking their chops" for several years now, it never changes.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n58787 said:
Yeah, but do you want us to? That's the question everyone is afraid to ask each other.

Who the hell would want us to lose? I know of zero Gator fans that are rooting for us to lose.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n58796 said:
It's a pretty f*cking pathetic question to ask.
I couldn't agree more. It's horrible to have to ask it. It's unfortunately a legitimate question for the remainder of the season.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n58797 said:
Who the hell would want us to lose? I know of zero Gator fans that are rooting for us to lose.
You're on this website, which means you absolutely know of more than one who want us to lose.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n58802 said:
You're on this website, which means you absolutely know of more than one who want us to lose.

I always took it as sarcasm, not that they actually want us to lose. But I guess I could be reading them wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.