Tennessee game

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n58639 said:
I'm really not convinced anymore......And that makes me sad.
I don't think we'll beat them because we're good...they are bad and play even worse against UF. I don't believe they have the OL or DL to win this game...or the QB to really exploit our secondary.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n58642 said:
If the coaching staff sucks as bad as it appears, two weeks to prepare is specious. It will give the players extra time to heal up from any bumps and bruises, so that is certainly a positive. But if anyone is expecting UF to suddenly come out and appear well-coached and well-prepared because the staff had an extra week, don't bank on it.
You seem to have changed your tune quite a bit from when the season started. It sucks we're all so beaten down around here.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
GA is favored by 18 which gives me the impression that the Vols are still considered a train wreck but I just think that have made some real improvements this year and should not be taken lightly. I still think we pull it off with the extra prep time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n58629 said:
I wish you were right. Alas, I don't believe that for a moment. Foley will stand behind him 1000%. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

A loss won't end it that moment. But if there's one thing we've learned about WM it's that once we start losing, look out. A ut loss would all but guarantee losses against Mizz, Lsu, Usce, uga, etc. Outside of EKU and VU, I'm not sure there's another win. It may not be announced the following Monday, but imo, the decision will have been made and it will only be a matter of time.

I actually think many here are too hard on Foley regarding this. As awkward as 2012 was, we did win 11 games. Then the injuries last year--which,in no way were the reason we lost 3-4 of those games--gave enough cover that it may have been hard to pull the plug without getting ridiculed. It's not as if he's stood by disastrous season after disastrous season. I have little doubt that this year is a make or break season for WM and even less doubt that WM has been made aware. Again, just look at his face during the UK game. It was if he knew it was all over. Certainly not the stubborn, "I've got support for what I'm doing" face that we've seen on numerous other occasions. WM's done if we go on one of his patented mid-season slides.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n58645 said:
I don't think we'll beat them because we're good...they are bad and play even worse against UF. I don't believe they have the OL or DL to win this game...or the QB to really exploit our secondary.

You are probably right about the lines but I watched their QB and I was shocked how good and accurate he was passing the ball to his receivers even when the DBs had pretty good position in the 2 early games I watched them some. If he has time anything like those games he could definitely exploit our secondary imo.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
GatormanTX;n58628 said:
I am glad we have two weeks to prepare but we better know they are dying to feast on our bones right now.

If the coaching staff sucks as bad as it appears, two weeks to prepare is specious. It will give the players extra time to heal up from any bumps and bruises, so that is certainly a positive. But if anyone is expecting UF to suddenly come out and appear well-coached and well-prepared because the staff had an extra week, don't bank on it.
No expectation of any such thing. I just know that when a rat is backed into a corner they can pull out some pretty good tricks. And, while UT is not real contender they are better than Kentucky, IMO. That Robinson tweet however could create some real problems among the players.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n58652 said:
You are probably right about the lines but I watched their QB and I was shocked how good and accurate he was passing the ball to his receivers even when the DBs had pretty good position in the 2 early games I watched them some. If he has time anything like those games he could definitely exploit our secondary imo.
Exactly my worry. They've actually got some damn good receivers and I have seen no semblance of a pass rush to make Worley uncomfortable.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n58645 said:

Not arguing here but have you watched a full UT game this year? They are improved and I think they are going to do better than UK. The questions is, will we do better than we did against UK.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n58646 said:
You seem to have changed your tune quite a bit from when the season started. It sucks we're all so beaten down around here.

Not really, I've never been sold on Muschamp. I didn't feel the need to run around for nine months constantly reminding everyone every two minutes or so, but I remained skeptical. Those who harped on Muschamp for nine months incessantly, backed those of us into a corner who simply wanted them to shut up about it for a few seconds. That made us appear as though we were supporting the current state and direction of the team, and that was never the case for me. Seeing the team against Bama, and even in parts v Kentucky, has reaffirmed my skepticism. Sure, I was optimistic and hopeful coming into the season, and remain so even now, but I have no faith or confidence. Sadly, it has really come down to this; we're all hoping for a surprise turnaround. That's NOT where you want the program to be.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatormanTX;n58649 said:
GA is favored by 18 which gives me the impression that the Vols are still considered a train wreck but I just think that have made some real improvements this year and should not be taken lightly. I still think we pull it off with the extra prep time.

But the Vols only lost 34-10 at OU, and with a few plays here and there, they could have only lost 27-14. That means they're back!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatormanTX;n58660 said:
Not arguing here but have you watched a full UT game this year? They are improved and I think they are going to do better than UK. The questions is, will we do better than we did against UK.
The only game i really watched of them was that game against Ark St? Wasn't really impressed. I just don't see how they can win this game unless our team really mails it in or Driskel serves it to them. Alabama saw how hard it was to run on our D until they got gassed.

But then again i could be dead wrong...Champ has a serious issue going conservative when the chips are down and this may be the ultimate time for him to go more conservative. I could see us doing nothing but trying to overpower them with Jones and that may keep them in it if we aren't successful.

I guess like most here that won't believe Foley or Muschamp until they see something different im not going to believe in tenn beating UF until i see something different.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Original DC;n58669 said:
Not really, I've never been sold on Muschamp. I didn't feel the need to run around for nine months constantly reminding everyone every two minutes or so, but I remained skeptical. Those who harped on Muschamp for nine months incessantly, backed those of us into a corner who simply wanted them to shut up about it for a few seconds. That made us appear as though we were supporting the current state and direction of the team, and that was never the case for me. Seeing the team against Bama, and even in parts v Kentucky, has reaffirmed my skepticism. Sure, I was optimistic and hopeful coming into the season, and remain so even now, but I have no faith or confidence. Sadly, it has really come down to this; we're all hoping for a surprise turnaround. That's NOT where you want the program to be.

Are you a lawyer?

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
GatormanTX;n58649 said:

But the Vols only lost 34-10 at OU, and with a few plays here and there, they could have only lost 27-14. That means they're back!
Who said they're back? I have watched their games and they are not last years team.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
GatormanTX;n58649 said:

I'm just being sarcastic. Tennessee fans think they're back every year after they beat a few cupcakes.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatormanTX;n58633 said:
I again want to plug the contest that I think Ox should post to a sticky. Guess closest to the day when Muschamp gets fired, tie-breaker number of hours after most recent loss. My vote is after the season is over BUT I do think Foley might just pull a Zook if it is really bad.

+1 we need this

This might be the most exciting thing we have to look forward to.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
GatormanTX;n58649 said:

Got ya. That was always funny to me until we got in the current mess we are in.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
CaribGator;n58718 said:
+1 we need this

This might be the most exciting thing we have to look forward to.

I have posted this (Brilliant if I do say so myself) idea in two boards with no response from Ox but I have like three likes so I think it should happen.

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fear not gators, our HBC is all about breaking records....his track record speaks for itself. He is our Ray Goff.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n58645 said:

A great QB isn't needed to exploit this secondary, but I agree that their O-line and D-line aren't strong enough to be a very good team. There is absolutely no reason why UF should lose this game, which is why Muschamp should be fired immediately if they lose to UT. I doubt that Foley will fire him that weekend, but I agree with others that a UT loss guarantees that Will Muschamp will not be the coach in 2015.

All that said, I think that UF will still win because of the bye. Not that I trust the coaches to do anything special, but I think the extra week gives players time to get over their embarrassing loss and banged up guys have time to get healthy. This team as flawed as it is, is still more talented and experienced than UT.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatormanTX;n58730 said:
I have posted this (Brilliant if I do say so myself) idea in two boards with no response from Ox but I have like three likes so I think it should happen.
It's a little too negative, even for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.