Tennessee game

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n58639 said:
I'm really not convinced anymore......And that makes me sad.

This. Squared.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
I suspect UGA will dispatch of UT this Saturday, not because UGA is anything special, but because UT still sucks and the game is in Athens. A UGA win will reduce the once proud UF-UT game to a noon kickoff on ESPN5. And I have no earthly idea if Florida can win a game against even sorry ass Tennessee.
The OCHO!!!

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n58642 said:
If the coaching staff sucks as bad as it appears, two weeks to prepare is specious. It will give the players extra time to heal up from any bumps and bruises, so that is certainly a positive. But if anyone is expecting UF to suddenly come out and appear well-coached and well-prepared because the staff had an extra week, don't bank on it.

Perfectly stated and with unassailable logic.

I had hoped that some perspective might return with some distance from Saturday's game, but if anything, I feel even more hopeless.

As someone else said in a previous thread, we're only 3 games in.................

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n58808 said:
I don't think any Gator fan is actually rooting for them lose.

I'm starting to question that reading what some people are posting.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
The Original DC;n58642 said:
If the coaching staff sucks as bad as it appears, two weeks to prepare is specious. It will give the players extra time to heal up from any bumps and bruises, so that is certainly a positive. But if anyone is expecting UF to suddenly come out and appear well-coached and well-prepared because the staff had an extra week, don't bank on it.
You seem to have changed your tune quite a bit from when the season started. It sucks we're all so beaten down around here.
OX, many of us who had high hopes have been beaten down by another year of incompetence... Dawg gotta go!!!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n58914 said:
I'm starting to question that reading what some people are posting.
Rooting for a loss and having apathy about a loss are two different things. People want a change.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator charm;n58806 said:
Mush dawg could undercoach a John Unitas. I agree we need a QB change. I also submit that 3 years ago JD could have been developed far better without Gomer Pyle as the HBC. I actually feel sorry for him.

Well, Driskel would have been developed better if we had had a good, consistent OC from the start. Hiring Weis was Muschamp's first mistake.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n58787 said:
Yeah, but do you want us to? That's the question everyone is afraid to ask each other.

Cheese-n-rice, of course I do. How can you even suggest that??

CWM has more than enough opportunities to screw himself into the unemployment line the rest of the way. The beating we take at the WLOCP should be the final nail - if he hasn't been canned by then.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n58828 said:
Which says all we need to know about you.

Ok, Captain, to be fair, let's look at a retrospect scenario. Knowing what we know now--both what it led to and the benefits gained from it--would you rather us pull out the win in Starkville 2004, or do you believe that it was best overall to finalize things for Zook?

I think that's the general sentiment here. I certainly don't ever want to see UF lose. But I also have zero desire to keep this experiment going without a MASSIVE improvement the rest of the way, which doesn't look likely. To me, it's seeing the silver lining to our poor performance and wanting what's best for UF long term. I think you'd have a hard time convincing anyone that such a plan should include Will Muschamp.

To be honest, I've seen many who almost took any criticism of WM way too personal and seemingly put his feelings ahead of UF. Imo, that's equally bad as those few who may be actually pulling for a loss.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n58645 said:
I don't think we'll beat them because we're good...they are bad and play even worse against UF. I don't believe they have the OL or DL to win this game...or the QB to really exploit our secondary.
They're qb is better than simms. The one thing they can do is throw it around. You are in denial if you think this match up favors us.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n58936 said:
They're qb is better than simms. The one thing they can do is throw it around. You are in denial if you think this match up favors us.

Agree. If they were a run oriented team, I'd feel more confident. Our only hope is getting solid pressure in the backfield to rattle and disrupt timing.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw the game is a 12:00 start on the SEC Network.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n58921 said:
Well, Driskel would have been developed better if we had had a good, consistent OC from the start. Hiring Weis was Muschamp's first mistake.

Not trying to defend Muschamp or Weiss etc. here but watching Driskel I don't think any OC could make him a decent college level QB. He just doesn't see the field like the good ones do.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gator Fever said:
SavannahGator;n58921 said:

Not trying to defend Muschamp or Weiss etc. here but watching Driskel I don't think any OC could make him a decent college level QB. He just doesn't see the field like the good ones do.
this^^^ and there is definately a conflict on the type of offense that we run

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Gator Fever;n58809 said:
I can never root against my own team but how would you answer this Squatch ?

We go 7-4 with a Tenn win and Will Muschamp is retained with Driskel coming back next season entrenched as the starter or we go 6-5 with a Tenn loss and Will Muschamp is finally let go by Foley and we have a new staff coming in for 2015 - which result would you choose after the fact knowing you have no control over the outcomes of the games ?
I would choose whichever option involved more winning, the rest of that is beyond my control.
I don't think Muschamp is retained at 7-4. I know many here disagree, but I don't think he can afford 4 losses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.