That didn't take long: Butthurt Steelers accuse Patriots of cheating again

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n276163 said:
The Steelers began having trouble with their headsets in the first quarter. “We were listening to the Patriots radio broadcast for the majority of the first half, on our headsets,” an animated Tomlin told reporters after the game.
Tomlin said it’s “always the case” here at Gillette Stadium, though he stopped short of suggesting the Patriots had anything to do with it. He added it only impacted coach-to-coach communication.
Patriots coach Bill Belichick said his sideline also had communication issues throughout the game and the issue comes up “it seems like weekly.” He said the league was on the verge of shutting off the headsets used by coaches, but then got things fixed.
Asked if he got an explanation, Belichick said, “We never get that answer. They just try to fix it, and they tell you it’s up or down or whatever. I don’t know. That’s not really a very strong area for me, is technology.”

I laughed.
What's funny? The NFL was in charge of the headsets.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n276163 said:
The Steelers began having trouble with their headsets in the first quarter. “We were listening to the Patriots radio broadcast for the majority of the first half, on our headsets,” an animated Tomlin told reporters after the game.
Tomlin said it’s “always the case” here at Gillette Stadium, though he stopped short of suggesting the Patriots had anything to do with it. He added it only impacted coach-to-coach communication.
Patriots coach Bill Belichick said his sideline also had communication issues throughout the game and the issue comes up “it seems like weekly.” He said the league was on the verge of shutting off the headsets used by coaches, but then got things fixed.
Asked if he got an explanation, Belichick said, “We never get that answer. They just try to fix it, and they tell you it’s up or down or whatever. I don’t know. That’s not really a very strong area for me, is technology.”

I laughed.

Before or after you cried?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Pats did it on purpose....it was a middle finger to the NFL for F'ing w/ them all off-season!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Is there any question the Patriots are winning the Super Bowl again? Every team they play is already psyched out before they take the field.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n276177 said:
Is there any question the Patriots are winning the Super Bowl again? Every team they play is already psyched out before they take the field.

Depends on that defense, I think the Mental aspect will only carry them so far. And the Steelers have a $hitty defense. They will win their division because they only have to beat the Bills, Jets and Dolphins.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
One dirty cheating franchise accusing another dirty cheating franchise of cheating. How precious.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The NFL took responsibility for the breakdown, saying it controls communications equipment, including headsets, for both teams.

Suck it haters.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Vince Lombardi never had a headset, and he did OK. So, stop whining Steelers.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n276166 said:
I think he was laughing at Bill's last sentence. I found that funny myself.
That's exactly what I was laughing at.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Can someone link the deadspin article about this? It is very Informative. It also says the Pats headphones were never shut off fyi. Weird.

I'm running around so I can't.

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE=oxrageous;n276112 the pats had the goal posts on rails so they could slide them to the side when an opponent tries a field goal

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n276289 said:
Can someone link the deadspin article about this? It is very Informative. It also says the Pats headphones were never shut off fyi. Weird.

I'm running around so I can't.

In that Quote from Bill B, they said they were not turned off, the problem was fixed before they were going to turn them off. The telecast last night said they were.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n276298 said:
In that Quote from Bill B, they said they were not turned off, the problem was fixed before they were going to turn them off. The telecast last night said they were.

The deadspin article says every time a league official started to approach the Pats side to turn off their headsets the problem went away. Then would start again. More coincidence probably.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n276305 said:
The deadspin article says every time a league official started to approach the Pats side to turn off their headsets the problem went away. Then would start again. More coincidence probably.

That's what Tomlinson alleged. League officials said they fixed it after the first occurence, then it happened briefly once more before it was corrected the second time for good. More than likely, you were generally aware of this.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For the record, Ox has Brady on his GatorChatter fantasy team, and wobble is a Patriots fan, their comments here are biased

:peabody:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n276336 said:
For the record, Ox has Brady on his GatorChatter fantasy team, and wobble is a Patriots fan, their comments here are biased

:peabody:

For the record, TREX hates the Patriots so his comments are bias also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.