That didn't take long: Butthurt Steelers accuse Patriots of cheating again

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
oxrageous;n276164 said:
What's funny? The NFL was in charge of the headsets.

According to deadspin the home teams are responsible for the headsets, not the NFL. ​I can understand having static issues or having no connection but for it to allegedly be the Pats broadcast streaming through is strange. Just like deflategate, this is no big deal but it just keeps happening to the same team. It happens at other stadiums but there seem to be numerous reports in NE which is why it's made to be a big deal.

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n276305 said:
The deadspin article says every time a league official started to approach the Pats side to turn off their headsets the problem went away. Then would start again. More coincidence probably.
the assistant to the assistant coach was sitting up in the corner of the endzone with a remote control to turn of the steelers headphones when the officials weren't watching

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
maheo30;n276136 said:
Considering it is a fact they have a long history of cheating, Tomlin's concerns are logical. Still, it seems the pats will be easy targets this year. They have no one else to blame.
Yeah, the poor bastards brought all this misery on themselves. Just look at them suffer. They'll probably be doing a lot more of this penance again this year.

th
th
th

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n276383 said:
Yeah, the poor bastards brought all this misery on themselves. Just look at them suffer. They'll probably be doing a lot more of this penance again this year.

th
th
th
:lmao:

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I'd happily take a championship with an asterisk, I would just play the "they're always out to get us because we win" card.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
lagator;n276383 said:

th
th
th

Who said anything about suffering? I'm just pointing out that the steelers conclusion is entirely logical. Anyone who cheats to the degree the pats have, lack any credibility at all. Teams don't trust them. This has been seen in the myriad of present and former players comments. So when there is an issue with the headsets, which is one of the many things the pats tampered with in the past, Tomlin makes a fuss. He has the right. I don't blame him. My guess is that this will go on all year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Any chance the Pats did this as a joke, seeing how that huge report about their cheating history from 2000-07 was just released? A report in which they talked about how often the headsets would "malfunction" at Gillette Stadium? A report that also heavily quoted Steelers officials who are still bitter about losing to the Pats in the AFC Championship in 2001? Would be an epic troll job if they did.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Wouldn't surprise me if the NFL did the tampering so the entire world would blame the Patriots for cheating again. This was one that Goodell is truly butt hurt over loosing and it seams like he is making it a mission to bring Brady down and since he has destroyed evidence in the past I wouldn't put anything past him.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
maheo30;n276405 said:
Who said anything about suffering? I'm just pointing out that the steelers conclusion is entirely logical. Anyone who cheats to the degree the pats have, lack any credibility at all. Teams don't trust them. This has been seen in the myriad of present and former players comments. So when there is an issue with the headsets, which is one of the many things the pats tampered with in the past, Tomlin makes a fuss. He has the right. I don't blame him. My guess is that this will go on all year.
What did Spurrier say? If they like you it's probably because they're beating you. And easy targets for what, butthurt? Having everyone whine and cry while you're kicking their ass just makes it sweeter. Instead of looking for conspiracy theories about why they keep winning, how about covering Gronkowski and Edelman instead? What? They can't? Sucks for them LOL.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gingerlover;n276412 said:
Wouldn't surprise me if the NFL did the tampering so the entire world would blame the Patriots for cheating again. This was one that Goodell is truly butt hurt over loosing and it seams like he is making it a mission to bring Brady down and since he has destroyed evidence in the past I wouldn't put anything past him.
Interesting angle.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n276353 said:
For the record, TREX hates the Patriots so his comments are bias also.

For the record...I'm pretty indifferent. I was just commenting in a thread. Everytime someone posts an opinion they are labeled a "hater" now? Come on...you guys are better than this. I guess I'm a racist Treon hater because I prefer Grier. Wow.

(insert the stupid butthurt emoji)

I can almost type what you guys are going to before it even happens. Getting a little stale around here. Thank god for football season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n276118 said:
Goodell has already hired Wells to investigate, but Brady destroyed the headsets immediately after the game. Dis gon be good.
He destroys all of his head sets. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator