The Athletic picks UF to go 3-9, dead last in the SEC East; have Napier on the hot seat

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I tried to watch the new Gators preseason show, like watching elevator music or Meyer on mood enhancers. Did all the BDE shrivel?
Thursday will tell us which way culture shock cuts and how many folks still have houses.
Gators need to be up and coming!

and your mom

Not to bringp olitics into the SF, but who has control of the keyboard at this time? Kamala, Biden, or KJP?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
We're going 8-4 / 9-3
We will compete with Georgia, possibly, scare them a little.

I see us playing up to the competition this year and losing a couple games we shouldn't, to lesser opponents.
No, Not Vandy and Kentucky.

The way the schedule sets up.
I'm worried about Missouri and Arkansas.

Hopefully Utah was one of the 3-4 losses you saw.

Sep 1, 2023
This is getting ridiculous. We're going to be twice as bad as last season? Please tell me the players are seeing this stuff.

Image-22.jpg

Image-1-11.jpg

Discuss.
Remind me why we paid this guy $51 minimum over 7 years?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Scoring quickly?
Offense doesn't appear to be designed to score quickly, does it? Even in the RZ it looks like he's just calling plays. Others have said it doesn't seem he has a feel for play calling. It also doesn't look like he has any great plays installed for situations.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Offense doesn't appear to be designed to score quickly, does it? Even in the RZ it looks like he's just calling plays. Others have said it doesn't seem he has a feel for play calling. It also doesn't look like he has any great plays installed for situations.
Play calling was sus last season and it's starting the same way this season. Erroneous calls. Head scratcher calls.

:dunno:

It is what it is.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Play calling was sus last season and it's starting the same way this season. Erroneous calls. Head scratcher calls.

:dunno:

It is what it is.
The fourth and short shovel pass comes to mind. You might have thought with all the penetration their DL was getting that there would not be a hole, not to mention the potential for a miscue. Mertz had to make a perfect pitch. Remember a 4th and 2 vs Kentucky(?). AR kept the ball and it was stuffed? You know the deal, use our speed, go to the outside, do something confusing that challenges the defense. Napier went up the middle.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
What do these "forecasters" know that the rest of us did not? I would have thought the worst expectation is a record similar to last year's. But it's as if they knew we would take a step back, which shouldn't be possible considering we had a losing season. But it's as if they knew something that we could not predict, or were to hopeful to expect.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
This is my concern. Billy's offensive doesn't seem to be anything at all. He just runs some basic plays that everyone has and uses, but the offense doesn't have any flavor. There's no redzone offense. There's no 2 min. offense. Most of the best scoring plays from last year were brought to you by AR-15 or Cy'Bo blowing open holes for ETN and Johnson. I mean, how does this guy plan to score? 1 TD in the last 8 quarters. Against the Pac 12. We in trouble.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This is my concern. Billy's offensive doesn't seem to be anything at all. He just runs some basic plays that everyone has and uses, but the offense doesn't have any flavor. There's no redzone offense. There's no 2 min. offense. Most of the best scoring plays from last year were brought to you by AR-15 or Cy'Bo blowing open holes for ETN and Johnson. I mean, how does this guy plan to score? 1 TD in the last 8 quarters. Against the Pac 12. We in trouble.
Praying LSU dismantles fsu.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Look by now it should be obvious the "wait until next year" train has already pulled into the station. I've already punched my ticket to get aboard. The season is aleady over for us. If we get 4 wins it will be a miracle. That's beyond a worry for now. What IS worrying are the recruits. I'm not sure how we are going to hold on to them with amateur hour rearing its head every saturday. I just dread getting the "flip" news that will surely start pouring in after the UT game....

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
The way this season has started off, I’m not too confident. I’m in Orlando for the weekend too, ton of obnoxious Noles around where I’m staying. Seen a few Tigers fans too. Hopefully Lsu pulls it out.
Agreed. Not that I like LSU, at all. Just, an impressive win by our arch in-state rival solidifies that they are an SEC level team, well coached, and have a promising future. We are all concerned about holding our class together. But at the same time, how talented is Deieoeion's team? Coaching and scheme make up for a lot of things missing on a roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator