The Athletic picks UF to go 3-9, dead last in the SEC East; have Napier on the hot seat

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If he has a losing season this year he probably survives but his seat will be inferno day 1 of year 3 and he'll be gone lightning quick if we aren't destroying teams by then. Some of you dorks have been beaten for so long you've actually started believing the 'it takes 5 years, brick by brick' bulls##t. Stockholm syndrome abounds.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If he has a losing season this year he probably survives but his seat will be inferno day 1 of year 3 and he'll be gone lightning quick if we aren't destroying teams by then.
Don't believe this at all. This isn't ten years ago, the mentality is different, right or wrong. They are going to give him a minimum of 4 years, and the team would have to be AWFUL at that point for him to go anywhere. Billy is going to be the UF coach for a long time.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Don't believe this at all. This isn't ten years ago, the mentality is different, right or wrong. They are going to give him a minimum of 4 years, and the team would have to be AWFUL at that point for him to go anywhere. Billy is going to be the UF coach for a long time.
So he can have 3 straight losing seasons and as long as he wins 7 in year 4 he stays?

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So he can have 3 straight losing seasons and as long as he wins 7 in year 4 he stays?

Dr Evil Whatever GIF
Yes. They aren't firing him unless it's a total dumpster fire. I know it's upsetting to you, but that's the way the program is run now.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Yes. They aren't firing him unless it's a total dumpster fire. I know it's upsetting to you, but that's the way the program is run now.

They'll fire him if recruiting slips alongside the losses and/or if we start losing ugly.

I'm all-for patience, but competent coaching can turn things around pretty quickly. LSU and tinerce both had rapid turnarounds last year (LSU overhauled their entire roster)--and tinerce hasn't been relevant in over 15 years. I know Napier's recruited as well if not better than both those schools, so there wouldn't any excuse I can see why in Year 3, things don't start to bounce our way.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm willing to give him at least 8 years, possibly as many as 12. By year 13, I would hope we could challenge for the East, otherwise a discussion would have to be made about his future.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
We're going 8-4 / 9-3
We will compete with Georgia, possibly, scare them a little.

I see us playing up to the competition this year and losing a couple games we shouldn't, to lesser opponents.
No, Not Vandy and Kentucky.

The way the schedule sets up.
I'm worried about Missouri and Arkansas.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm willing to give him at least 8 years, possibly as many as 12. By year 13, I would hope we could challenge for the East, otherwise a discussion would have to be made about his future.

You realize, of course, 2034 is the year everyone has projected full AI robotic players, right? And if he doesn’t knock it out of the park on a new, untested technology, you’re just canning him? This is what give Gator fans a bad name.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
You realize, of course, 2034 is the year everyone has projected full AI robotic players, right? And if he doesn’t knock it out of the park on a new, untested technology, you’re just canning him? This is what give Gator fans a bad name.
Yup, that’s the year the yellow jackets get revenge.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
If he has a losing season this year he probably survives but his seat will be inferno day 1 of year 3 and he'll be gone lightning quick if we aren't destroying teams by then. Some of you dorks have been beaten for so long you've actually started believing the 'it takes 5 years, brick by brick' bulls##t. Stockholm syndrome abounds.

I don't think it takes years to rebuild but I do think the issues surrounding our program are a bit different than others like LSU/Tenn, etc...we're more Nebraska than anything.

Regardless of how you feel, the last decade of coaching hires has destroyed this program. None of them came in with a plan, a foundation, etc...Napier basically had to tear down the entire poorly constructed building and rebuild it. Now progress definitely has to be made and we should not have a losing season here, ever, regardless of who we play. If we go out and win 3 games this year, honestly, he should be fired regardless of how well the foundation is built and recruiting is going but win 7/8 games which is doable and then follow it up with 9/10 next year and I think it will all have been worth it.

Not sure that's going to happen but I'd rather that then trying to find another coach again largely because we dont want to spend to get a good one, so we will go and grab another guy who will be fired in five years after that

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it takes years to rebuild but I do think the issues surrounding our program are a bit different than others like LSU/Tenn, etc...we're more Nebraska than anything.

Regardless of how you feel, the last decade of coaching hires has destroyed this program. None of them came in with a plan, a foundation, etc...Napier basically had to tear down the entire poorly constructed building and rebuild it. Now progress definitely has to be made and we should not have a losing season here, ever, regardless of who we play. If we go out and win 3 games this year, honestly, he should be fired regardless of how well the foundation is built and recruiting is going but win 7/8 games which is doable and then follow it up with 9/10 next year and I think it will all have been worth it.

Not sure that's going to happen but I'd rather that then trying to find another coach again largely because we dont want to spend to get a good one, so we will go and grab another guy who will be fired in five years after that
First off, tell me which part of the bolded above doesn't apply to Tennessee? Then remind me which team was better over that entire period, us or them?

That said, I'm not speaking about winning 7/8 this year and 9/10 next. If we do that, while I won't be thrilled with it, I understand he'll keep his job. No, what/who I'm speaking about are the posters saying we can have multiple losing seasons in a row and he's safe and still may be the right hire. The "he should have complete immunity through 2025" retards. Those ppl need serious therapy, and a prostitute.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
First off, tell me which part of the bolded above doesn't apply to Tennessee? Then remind me which team was better over that entire period, us or them?

That said, I'm not speaking about winning 7/8 this year and 9/10 next. If we do that, while I won't be thrilled with it, I understand he'll keep his job. No, what/who I'm speaking about are the posters saying we can have multiple losing seasons in a row and he's safe and still may be the right hire. The "he should have complete immunity through 2025" retards. Those ppl need serious therapy, and a prostitute.
Can you reverse the order there? ... asking for "those people"

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I tried to watch the new Gators preseason show, like watching elevator music or Meyer on mood enhancers. Did all the BDE shrivel?
Thursday will tell us which way culture shock cuts and how many folks still have houses.
Gators need to be up and coming!

and your mom

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I tried to watch the new Gators preseason show, like watching elevator music or Meyer on mood enhancers. Did all the BDE shrivel?
Thursday will tell us which way culture shock cuts and how many folks still have houses.
Gators need to be up and coming!

and your mom
I read this 3 times and have no idea WTF any of it means. Must be hard drugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.