The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Say we get Kelly, would Texas A&M pull out the checkbook for Frost? Heard from an FSU alumnus that Jimbo’s buyout is huge, worse than Campbell’s
TA&M has a huge vault stuffed with tons of cash from wealthy Texans so a buy-out would not be a problem if they can get their man.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TA&M has a huge vault stuffed with tons of cash from wealthy Texans so a buy-out would not be a problem if they can get their man.

I believe Fisher's buyout--thanks in large part to Joe Alleva--is around 40mil.

Rich or not, that's insane. And we're not even getting into the fact that it would be for a coach who's sitting at 3-6, all because he lost a Soph QB in week one.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I believe Fisher's buyout--thanks in large part to Joe Alleva--is around 40mil.

Rich or not, that's insane. And we're not even getting into the fact that it would be for a coach who's sitting at 3-6, all because he lost a Soph QB in week one.

Again, it's $40 million IF he's fired. However, if he goes to another job the new school owes FSU around $15 million (I've heard it's actually closer to $7 million - I'll search for the link).

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Florida: On the Buddy Martin Radio Show, Steve Spurrier noted that he believes the Gators will have “an excellent coach here in 3-4 weeks,” and then added; “The coach is with his team now. The coach we’re going to hire is probably, I would almost 100 percent say is coaching his team today, this weekend, and through the end of the season, and maybe through the bowl game.”
They leave out when he was on the show and said this. Does anyone know when this quote is from?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Again, it's $40 million IF he's fired. However, if he goes to another job the new school owes FSU around $15 million (I've heard it's actually closer to $7 million - I'll search for the link).
You're gonna keep saying that until you're blue in the face. And people are still gonna say $40M.
If he leaves on his own they have to pay the assistants that aren't kept by new HC. So Jimbo included it worked out to around $18M.

ccsdk

True Gator
Nov 12, 2017
This from OnlyGators.com

Wednesday, Nov. 15 — Day 17
3:53 p.m.: In a tweet, Florida ambassador Steve Spurrier debunked a part of the below report involving his preference for the Gators’ head coach. “I am not recommending anyone for the job. We all have complete confidence that Scott Stricklin will make the best choice for our school – and we will support his decision 100 percent,” he wrote. Chomp: Candidly, that’s the one part that was not so similar to what we had heard. However, there are factions at Florida that have made it clear they prefer Scott Frost above any candidate.

fairfaxgator

Jan 24, 2017
This from OnlyGators.com

Wednesday, Nov. 15 — Day 17
3:53 p.m.: In a tweet, Florida ambassador Steve Spurrier debunked a part of the below report involving his preference for the Gators’ head coach. “I am not recommending anyone for the job. We all have complete confidence that Scott Stricklin will make the best choice for our school – and we will support his decision 100 percent,” he wrote. Chomp: Candidly, that’s the one part that was not so similar to what we had heard. However, there are factions at Florida that have made it clear they prefer Scott Frost above any candidate.

SOS left us high and dry in early 2002...we had no coach in waiting...then we got Zook...

With respect to SOS, he does need to STFU...be the Ambassador...not the Instigator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator