The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
That's what I thought, before all the Kelly rumors even started, yet these jackasses (no offense SD) rehash it today as news t o get hits/views.
I'll just speculate that Frost is/was a first candidate. But with him not wanting to talk seriously until after the season the Chip Kelly negotiations moved along much more positively than expected and now if the minor details can be worked out that's the direction we will go.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I'll just speculate that Frost is/was a first candidate. But with him not wanting to talk seriously until after the season the Chip Kelly negotiations moved along much more positively than expected and now if the minor details can be worked out that's the direction we will go.
Agree, but why does Saturday down south post today SOS's comments (that I was sure I heard awhile ago) about the next coach still coaching his team? And they intentionally leave out the date of the quote and that SOS said this when Frost was still the hottest rumor and the CK rumors hadn't even started?

And the title of the article if you want to call it that is;

Steve Spurrier's comments suggest Florida's next coach won't be Chip Kelly

The only reason to do it is to try to make it look and sound like new news, and obviously stir up a hornets nest since it apparently refutes (but in reality doesn't since this is an older quote) Kelly as the main target.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...-suggest-floridas-next-coach-wont-chip-kelly/

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You take that back. My wife is from jersey :law:
Jp-Snooki-4-popup.jpg

Snooki Snooki Snooki

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Agree, but why does Saturday down south post today SOS's comments (that I was sure I heard awhile ago) about the next coach still coaching his team? And they intentionally leave out the date of the quote and that SOS said this when Frost was still the hottest rumor and the CK rumors hadn't even started?

And the title of the article if you want to call it that is;

Steve Spurrier's comments suggest Florida's next coach won't be Chip Kelly

The only reason to do it is to try to make it look and sound like new news, and obviously stir up a hornets nest since it apparently refutes (but in reality doesn't since this is an older quote) Kelly as the main target.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...-suggest-floridas-next-coach-wont-chip-kelly/

Hard to say 100% if there is anything there because it was literally right after Spurrier said that people that seem to have some small connections on these forums and got info before on things said Kelly was a 100% done deal and then they all at once go quiet since all this Foley and Spurrier meddling rumor talk came out.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hard to say 100% if there is anything there because it was literally right after Spurrier said that people that seem to have some small connections on these forums and got info before on things said Kelly was a 100% done deal and then they all at once go quiet since all this Foley and Spurrier meddling rumor talk came out.
All I hear SOS saying now is it's Sticklin's choice, and we'll all be behind whoever the hire is 100%.

My point is Saturday Down South is being intentionally misleading. I guess they forgot "who, what, where, WHEN, and why."

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I believe Fisher's buyout--thanks in large part to Joe Alleva--is around 40mil.

Rich or not, that's insane. And we're not even getting into the fact that it would be for a coach who's sitting at 3-6, all because he lost a Soph QB in week one.
40 million? You're right. That is a lot of money and no coach is worth that.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Hard to imagine that Foley could be involved in this search. If that is true, we may as well give up football at the University of Florida. When I heard some of those murmurs on the Finebaum show today, my hopes for a home run hire were dashed and my morale fell to the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator